MLB Season 2022. Playball!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Season 2018. Playball!

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
10spro wrote:Diablo, I was watching some game action with your team vs ATL, surprised they came back to beat the Phillies.
Why? The Phils are just as bad as the Braves. Gonna be a race for a second place finish in the East. First one to 78 wins gets it between the Phils, Mets and Braves.
Because I didn’t expect a bad team to come back from a five run deficit, then with two outs in the 9th, boom. Nice come back.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
10spro wrote:Diablo, I was watching some game action with your team vs ATL, surprised they came back to beat the Phillies.
Why? The Phils are just as bad as the Braves. Gonna be a race for a second place finish in the East. First one to 78 wins gets it between the Phils, Mets and Braves.
10s, the pen, which is expected to one of the better pens in this NL, gave it up. Kapler took out Nola too early. He should’ve let him finish the 6th. He was at 68 pitches.

DB, obviously its my opinion, but the Phils are going to be a better team than the Braves this year. Of course I am a Phillies fan but they are better than the Braves. Not by a ton but they should finish higher than Atlanta.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:DB, obviously its my opinion, but the Phils are going to be a better team than the Braves this year. Of course I am a Phillies fan but they are better than the Braves. Not by a ton but they should finish higher than Atlanta.
On paper...yup you’re probably right. Buuuuut not played on paper. Just ask the Twins and Dbacks last year. Predicted to be last again and both made the playoffs. So it’s all a matter of injuries and breakout seasons. That said...if the Phillies do end up in front of the Braves it’ll be by less than 5 games.

And specifically to today’s game...both starters were taken out way too early. At least the Phillies didn’t gift the Braves runs. They earned em. ;)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:DB, obviously its my opinion, but the Phils are going to be a better team than the Braves this year. Of course I am a Phillies fan but they are better than the Braves. Not by a ton but they should finish higher than Atlanta.
On paper...yup you’re probably right. Buuuuut not played on paper. Just ask the Twins and Dbacks last year. Predicted to be last again and both made the playoffs. So it’s all a matter of injuries and breakout seasons. That said...if the Phillies do end up in front of the Braves it’ll be by less than 5 games.

And specifically to today’s game...both starters were taken out way too early. At least the Phillies didn’t gift the Braves runs. They earned em. ;)
Agreed. Kapler took out Nola too early. Freddie is a legit and the Braves could’ve easily folded the tent at 5-0. They didn’t and they earned the win for sure.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well I’m not convinced. Should have gotten swept of not for Boujois front foot missing home yesterday. One series but I gotta take the wins and talk crap while I can. Haha.

Still gonna be a long year but it was a fun opening series that gives me a touch of hope.

And Kapler...yikes. What a disaster of a weekend for him. He was absolutely terrible in all aspects of the game.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The MLB.com app is pretty sweet especially on the Apple TV. I didn't realize that MLB has a free game of the day, everyday and the yearly subscription isn't too bad @ $115 for the season.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The MLB.com app is pretty sweet especially on the Apple TV. I didn't realize that MLB has a free game of the day, everyday and the yearly subscription isn't too bad @ $115 for the season.
Welcome to 2010. With that mlb.tv subscription you can watch on any device and all streaming boxes. My dad and I split the sub and stream on everything. Xbox, PS4, appletv, tablets and phones. Everything has the app now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:The MLB.com app is pretty sweet especially on the Apple TV. I didn't realize that MLB has a free game of the day, everyday and the yearly subscription isn't too bad @ $115 for the season.
Welcome to 2010. With that mlb.tv subscription you can watch on any device and all streaming boxes. My dad and I split the sub and stream on everything. Xbox, PS4, appletv, tablets and phones. Everything has the app now.
I read that the monthly re-up doesn't include the post season so does the yearly subscription include the playoffs as well? I may bite on the yearly sub if it does.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I read that the monthly re-up doesn't include the post season so does the yearly subscription include the playoffs as well? I may bite on the yearly sub if it does.
I've always had the yearly, since it's cheaper overall, and it's had the postseason games on it. Tho I've barely used it since they are all televised at that point.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Mets!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Mets!
Yup "Lets Go Mets"

That was my team followed by the Yanks growing up in NY as a kid.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Yup "Lets Go Mets"

That was my team followed by the Yanks growing up in NY as a kid.
F the Mets :). Don’t look over your shoulder....
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

How about the‘Big Sexy’ about to turn 45 and pitching 8 hitless innings vs a team that can punish you anytime.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Are Pond Scum!

:D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0pAjCp1-U[/youtube]
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

:D Beat the Mets in my franchise today.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Welcome to the show:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Enjoy, db. He and Albies are going to be fun to watch together.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

RobVarak wrote:Enjoy, db. He and Albies are going to be fun to watch together.
This team is finally starting to enjoy some of the fruits of the illegal scouting practices. ;)

If a couple of these pitchers pan out (Soroka, Gohara, Allard, Anderson, Fried, etc)...only one of which is up w/ the big team (Newcomb), they are gonna be good for a long long time. Dansby finally living up to the hype, w/ Acuna, Albies, Inciarte and a couple more soon to arrive youngsters (Pache, OF and Riley, 3B)...they are gonna be set. It's kind of fun watching them all learn together. Hopefully the trajectory is Astro-like. Bottom out, draft well, win rings.

Edit: Acuna just hit his first homer...and absolute moon shot to the upper deck in Cincy. Whoa.

https://www.mlb.com/news/ronald-acuna-h ... -273980468

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Acuna is a very nice player. Fun to watch.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And here comes the #1 pitching prospect...debuting tonight against the Mets. This season is nuts...guys we've been hearing about for years are now starting to get promoted. Good to be a Braves fan again.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Stumbled on this old interview. Guys like him and Harry caray are what make baseball great.

https://youtu.be/JHMh54YLjXE

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Braves were robbed in that game. Two back to back calls went against them and it doesn’t help that Vizcaino can’t hold the lead going into the 9th.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Viscaino sucks. The Braves really need a dependable bullpen arm. They are getting torched.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Braves announcers were getting worried with Acuna Jr’s recent strikeouts, then he shuts them up with a blast to CF. I don’t follow the Braves be he looks promising. They were saying the same thing last year about Aaron Judge.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The Braves announcers were getting worried with Acuna Jr’s recent strikeouts, then he shuts them up with a blast to CF. I don’t follow the Braves be he looks promising. They were saying the same thing last year about Aaron Judge.
Acuna is fine. He's 20. Between him, Albies, who's tied for first in homers, and Soroka...they have the three youngest players in all of baseball.