Digital Sportspage

Talk about sports gaming
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:55 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 2448
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Opening Day is here :)

Anyone watching the Cubs/Cards?

How much patience will Joe Madden have with Starlin Castro at SS? He is dreadful defensively and has muffed 3 plays in the first 4 innings alone.

I wish school did not start back up tomorrow. Would love to stay home and watch ball all day/night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:55 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 4638
Watching it and what a pos organization the Cubs are. You call yourself a mlb franchise but can't get you ballpark ready for opening day? They claim 35k in attendance without any bleachers. Ya right losers.

http://deadspin.com/are-fans-at-wrigley ... 1695889115


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:00 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Posts: 17207
Location: United States
I waited over half an hour last time I was at that s*** hole and that was before they started this.

The place smells like a f***in sewer. Especially in july/august.

What a f***in dump.

God bless the new owners for trying. They are new to me anyway.

EDIT:

Sorry Pigpen I was answering the previous post.

I have to been to an opening day. It is VERY cool.


Last edited by XXXIV on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:07 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 2448
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Inuyasha wrote:
Watching it and what a pos organization the Cubs are. You call yourself a mlb franchise but can't get you ballpark ready for opening day? They claim 35k in attendance without any bleachers. Ya right losers.

http://deadspin.com/are-fans-at-wrigley ... 1695889115


Holy crap :) Need some politician pics in that corner. (Cuomo/Rahm/Christie would work for me :)

New speed up play rules and it looks like the game will get over 3+ hours and it's 3-0?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:50 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 13368
Jays will be opening their season in NY against the Yankees and although they already lost arguably their best pitcher for the rest of the season in young stud M. Stroman, there's always hope that they will clinch at least a playoffs spot in the always tough Eastern division. Bullpen as usual will be a question mark while their top five hitters in the lineup should command some serious respect from the opponent.

Let's go Blue Jays!

Wow, Kimbrel to the Padres...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 7817
Location: Troy, Mo
I love Heyward. :)

_________________
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
MizzouRah wrote:
I love Heyward. :)


LOL...if he gets his swing squared away, he's awesome. Seen way too many popups to short (and he should have had one last night but it dropped) to be confident in that happening the whole year, but he certainly didn't hurt his cause with the Cardinal faithful last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 7817
Location: Troy, Mo
dbdynsty25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
I love Heyward. :)


LOL...if he gets his swing squared away, he's awesome. Seen way too many popups to short (and he should have had one last night but it dropped) to be confident in that happening the whole year, but he certainly didn't hurt his cause with the Cardinal faithful last night.


I'm wondering about his power.. but he did change some things in his swing, so we shall see.

_________________
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Time to break up the 3-0 Braves...errr...wait...they did that this off season. What the hell is going on?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:18 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8670
Location: St. Louis
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Time to break up the 3-0 Braves...errr...wait...they did that this off season. What the hell is going on?


Good to see Miller pitch well in his Braves debut.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:28 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1390
Location: Connecticut
It's hard to shorten the length of MLB games when you play 19 straight freakin' innings. BOSvsNYY
It's also hard to get sleep.

_________________
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:04 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
All the experts picking the Nats to win the NL...and more...need to take a look at their offense. Its not too intimidating. Their rotation is superb but I'm not too impressed with their offense.

_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:12 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Diablo25 wrote:
All the experts picking the Nats to win the NL...and more...need to take a look at their offense. Its not too intimidating. Their rotation is superb but I'm not too impressed with their offense.


They are an injured mess right now. I wouldn't pick against em.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:17 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
All the experts picking the Nats to win the NL...and more...need to take a look at their offense. Its not too intimidating. Their rotation is superb but I'm not too impressed with their offense.


They are an injured mess right now. I wouldn't pick against em.


They gotta prove it to me.

_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:29 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2088
Location: St. Louis
Opening Day in St. Louis is so flipping awesome. Just got back from downtown after dropping my wife off at work. Her building is at 7th and Market, so we go by the stadium on the way in. At 9am it is already balls to the wall.

It's gonna be a great day downtown.

_________________
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:02 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
Aristo wrote:
Opening Day in St. Louis is so flipping awesome. Just got back from downtown after dropping my wife off at work. Her building is at 7th and Market, so we go by the stadium on the way in. At 9am it is already balls to the wall.

It's gonna be a great day downtown.


awesome baseball town. Maybe like none other


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:54 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 2821
Location: : Bayamon, Puerto Rico
So what's the Mets magic number at? :D

11 in a row!

Can't believe I have the slightest interest in baseball at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
So what's the Mets magic number at?

11 in a row!

Can't believe I have the slightest interest in baseball at the moment.


I know. Took you long enuf to come out the woodwork.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 12990
Nice over the head catch by Juan Lagares in last nights game. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Rodster wrote:
Nice over the head catch by Juan Lagares in last nights game. 8)


Easily the best CF in baseball...defensively at least. Trout is like Jim Edmonds...takes weird angles to make the catches look better. Lagares is like Andruw Jones (my lover). Best routes, best breaks and makes damn near every play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Lagares is like Andruw Jones (my lover). Best routes, best breaks and makes damn near every play.


an AJ comparison. Strong words, to come from you :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:25 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 2821
Location: : Bayamon, Puerto Rico
vinny-b wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
So what's the Mets magic number at?

11 in a row!

Can't believe I have the slightest interest in baseball at the moment.


I know. Took you long enuf to come out the woodwork.


True.

Another month of this an I may even consider getting the MLB package! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:00 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
True.
Another month of this an I may even consider getting the MLB package!


kewl. Am happy for you Met fans. You all have suffered long enuf :)

Alderson should really try to add another bat, tho.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Damn. Wainwright done for the year.

Betcha wish you had the 4-0 Shelby Miller now...instead of .214 hitting Heyward. Wink wink. Seriously just sad when awesome players go down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB Season 2015
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:27 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2088
Location: St. Louis
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Damn. Wainwright done for the year.

Betcha wish you had the 4-0 Shelby Miller now...instead of .214 hitting Heyward. Wink wink. Seriously just sad when awesome players go down.


Definitely wished Hayward was hitting better, but he has been in spurts. I think he will end up solid. Miller was expendable because they are going to plug in Marco Gonzalez. They were deep enough that they could afford the chance on Hayward.

But I always figured Miller would continue to be damn good.

_________________
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group