Perfect Golf (PC)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Perfect Golf (PC)

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:Right---I think it was more related to what a pain in the ass it was, and what they charge per installed license. I'm pretty sure the conversion itself wouldn't be a mammoth hurdle (it's just the Unity engine, so that doesn't make it too complicated), but all of the licensing red tape is crap.
I don't have an idea of how much they had to pay to get a PS4 development license, but if it's a considerable amount, PP has to be all in on the conversion. I don't know how easily Unity 5 translates to the PS4 and XBox One, however, I'm sure it has to take a lot of the headaches out of porting it over. Again, if HBS can do it, I see no reason PP can't do it, but they seem to have even fewer resources than HBS to me.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

More details unfolded today concerning both user created and licensed course distribution for the console versions of JNPG. Andrew Jones, President and COO of Perfect Parallel, made the follow comment in the official forum about this:

"On the subject of user courses I cannot see any way MS would allow external files to be added. So that will leave us with approved DLC as the way to go. Unfortunately to ensure that all courses meet the minimum FPS standards we will probably have to work on a number of the user courses before they could be added to DLC. In addition I cant see real courses being added unless we have a license which is why we have started working so hard on getting these licenses coming in although we are not in a position to pay anything up front for them

So it will be a bit of a wait and see exercise I am sure as to what can and cannot be included."

I then asked if the DLC for user made courses could be offered as "free" DLC, to which he responded:

"To the extent that we dont incur costs and user courses have no licensing issues I see no reason why we would not bundle them as Free DLC for consoles. There will be licensed courses where we have to pay for the license where they will be Paid DLC. IF the paid DLC is popular we will get more licenses and release more real courses. One fo the advantages of where we are today is courses we are negotiating with today will be for all platforms.

We are currently in negotiations with Quail Hollow, Congressional and Royal Troon. It is highly likely these will be paid DLC due to licensing needs. If the volume of downloads is high enough we will continue to push for these deals and the more evidence we have of volume the easier it is for us to reduce the cost of the license per course which of course makes the DLC cheaper. If the volume is not there then we will probably go with a different approach for consoles"

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like a pretty equitable solution to the obstacles that Perfect Parallel would face with the prospect of storing user created content on a PS4 or XBox One owner's hard drive that was transmitted via PSN or XBox Live.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Muirfield Village released as a DLC course....

http://steamcommunity.com/games/perfect ... 6693000392
We are pleased to announce the release of Muirfield Village available from the Pro Shop or from Social.PerfectParallel.com

We have released this as a pre release to get it into your hands this week during the tournament. We still have to complete the Clubhouse and a few other course buildings and details such as tee markers, ball washers etc which will all be in the final release. Anyone who purchases the pre release will automatically receive the updated course with the clubhouse once it is released.
Just played a round and this is a spectacular course! Worth every nickel at $6.95......and frame rates are great even on the highest graphics settings.....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

New screen of upcoming improvements to Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf...as soon as a rendering issue is resolved, there will be an in-game, real time video released of the new Turf Effects 3D grass and new mo-capped Golfers....

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/76 ... ntry127819

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Console version!!! Let's go!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25 wrote:Console version!!! Let's go!
I'm with you on that!

An XBox One version is currently in production with a PS4 version to follow at a later date. I have a feeling I will have a long wait for the PS4 version. :(

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Console version!!! Let's go!
I'm with you on that!

An XBox One version is currently in production with a PS4 version to follow at a later date. I have a feeling I will have a long wait for the PS4 version. :(
I'm starting to think now there will be a long wait for the XBox One and Windows 10 versions, and an even longer wait for the PS4 versions. I'd be willing to bet we'll see the release of The Golf Club 2 months before we see JNPG Windows 10/XBox One.

