Tom Clancy's The Division

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Geez Diablo, remember that b!tch of a mission 'Napal Production Site'? Since I didn't see you online, so I decided to do it with a random and remember where we kept on dying, that was just scratching the surface.

They were so many more little missions past the flameblowers, where we kept on dying too. After midnight the dude had to go and I was on my own fighting the big boss. It was insane. It was probably around 1:30 AM where I finally passed that mission. I just kept on trying knowing that the end was close yet it required a bit of strategy beating the flameblowers along the big guy in the end.

You ought to try it now. Man, that was hard.

I am on level 12 now, and I was using the blue M60 that had a mag of 100 with 488 DMG. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what assault weapon works well for you? I know it's a personal preference but if I didn't switch weapons half way thur the aboved mission, I don't think I would have made it.
Damn, sounds like a bastard of a mission. I gotta get on tonight. The past two nights I've been too busy. Look for me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You just hit up on the D-Pad, no start button (that goes into your inventory, which is bad in a firefight!).

And yeah, if you added a 3rd guy--you'd have about twice as many enemies, so the fight might not get any easier. Especially with Ferro, I had to have a turret handy to toss out to suppress him or keep his attention long enough for me to get shots on his tanks. If you have another person, spreading out and one guy is the "bait" while the other guy gets free shots at him is imperative. He's so slow and has no long range combat ability that it's a fairly simple fight when you keep your distance.

It almost has that Dark Souls-esque "I just need to squeeze off a few more rounds" feel to it. If you try that, you're probably going to die in a lot of their boss fights. Pop up, get a few rounds off, get back in cover (and move). They won't see you moving around if you stay behind cover, so you'll find that if you can move to another location, enemies will still be attacking your previous spot. I've used guerrilla tactics while soloing a bunch, and it's very effective.

But yeah--the SCAR-H (or is it L? I can never remember, whichever one says Marksman. The other says Assault.) is a fantastic rifle, and my weapon of choice most of the time. It doesn't have the single target damage of the M1, but it has a 20 round mag, which can easily be upped to 25 or 30 with a decent mag extension mod. And you can rapid fire shots a lot more accurately than the M1 or M44, so I can pretty much place the cursor on the first point and pop-pop-pop-pop without a lot of spread. ESPECIALLY with cleaners, it's a big deal. Taking out their explosives/tanks, rather than them, is a huge time saver.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With Joe Ferro I was running up and down the stairs, without a rifle I just couldn't zoom on his side tanks. But yeah, aiming at the cleaners back pack should save you a few rounds instead of going for the headshot which is what I usually try to do.

With that mission out of the way, I want to upgrade on the security zone more.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'm not sure if there's enough variety in this one for me. Everything looks the same and the missions seem repetitive. The fact that I've been solo up to level 14 probably doesn't help either.
GT = Wilk5280

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Terry - will definitely add you (I don't have any PC uPlay 'friends' yet lol)
- I don't have voice chat for PC but this is probably just as well because I'll just be swearing!

Wish I had time to play more but loving this game. Finally got the stones to venture into the Dark Zone....and it was amazing! So tense and the player dynamics are so interesting. I'm going in alone (not in a party) and yet most people I run into are friendly but had this amazing session where a team of 3 rogue guys were just terrorizing the map and an ad-hoc group of 10 or so randoms decided to go after them. Took almost an hour of trying (and losing DZ rank levels) to get our revenge.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, the DZ is crazy. Never know what you'll get. I'm still low level on PC (and XBox One, I picked that up for some reason, too), but I spend a few minutes here or there dinking around and having fun on all 3 platforms. PS4 is my primary, since that's where the wife plays!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Been enjoying the game and hit level 30. Now its just too much effort to get the gold gear. Same feeling I got when I hit the level cap in Destiny. Makes me want to put the game down.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Most of the dudes venturing the DZ that I played with, are serious players and not dorks. Just a minor complain when the Heli is coming up to extract the goodies and the AI keeps coming at you, you can easily become Rogue not by choice but when one of your teammates pops his head in the middle of your crossfire. The other night we tried a mission on Hard. Not a chance for my level 19. :oops: We went back to normal. We went for it trying to get more XP for the purple/blue stuff. 8)

My weapons of choice so far. The Vector 45 LMG and M1A Marksman riffle.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Most of the dudes venturing the DZ that I played with, are serious players and not dorks. Just a minor complain when the Heli is coming up to extract the goodies and the AI keeps coming at you, you can easily become Rogue not by choice but when one of your teammates pops his head in the middle of your crossfire. The other night we tried a mission on Hard. Not a chance for my level 19. :oops: We went back to normal. We went for it trying to get more XP for the purple/blue stuff. 8)

