OT: Sorry

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Sorry

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys I just wanted to apologize for not being a bigger part of this wonderful family. I feel a great deal of guilt given how much love and support has been given to me and my family.

I have been pulling back from my time spent on the internet (other than for work). In fact, the past two weeks has seen me avoiding Facebook, Twitter, etc. I feel like there has been too much "noise," and I've found myself in my own "hole of despair."

With all that's been going on with my daughter's health, I have neglected my own well being. Finances are such that I don't necessarily find myself being able to do the Dr. thing as much as I probably should, but that doesn't stop me from working on myself.

I won't unload here....just wanted to say I am sorry. I am so thankful for all of you. Wish I could give more back.

God bless you guys.

Steve
grtwhtsk

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Sorry

Post by Diablo25 »

Absolutely no need for the apology! We are always here dude.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Steve,

You never have to apologize. What you and your family is dealing with is beyond comprehension for most of us. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions that your loved ones experience on a weekly basis. I'm just thankful you still have time to visit this site when you have a free moment.

As a side note, I too put aside Facebook about a year ago. I very rarely ocassionally look at it (I still wish people a Happy Birthday now and then, etc) and honestly, I'm a lot happier.

Hang in there. We're always here if you need us.

Dan

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

We've got your back Steve...anytime you need us. Definitely no need to apologize. You and your families well being is obviously first...and we all respect the sh*t out of that.

Good luck and take care. We'll be here whenever you need us. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:Absolutely no need for the apology! We are always do here dude.
Yes!

No need.

We are here.

Wish you the best.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You and your family always come first, Steve. You're a good man. We're here to help and support in any way.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Just to echo what everyone else here has said - no need to apologize ever. God bless.

Macca
(forum lurker supreme)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

And I'll echo pk... family first.. lots of great people on this forum who are here for you when needed.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

No, bro...no. That's not how this works. We've got'cha back. We're here.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Teal wrote:No, bro...no. That's not how this works. We've got'cha back. We're here.
exactly.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Hang in there, Steve, and like others said, no need to ever apologize.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Hi guys...just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope this message finds you all doing well.

I've been reading some of the gaming threads and I love the passion you guys display. I have the "want" to play, but rarely ever do. Seems like I am getting most of my gaming thrills these days from watching my boy Seth. He's been playing a bunch of COD with his friends, and MLB The Show RTTS.

Sorry I haven't been around Xbox live a bunch. My Gold expired, and I am waiting for some room in the budget to open up to renew. If you guys know of any deals, please let me know.

I didn't update the thread about my daughter, but she just spent 9 days back in the hospital. She was discharged ten days ago. This last hospitalization really brought my wife and I close to looking into Residential treatment. We so don't want to do that. Praying for healing.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Very good to hear from you Steve. Honestly, I check DSP quite often in hopes to hear an update on your daughter's condition as much as I do gaming nowadays. Family, friendship and support come before gaming of course. Sorry to hear about another set back. Thinking of your family.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Steve, wishing all the best to you and your family. Will keep you in my prayers. Just be certain that if you ever want to share your thoughts here, we will always be pulling for you and hope that things will improve with your daughter. Take care.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

All the best, Steve. We're all here for you. Everyone hopes for the best for you, your daughter and your family.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Thanks guys...appreciate you more than I can ever say.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Great to hear from you Steve.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Never apologize. And this will come off from a sort of random place, but I read your stories and end up inspired. It's odd that such a heartbreaking story could do something like that, I know...but I've felt like posting similar things in the past, here. Many know I have a severely autistic child, and he's getting bigger and more violent. Some days I feel like I don't know what we're going to do with a 12 year old who can't speak, still wears a diaper, and literally bangs his head against hand rails, walls, counter tops, and basically batters himself. Trying to break through that anger and frustration feels next to impossible some days.

Then I read other stories and realize how everybody has struggles, and there are varying levels of struggle. So don't apologize if your struggle takes you away from the stuff that brought us here together initially...the "real" things in life like this bring us together even more, even if you aren't aware of the impact your story has on other people.

Chin up, brother.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:Never apologize. And this will come off from a sort of random place, but I read your stories and end up inspired. It's odd that such a heartbreaking story could do something like that, I know...but I've felt like posting similar things in the past, here. Many know I have a severely autistic child, and he's getting bigger and more violent. Some days I feel like I don't know what we're going to do with a 12 year old who can't speak, still wears a diaper, and literally bangs his head against hand rails, walls, counter tops, and basically batters himself. Trying to break through that anger and frustration feels next to impossible some days.

Then I read other stories and realize how everybody has struggles, and there are varying levels of struggle. So don't apologize if your struggle takes you away from the stuff that brought us here together initially...the "real" things in life like this bring us together even more, even if you aren't aware of the impact your story has on other people.

Chin up, brother.
To both you and Steve,

Anytime I feel like I am having a bad day, I always snap out of it and realize some are having a FAR worse day and often times, days, weeks, months, years in a row. God Bless you both and your Families and hopefully something good can come of all of that.

Take Care,

Tim

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Keep on truckin' Steve. Take the hits, keep movin' forward. We're not going anywhere.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood