Tom Clancy's The Division

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by 10spro »

X1 here. I was telling Diablo my only beef so far are the checkpoints. Don't know if it really saved my previous progress but on Madison Field Hospital for example I had to start a couple of times over and over again because of interruptions, dinner, kids, wifey complaining etc. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XB1 here.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Xbox One here.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XB1 here as well. Diablo, did you send me an invite yesterday? If so, I was too much of a freaking newb and too wrapped up in the insanity to accept in a timely fashion. My bad.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Sweet. I am not sure how far everyone is leveled up, but I'd love to get some sessions in. I am at LVL 7 at this point.

I treid some of the matchmaking features with pretty good success so far as well. The more I play this game the more I get in to it, which is funny considering I had to be talked in to getting this game, and didnt' think it was going to be my cup of tea.
-BK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:I really liked the start was different then the beta, now onto the same beta starting missions.

I swear I saw Terry online with the PC :D
Yeah, yeah. :oops:

I got her to give me the OK because she goes to bed way too early for me to stop playing, so I have my "solo" version on PC, too.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

TCrouch wrote:
Danimal wrote:I really liked the start was different then the beta, now onto the same beta starting missions.

I got her to give me the OK because she goes to bed way too early for me to stop playing, so I have my "solo" version on PC, too.
Ha, last time I played a PC game with Terry, I ended up with a severe WOW addiction.
-BK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

:lol: I hear ya! That was so many years ago, and I still play that game off and on.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm on XB1. I'm enjoying coop better than going alone. Played through the MSG medical mission (again) and the tunnel security mission. Got to Level 5.
I'll be playing more tonight.

Is 4 the most you can have in a coop group?
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

TCrouch wrote::lol: I hear ya! That was so many years ago, and I still play that game off and on.
I had to quit as it was taking over my life. HA!
-BK

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote: Yeah, yeah. :oops:

I'm not complaining I need someone to play with. since you have a copy I gave my extra code to another friend for the PC.

Looks like a strong XB1 crew, assuming this is still hot next week when I am back I'm in there as well. This will be my goto game for a while.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Well s***! I forgot about that!

hahahah oh well. Thanks anyway :)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

did they reduce the # of faces in the creation menu?

love the game so far. loved the beta.

did anybody have an issue getting to one of the NPCs? There was an image on reddit that had people standing in line to start a mission.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's a trolling method. Idiots have figured out that with the collision detection in the game (you cannot pass directly through another player), they can block doors and terminals and prevent your character from moving into position to activate something.

I've seen it quite a bit, but luckily I can just log out and back in and it places me in another instance.

Assh*les are remarkable things in an online game. They're there no matter how hard it is to believe that they'd get some sort of satisfaction of out the behavior.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

dang, that is annoying.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

RobVarak wrote:XB1 here as well. Diablo, did you send me an invite yesterday? If so, I was too much of a freaking newb and too wrapped up in the insanity to accept in a timely fashion. My bad.
I did...by mistake :oops: Not that I wouldn't have cooped with you :) I am also a noob and saw you on the map. I was curious so I clicked on you and somehow it showed you as 'In My Group'. I 'un-invited' you once I figured it out :lol:

I definitely like the game. I'm at work thinking about jumping in again tonight. I went to a part of the city last night that was for level like 7-9 and got ganked real quick. I tucked my tail and went back to the kids table after that!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Diablo25 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:XB1 here as well. Diablo, did you send me an invite yesterday? If so, I was too much of a freaking newb and too wrapped up in the insanity to accept in a timely fashion. My bad.
I did...by mistake :oops: Not that I wouldn't have cooped with you :) I am also a noob and saw you on the map. I was curious so I clicked on you and somehow it showed you as 'In My Group'. I 'un-invited' you once I figured it out :lol:

I definitely like the game. I'm at work thinking about jumping in again tonight. I went to a part of the city last night that was for level like 7-9 and got ganked real quick. I tucked my tail and went back to the kids table after that!
Diablo what level are you at? I am still at noob level. I think I'm just short of 7 right now.
-BK

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

bkrich83 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Diablo what level are you at? I am still at noob level. I think I'm just short of 7 right now.
s***, if 7 is a noob I'm less than a noob. I think I'm a 4! Took me like 3 hours to get there too. I was trying to clear everything though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Diablo25 wrote: s***, if 7 is a noob I'm less than a noob. I think I'm a 4! Took me like 3 hours to get there too. I was trying to clear everything though.
i took me 6 hours to get almost to 7 so we're running at the same pace. :)
-BK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've reached 7 four times on two platforms so far...does that make me a perpetual noob?