My weapons of choice so far. The Vector 45 LMG and M1A Marksman riffle.
Every time I try and fire up The Division something pulls me away. I plan on getting back after it this Easter break. Maybe even tonight after the Flyers Avs game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got in about an hour of game time last night. Completed a few side missions. Still a level 9. Hopefully I get in some more time this weekend!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

At one point I mentioned that Battlefront would have more legs for me, personally. That hasn't changed. I am at level 28 (2 short of maximizing) and while I do have a buddy where I co-op with a lot of missions, my interest started to fade with this game. There's a lot of rinse and repeat, people exploiting glitches, bugs, etc. I may still keep it for a couple of weeks and see if that interest gets back to me but this is what's been going on lately.

http://kotaku.com/the-division-is-havin ... 1771622433

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I still play a s*** ton of this game every few days with the wife and another buddy. Hasn't even come close to getting stale for us, so I guess I can count myself lucky!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This game will attract me when it costs $25 or less. Like most games, it lacks legs at DSP.

Come to think of it, what's the last online game besides the EA NHL series that has enjoyed staying power of more than a couple weeks at DSP? Not a criticism. A legitimate question, as my memory fails me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I wouldn't buy it if I were you, PK. After reading your last Battlefront post, I almost replied to that one.

The reason they are adding offline stuff is for players like me...there's quite a few of us! I like the RPG slogs and killing AI guys more than I do fighting a bunch of pr*cks online. Experience has taught me one thing, and that's internet anonymity usually amounts to a 99-to-1 assh*le ratio when I play online with people.

The Division can be fun in the Dark Zone, but to get there you will have to fight through thousands of AI guys, and I'm not sure you'd even want to play that past 10 levels or something.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:This game will attract me when it costs $25 or less. Like most games, it lacks legs at DSP.

Come to think of it, what's the last online game besides the EA NHL series that has enjoyed staying power of more than a couple weeks at DSP? Not a criticism. A legitimate question, as my memory fails me.
Yeah, I can't remember really. The country club events with TW 13 were really cool and we had a good following. Not saying that The Division sucks but I lost interest lately.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I recall Red Dead Redemption having quite long legs at DSP. F*ck, that game was released in 2010. I also recall about five or six consecutive weeks of weekly online play with GTA 5 when it launched.

Five weeks was a short shelf life for a DSP online game 10 years ago. Now it's a millennium, dated in carbon-14. :cry:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:I recall Red Dead Redemption having quite long legs at DSP. F*ck, that game was released in 2010. I also recall about five or six consecutive weeks of weekly online play with GTA 5 when it launched.

Five weeks was a short shelf life for a DSP online game 10 years ago. Now it's a millennium, dated in carbon-14. :cry:
Back in the day we had a release every few months tho, now we've got em weekly. Hence the problem. And we're all much older with more responsibilities now...sucks getting old.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

pk500 wrote:This game will attract me when it costs $25 or less. Like most games, it lacks legs at DSP.

TOCA?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've been away from this game since launch. I was in Vegas for 7 days, came home for 4 days then Maui for 10 days then sick for 2 weeks.

I played it for the first time in about 5 weeks last night. Not very enjoyable going it alone, most of my friends are high level or never online (PC). I still like the game and variety of missions, I seem to encounter a lot more bad guys too and from places. I've never been a gear grinder, honestly I don't even understand the system so spending time constantly comparing weapons is not fun.

I'll keep playing but without a co-op group it is not as fun. Teaming with randoms is interesting...
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Realize I'm talking to myself but got to play last night with a friend for a few hours. This game really shines as a coop with friends which is why I wish there was a little more to do as the most interesting parts of the story stuff are solo experiences.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I pretty much play co-op exclusively now, so yeah....it definitely rocks in co-op more than solo. Solo it's just too easy since the guys have so little health, you can tear through everybody with decent gear with very little effort.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:I pretty much play co-op exclusively now, so yeah....it definitely rocks in co-op more than solo. Solo it's just too easy since the guys have so little health, you can tear through everybody with decent gear with very little effort.
You still playing the PC version? We could use another guy to run Dark Zone or Missions to get better gear.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I haven't played PC in a while--I think I'm only level 27 or something over there.

I've played almost exclusively on PS4.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I never played this game before the 1.4 patch, which supposedly introduced many improvements. But I'm digging this game, which I bought for $14 used from Gamefly.

Yes, it can be a grind like Destiny. Yes, the enemies can still be bullet sponges. But I like the cover system, the loot drops, the settings, the feel of the weapons, the entire vibe.

I didn't expect much from The Division due to the lukewarm reception and criticism. But I really dig the post-1.4 version. Tons of fun.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Most people's gripes have been cured with the 1.4 patch. Finding good items is not as hard, especially solo. IMO the game is still best when you play with 2 or 3 friends and I still don't venture into the Dark Zone alone, if at all.

This is my pop in and play game when I have 30-45 minutes. I love it.
Follow Me on: