Tom Clancy's The Division

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by TCrouch »

It does--probably since he got screwed up joining my group, which had already done the doctor mission. It probably would have reset if you disbanded and then rejoined, as his mission list would "reset" for him, rather than the active group leader.

And yeah, Dark Zone on your own is not the best option :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

First game in a long time I'm sitting at work wishing I was home today playing.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Absolutely!

Thinking of which wing I want to upgrade next, how I'm going to shift abilities around. Only giving us 2 is almost criminal. Game is so brilliantly executed on the "just one more mission" front. Gear comes at the right pace, new abilities come at the right pace. The upgrade costs for wing options isn't insane...just brilliant.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Is there any way to really play this game by yourself? I've got zero time to meet up with people and play, but it looks damn cool. Read a few reviews that said it's too touch for a solo play, but not sure if they are just pushing the rhetoric that you need buddies to play.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That's bullsh*t. I've played it solo quite a bit.

If you pop up, take a few shots, go back into cover, etc., it's not that difficult. It gets hard when you try to empty a full clip into a guy, which pulls you up over cover. Then his other 5 friends can shoot you in the face.

I kept reading that line in all of the impressions pieces and questioned their sanity. The fact that all of those bullet sponge boss guys have like half their health that they do when you play with 2 or 3 people makes it a crazy statement to make. I've had zero issues soloing, and once you get better gear you can rip through those purple enemies' health bars, too. I solo'd one of the early unlock missions on hard mode. All the enemies were purple and at my level, and it was doable. Harder, but it was doable and I had loot drops that look like a rainbow unicorn took a sh*t on the battlefield after every fight.

Just ignorance, nothing more.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:That's bullsh*t. I've played it solo quite a bit.

If you pop up, take a few shots, go back into cover, etc., it's not that difficult. It gets hard when you try to empty a full clip into a guy, which pulls you up over cover. Then his other 5 friends can shoot you in the face.

I kept reading that line in all of the impressions pieces and questioned their sanity. The fact that all of those bullet sponge boss guys have like half their health that they do when you play with 2 or 3 people makes it a crazy statement to make. I've had zero issues soloing, and once you get better gear you can rip through those purple enemies' health bars, too. I solo'd one of the early unlock missions on hard mode. All the enemies were purple and at my level, and it was doable. Harder, but it was doable and I had loot drops that look like a rainbow unicorn took a sh*t on the battlefield after every fight.

Good to know. Thanks Terry...I'll have to give it a shot then cuz it looks damn impressive on the PC.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, it looks RIDICULOUS on max settings. They have the "Ultra" setting, and even then the object detail is like 60% or something, you can bump that up to 100. HBAO+ isn't set automatically in ultra, there are some other things that make it look better than imaginable.

Some of the weather effects and lighting stuff is crazy, and the PC has mild destructibility. I've shot up cars and watched hoods pop open and stuff come off the walls. I don't remember seeing that on PS4, not to mention higher frame rates.

If you like that style of game, it'd be silly not to try it. Maybe wait until it comes down in price if you're unsure, but it's an awesome third person cover shooter standing on its own merits. The MMO-lite structure and loot-grab stuff just adds to the formula.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

+1 I've soloed 90% of my missions. Is it more fun coop? Yes I think so but even solo you can easily use matchmaking for a mission if it is too tough.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: Good to know. Thanks Terry...I'll have to give it a shot then cuz it looks damn impressive on the PC.
I got caught in a snow storm last night with the wind blowing visibility was pretty much nil, it was one of the coolest things I've seen.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm on it. :) I am a graphics whore. I guess you have to be when you spend so much on a PC Rig.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep. I've settled into a nice little niche messing with the sharpness, which is a cool feature. Drop it and it has that real world blurriness to it, but when you crank it up, it's so crisp it's like some supersampling effect without the performance drop.

I've been absolutely stunned at a lot of views, whether it's weather, reflections, the snow collection. Fog effects...it's just silly. I have a tiny amount of stutter in some heavy scenes (like from 65 fps to 45 fps, but it's still insanely pretty. I could probably dial back one or two super settings to get it smooth all the time, but what's the fun in that??

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DB post up your Uplay tag if you get a chance.
Follow Me on:

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Made Level 10 tonight. First game like this I've stuck with since WOW. Loving it still.
-BK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Also, if you guys run into the trolls that aren't allowing you to run through a door or something, found out that if you simply run into another player for 3 seconds, you pass right through them.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Who'd like to group up tonight? I'm still only level 5/6 or so, but I definitely want some time with a group. I'll be on most of tonight, but could we group up around 9 EST?

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Zeppo wrote:Who'd like to group up tonight? I'm still only level 5/6 or so, but I definitely want some time with a group. I'll be on most of tonight, but could we group up around 9 EST?
I just hit level 10. I'll be on tonight by 8 or so.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Randomly had a gift card for $20 to Best Buy because I use Android Pay...so yeah, picked up the PC version and it's downloading now. LOL...not sure why it comes w/ discs, as I just was going to download it anyway. What a waste.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I've played 100% solo and am at level 10. I love it. There hasn't been a time that I felt that I couldn't do something myself. I'm not the best at shooters, but I have adapted and gotten better as I've started playing this one. I use to just run in Leroy Jenkins style but now I really need to sit back and take advantage of cover and use my long range weapons to take out bosses. Super fun game and I've barely scratched the surface of the 1p mode.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's not so much that you can't accomplished difficult missions going 'Solo', but for me playing with others is so much more fun accomplishing those same missions.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You f*ckers are tempting me to the edges of consumer hell with this one. My resistance weakens ... :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:It's not so much that you can't accomplished difficult missions going 'Solo', but for me playing with others is so much more fun accomplishing those same missions.
I play 99% of my time on a smaller TV with the sound off next to our larger TV in the living room while my wife and I watch TV. Hard to do co-op w/o sound.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Sudz wrote:
10spro wrote:It's not so much that you can't accomplished difficult missions going 'Solo', but for me playing with others is so much more fun accomplishing those same missions.
I play 99% of my time on a smaller TV with the sound off next to our larger TV in the living room while my wife and I watch TV. Hard to do co-op w/o sound.
And if i speak out of turn she beats me.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

LMFAO!

with her elite controller!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

:lol: :lol:
XXXIV wrote:LMFAO!

with her elite controller!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This game is so much better than I thought it would be. Having a blast with it. Looking forward to some coop and Dark Zone time soon. Level 7 and counting.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25