FIFA 16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

FIFA 16

Post by Murph »

No NASL in FIFA 16, according to this site, despite the 'wish lists' of some people.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ea-sp ... n-fifa-16/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 16

Post by Rodster »

Looking forward to this next year when EA shoves this into The Vault. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Murph wrote:No NASL in FIFA 16, according to this site, despite the 'wish lists' of some people.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ea-sp ... n-fifa-16/
Doesn't matter EA is making tons with the successful Ultimate Team mode.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

First new feature announced:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/women
Introducing Women in FIFA 16

Play as Women's National Teams for the first time in the FIFA franchise. Choose from 12 teams and compete* in Match Day, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.

Available teams: Germany, USA, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, Mexico.

*Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.
Reminds of the time EA decided to throw some Women's Teams in NCAA March Madness.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Murph wrote:First new feature announced:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/women
Introducing Women in FIFA 16

Play as Women's National Teams for the first time in the FIFA franchise. Choose from 12 teams and compete* in Match Day, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.

Available teams: Germany, USA, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, Mexico.

*Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.
Reminds of the time EA decided to throw some Women's Teams in NCAA March Madness.
That's great and all but something i'll never use including the MLS. Kudos though to EA for trying to broaden the Sport for the girls.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Rodster wrote:That's great and all but something i'll never use including the MLS. Kudos though to EA for trying to broaden the Sport for the girls.
The only reason I'll play it is there will undoubtedly be a trophy to unlock. Something like: "Win a Tournament with Women's Team USA to unlock this trophy."

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Having 2 daughters who -play soccer and enjoy this game it went to a must buy for me now. This is something they should of done long before now.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Same here. I was probably going to wait for this to hit EA Access, but I will probably pick it up on principle bow. It doesn't hurt that I'm really looking forward to the Women's World Cup coming up next month.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Aristo wrote:Same here. I was probably going to wait for this to hit EA Access, but I will probably pick it up on principle bow. It doesn't hurt that I'm really looking forward to the Women's World Cup coming up next month.
So are we. We got tickets already for a couple of matches that are being played in Vancouver. USA looks like the team to beat, regarding the game my girls will be thrilled to be playing C. Sinclair.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I was all about going with FIFA 15, but the inclusion of the women's teams has made this almost a sure fire purchase. Mainly, so my daughter can enjoy this game, not that she complained about there not being women included in the game.

I just hope the devs can integrate a more realistic brand of soccer where not all teams play the same balls to the wall futbol. I'd love to see more long passes from the A.I., and a more strategic build up.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:I just hope the devs can integrate a more realistic brand of soccer where not all teams play the same balls to the wall futbol. I'd love to see more long passes from the A.I., and a more strategic build up.
Don't count on it. FIFA always has put an emphasis on fun over realism, which has made it the most popular EA franchise around the world.

Konami returned to its Winning Eleven realism roots with PES 15 and got slaughtered in sales. There's talk PES may disappear after next year.

So it's VERY unlikely EA will crank up the realism for FIFA 16. They have a winning formula now with the FIFA franchise.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Out of all the games I own on PS4, FIFA is the one that gets most of my time. I think it's a fantastic game but I definitely base that on the fun factor.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:Out of all the games I own on PS4, FIFA is the one that gets most of my time. I think it's a fantastic game but I definitely base that on the fun factor.
I agree. I play the hell out of FIFA 15. Not as realistic as PES 2015, which is a fine game, but more fun. There's enough realism to make FIFA 15 believable and enough "gamey-ness" to make it off-the-charts fun. Perfect mix.

The appeal of global licensing also can't be overlooked.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Murph wrote:
Rodster wrote:That's great and all but something i'll never use including the MLS. Kudos though to EA for trying to broaden the Sport for the girls.
The only reason I'll play it is there will undoubtedly be a trophy to unlock. Something like: "Win a Tournament with Women's Team USA to unlock this trophy."
Just get the 6 hours free on EA Access and you're done

I agree w/ everyone else, love fifa on next gen last 2 years. just a fun title. It has the best version of UT. Glad NHL16 is copying it.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Inuyasha wrote:Just get the 6 hours free on EA Access and you're done

I agree w/ everyone else, love fifa on next gen last 2 years. just a fun title. It has the best version of UT. Glad NHL16 is copying it.
I roll with just PS4 for now, so no EA Access, but FIFA is a Day 1 purchase for me anyway.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:Having 2 daughters who -play soccer and enjoy this game it went to a must buy for me now. This is something they should of done long before now.
No doubt about it, my two daughters have been playing soccer for years and my youngest will absolutely love this!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

my daughter has played the crap out of FIFA 15, with the women's teams, she will play more.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

They should drop a demo with some ladies Teams during the womens world cup. :D
Im getting it on PC so i can get the naked skins after the first week. :D

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

As a casual soccer fan, the game is clearly meant for the likes of me. FIFA 15 for me is fun, fast paced, and I don't get the nuances of the sport enough to have things bother me, that bother hard core fans of the sport.

I actually am looking forward to this game. I'd play PES but the lack of licensing bothers me, yes i know I am petty.
-BK

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

New stuff added to Career Mode. The two biggies are preseason tournaments and player training.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015 ... areer-mode

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

bkrich83 wrote:As a casual soccer fan, the game is clearly meant for the likes of me. FIFA 15 for me is fun, fast paced, and I don't get the nuances of the sport enough to have things bother me, that bother hard core fans of the sport.

I actually am looking forward to this game. I'd play PES but the lack of licensing bothers me, yes i know I am petty.
PES 2015 had just as many unrealistic flaws as FIFA 15. And FIFA 15 had the full licenses and far more gameplay modes and updates, so it's better value for money.

EA has improved FIFA more than any of its franchises in the last five years, by a mile.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:
bkrich83 wrote:As a casual soccer fan, the game is clearly meant for the likes of me. FIFA 15 for me is fun, fast paced, and I don't get the nuances of the sport enough to have things bother me, that bother hard core fans of the sport.

PES 2015 had just as many unrealistic flaws as FIFA 15. And FIFA 15 had the full licenses and far more gameplay modes and updates, so it's better value for money.

EA has improved FIFA more than any of its franchises in the last five years, by a mile.
I haven't played enough past FIFA games to really compare, but I think Madden is finally seeing the substantial improvements, too. I wouldn't touch the game five years ago, but after the amount of time I put into 15, Madden 16 is an easy day one buy for me. In fact, it's pretty much why I will wait for FIFA 16 to hit the vault.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of others that will wait on Madden for the same reasons.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:

Nothing is better than FIFA against another human...that's for damn sure. Whenever my bro is in town we pop it in and have a blast. No other game is more fun 1 on 1 IMO.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Nothing is better than FIFA against another human...that's for damn sure. Whenever my bro is in town we pop it in and have a blast. No other game is more fun 1 on 1 IMO.
Right on. Agree 100 percent. Another reason why FIFA's value for sticker price far exceeds PES.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

FIFA 16 Demo: Teams, Player Ratings and Release date

http://www.fifacoinshot.com/news/156--f ... lease-date