Sucks having 1 character to play with a buddy. Another to play with the wife. Another for solo. And yet another for a specific team of co-op players.

I've started to figure out some stuff on the leveling process, for sure. Like hard mode or not, the xp reward for the mission is the same. Killing guys on hard mode barely gives any more xp than normal mode. Grab the post office and then the tech mission as your first 2 things you do. Because the tech wing reward is a 10% xp boost from all sources, so that makes the leveling process 10% quicker overall.

It's definitely not a game I've felt like I was racing through, though. I have no desire to level as quickly as I can, because some of the details in the world are just amazing. Especially some of the weather effects on PC.

Also, they did some serious work tuning for player count. Solo, it's a pretty straightforward third person shooter. In a duo, they get a bit more health and hit a bit harder. But as soon as you hit 3 players, the bad guys about double, they have a better mix (where you'll have some people rushing you right out of the gates in most fights, some snipers, etc.), and on hard mode with 3 people, be prepared to rez a lot. Grenades come fast and furious, flushing you out of cover, so you get much better at moving cover to cover and not getting flanked and swarmed.

I'm thoroughly in love with the co-op experience in this game, but I knew that from the beta already.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

bkrich83 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:

Ha, last time I played a PC game with Terry, I ended up with a severe WOW addiction.
YES!

I have leveled countless toons, most of the professions and played thru every expansion.

Terry you suck.

Im on a HAPPY break now and have not even looked up when the next one is coming.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Played with Terry and then my other friend. We were in the train yard mission having a ton of fun and then server crashed.

I'm a little confused, so Matt and I grouped after Terry left. I made him leader but he wasn't able to select any of the base missions, idk if this is because I completed them all, it was just weird.

My friend was a little so / soi on it until about an hour in when we were flanking enemies and using suppression. Fantastic coop game, especially when you can communicate.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Who does server maintenance at 1:00am Eastern? That's freaking Prime Time, people! :twisted:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Dan,

If you've completed the missions, you can't re-run them unless you go to the map and hold the "replay mission" button (G on PC, or X on a control pad, I think). Then you can select it again, but it's ONLY for the main story missions.

The side missions you can't re-do, Matt would have to choose them. There's nothing preventing a player from running a mission multiple times, but they'd have to do it with other friends in the group selecting the mission as the target. It's a little funky, but you get used to it.

Suppression is AWESOME, especially when you slot some of the perks for it (suppressing an enemy boosts your run speed 25% to run up and shotgun him to the face, or increases your damage 20%, etc.). It's really an amazingly deep game the more I play it, and one of the finest team play co-op games I've seen. You can do it as a lone wolf (like I did mostly last night, I'll play with my headset and mic from now on...didn't have it ready and I'd have to quit out of the game and restart to use a different sound output on my PC) and sort of pick targets at random, or when using communication and teamwork to target specific guys and take them down, it's money. I heard you a few times saying which guy you were going after, but it was so quiet--even with player voice volume boosted to 100%--that I was just winging it for the most part. Bullets started flying and I couldn't hear anything.

It's crazy, though. My wife is as hooked on it as I am...but on PS4. I spend most of the early hours with her in co-op, then hop onto the PC when she decides to go to bed. Can't get enough of that game, but I knew this one would be right up my alley after the initial couple hours of the beta.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks Terry, still a little confused.

Matt joined and immediately met up with us. Then you left, I made him lead and he went into the base and opened each wing. Came back outside but he couldn't select the Madison Field Hospital Mission as a waypoint on his map, I asked him and it said it was not completed. Instead we had to go do the train yards, the train yards is a mission that is given to you by the doctor so the game was assuming the Madison mission was done even though he hadn't done it. IDK if that makes sense or not.

Perhaps because I was grouped with him we just needed to go there and play it without selecting it on the map. Regardless that train yard mission is my favorite so far. I was really annoyed when the servers went down for maintenance as we were almost done with it.

I can't wait to go into Dark Zone with 3 or 4 players. Going in alone is just not smart.
Follow Me on: