MLB Season 2022. Playball!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Season 2018. Playball!

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well that was anticlimactic. NL East Champs!

Fitting that Acuna Jr. caught the final out. On to the playoffs!

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Bill, coming from a Dodger fan, F YOU Phiilies.....COME ON!!!!!!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:Bill, coming from a Dodger fan, F YOU Phiilies.....COME ON!!!!!!
Have you seen them play the past month or so? What did you expect? :(
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Strange that they don't have tiebreakers.

Having to play these 1-game tiebreakers to settle the division just forces teams to reset their rotation, though in this case, all 4 NL teams are in the playoffs no matter what.

But I'm sure they don't want to play that wildcard game if they can avoid it, since it's one game takes all.

So the teams which lose have to play the WC game and then the winner has to go play against a division winner, after pitching two of their best starters, possibly.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I thought Joe Girardi was a solid mgr and a good fit for the Yankees but apparently he had a few of the core of young players complaining like Gary Sanchez. So he gets replaced by Aaron Boone who's never managed before and it ended up being a problem, leaving his starters in a little too long in the playoffs. Granted the Yanks starting rotation needs help but a lot of the unraveling came about by Boone's misjudgements especially when you have a strong bullpen.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Should be a great WS. Kershaw vs Sale. Fantastic catch by C. Taylor to keep the Brews at bay, their ride was also fantastic up to this point.

Picking the Redsox to win it all, they’ve been so good all year long but Dodgers should put on a good fight. Hope it goes all the way to 7.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Heard the WS ratings haven't been great.

So nobody here watched?

I only caught bits of it myself, mostly watched NFL and NBA today.

Good to see the Dodgers fall short again. :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:Heard the WS ratings haven't been great.

So nobody here watched?

When the series was 2-0 for BOS going into LA, I think pretty much everyone thought that it was all but over, despite the heroics in that never ending game. Coming back from a 4-0 deficit was also deflating for the Dodgers last night.

D. Price finally showed that he could pitch well under pressure in the playoffs and Bosox simply had an amazing season all year long. His changeup was dancing all series long.

I watched enough of them this season running away in the eastern division. :evil: But if you watched the series vs HOU, I knew they were the ones to beat when Benintendi had a couple of miracle catches as Kimbrel was struggling.

Pitching was solid, key additions during the season like S. Pearce and in J.D Martinez in the offseason adding experience and depth.

Just too good, probably the best team in BoSox history...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Heard the WS ratings haven't been great.

So nobody here watched?

Watched the bottom of the 9th and 10th innings of the marathon Game 3 at a bar after soundcheck for a gig. Was the only baseball I watched all year. Lived for baseball as a kid and watched regularly until World Series canceled in 1994. Now couldn't care less and doubt I ever will again.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Goldschmidt to the Cardinals...hellova trade by the red birds, assuming they can re-sign him next offseason. Love watching Goldy hit.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Goldschmidt to the Cardinals...hellova trade by the red birds, assuming they can re-sign him next offseason. Love watching Goldy hit.
Fantastic trade for sure, we really didn't give up much at all either. I would expect they talked to him and his agent a bit about a possible extension before the trade, at least I hope so.

I still want Harper though. :twisted:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’ll remain to be seen if Padres fans give a hoot about their team with Machado’s signing today. Ten years worth 300 million.

What will Harper fetch?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:It’ll remain to be seen if Padres fans give a hoot about their team with Machado’s signing today. Ten years worth 300 million.

What will Harper fetch?
He has an out after 5 years. Not a great hitters park but a hell of a place to live. The Pads have some nice young talent so good for him. I didn’t want him in Philly. I’m hoping for Harper but even if they don’t get him I am happy with the off season. McCutchen, Segura, Realmuto and Robertson are damn good acquisitions.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:It’ll remain to be seen if Padres fans give a hoot about their team with Machado’s signing today. Ten years worth 300 million.

What will Harper fetch?
He has an out after 5 years. Not a great hitters park but a hell of a place to live. The Pads have some nice young talent so good for him. I didn’t want him in Philly. I’m hoping for Harper but even if they don’t get him I am happy with the off season. McCutchen, Segura, Realmuto and Robertson are damn good acquisitions.
I'd gamble on Harper before Machado long-term. Machado looks like he's on a one-way train to Fatassville.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Season 2019. Playball!

Post by 10spro »

I think Harper will stay in the NL and something tells me that the Giants would be in the run for his services. I did hear the Phillies too.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Giants were trying to get Harper to take a shorter deal but with Machado getting this, it's extremely unlikely he would.

They need a lot more help than just Harper, though their outfield needs help.

Padres are suppose to have this great farm system and some of their top prospects are suppose to be on their roster this year.

But I thought they struggled to draw down there so if they don't become winners quickly, it could be a tough situation.

Machado may turn out to be a great player for them but you don't think of him as a big draw for fans.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Machado may turn out to be a great player for them but you don't think of him as a big draw for fans.
Isn’t the big knock on Machado his supposed lack of hustle?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:I think Harper will stay in the NL and something tells me that the Giants would be in the run for his services. I did hear the Phillies too.
I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in Washington.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

What will Harper fetch?
Hoot! I live in AZ now, but I've been a Padres fan since I moved to SD in 1990 and don't see that ever ending. Looking forward to seeing the squad this weekend in Peoria. Should be a much different vibe around the cages than last year...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So Harper agrees to sign with the Phillies for 13 yrs @ $330m and he supposedly turned down a 10 yr 300m contract with the Nationals. Seems like he gave up money for longterm security.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Rodster wrote:So Harper agrees to sign with the Phillies for 13 yrs @ $330m and he supposedly turned down a 10 yr 300m contract with the Nationals. Seems like he gave up money for longterm security.
I'd argue it seems like he gave up money to NOT play in DC anymore...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:So Harper agrees to sign with the Phillies for 13 yrs @ $330m and he supposedly turned down a 10 yr 300m contract with the Nationals. Seems like he gave up money for longterm security.
Hope it works out for Philly fans. To me that’s a lotta term and money for a guy that’s been fighting with injuries lately while hovering the .260 career mark. He’s definitely a marketable guy, a player that can win a game on his own, got power, homers but strikes out a lot as well, but we’ll see how it pans out 5 years down the road never mind 13.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I went to check on buying a yearly sub for this season and the only option is $24.99 per month which is about $300 for the year. Did MLB increase the price of their sub? I don't remember it being that high last year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Season opener for many teams including the Jays who just lost their opener in 10 vs the Tigers. Pretty good duel between Zimmerman and Stroman. A lot of young faces in TOR as they start a rebuild with new manager Charlie Montoyo.

Saw rookie sensation V. Guerrero Jr in preseason who was ripping it but had to go on injury reserve. His D needs improvement, he’s not an agile guy obviously but will raise some eyebrows once he makes his debut sometimes in May.

Not expecting much from the Jays this year as the Yankees and Bosox will battle each other out. These two teams are just loaded and I wouldn’t be surprise if either team appear in the WS.

The Yankees bullpen is sick, so can be said about the Bosox rotation.

The rookie I have an investment on this season is E. Jimenez for the Chisox, this guy is ready to shine.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Now this is what I call an A+ effort.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cut4/status/ ... 5365068800