I'm just picking up signals reading JNPG's official forum that suggest to me that Perfect Parallel are having to educate themselves more thoroughly on Windows 10, DirectX 11, XBox Live, and XBox One SDK before they get into the nuts & bolts of the game. They're planning on adding 3-D grass textures, hi-res mo-capped golfers (male and female), Unity 5.5+, Career mode, DirectX 11 implementation, SpeedTree GPU instancing, and XBox One/Windows 10 PC crossplay. They've got a lot on their plate and limited resources to get it done. I'm anxious to see it though... this game needs to tap into next-gen hardware to keep it fresh.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I've moved on. Getting tired of waiting for it. I have been having a blast with The Golf Club on my golf simulator. TONS of fun.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:I've moved on. Getting tired of waiting for it. I have been having a blast with The Golf Club on my golf simulator. TONS of fun.
You've got a Pro Tee?? You dawg!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I've moved on. Getting tired of waiting for it. I have been having a blast with The Golf Club on my golf simulator. TONS of fun.
Yep. Pipe TGC thru my SkyTrak. Its ridiculous. Played Bethpage and Augusta this weekend. Awesome stuff.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
Yep. Pipe TGC thru my SkyTrak. Its ridiculous. Played Bethpage and Augusta this weekend. Awesome stuff.
I could say I'm envious, but that would be understating it! I'm curious to see how The Golf Club 2 improves the simulator experience; I know they've taken a lot of suggestions from simulator users on how to improve it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I'm starting to think now there will be a long wait for the XBox One and Windows 10 versions, and an even longer wait for the PS4 versions. I'd be willing to bet we'll see the release of The Golf Club 2 months before we see JNPG Windows 10/XBox One.

I'm just picking up signals reading JNPG's official forum that suggest to me that Perfect Parallel are having to educate themselves more thoroughly on Windows 10, DirectX 11, XBox Live, and XBox One SDK before they get into the nuts & bolts of the game. They're planning on adding 3-D grass textures, hi-res mo-capped golfers (male and female), Unity 5.5+, Career mode, DirectX 11 implementation, SpeedTree GPU instancing, and XBox One/Windows 10 PC crossplay. They've got a lot on their plate and limited resources to get it done. I'm anxious to see it though... this game needs to tap into next-gen hardware to keep it fresh.
TGC2 will be here before the next JNPG versions no doubt. With OGT going away from the PC support, the game does no have many legs left. Don't think PGLS can pick up the slack either.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I could say I'm envious, but that would be understating it! I'm curious to see how The Golf Club 2 improves the simulator experience; I know they've taken a lot of suggestions from simulator users on how to improve it.
#16 at Augusta :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ0V_9R ... e=youtu.be
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Looks like a good setup! I've never tried a simulator, but I've seen enough now to at least make me want to seek one out and have a go at it. The only thing I find that seems a bit lacking is the rather lengthy delay between the impact and the ball taking flight/rolling. Does that detract from the experience in your mind, or do your senses just adjust to it?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote: TGC2 will be here before the next JNPG versions no doubt. With OGT going away from the PC support, the game does no have many legs left. Don't think PGLS can pick up the slack either.
The loss of OGT is huge... I'm playing PGLS' tour, but it's just not quite the same. Forcing me to hit those <2 foot putts with my controller swing is killing my scoring. I've now missed 5 putts of less than 8" in the current tournament through 3 rounds, and I've lost track of the number off sub 2 foot putts I've missed. I'm either way too strong or leave them short. I actually had an 8" putt break outside the hole at Pebble Beach because I hit the putt too weak :oops:

I'm sure now that TGC 2 will beat JNPG W/10/XBox One to the market, by at least three months.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Looks like a good setup! I've never tried a simulator, but I've seen enough now to at least make me want to seek one out and have a go at it. The only thing I find that seems a bit lacking is the rather lengthy delay between the impact and the ball taking flight/rolling. Does that detract from the experience in your mind, or do your senses just adjust to it?
It doesn't bother me one bit. After finishing my swing I look at the screen (outputting to HDTV) and it works out fine. If I were projecting to a screen it would obviously be better to have no delay but its not an issue in my setup.

I'm actually in Q School to join an online tour. Must play 2 rounds at Bethpage and 3 at Augusta to get a handicap...then its off to the tour.
http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/pro ... r-schedule

http://golfsimulatortours.com/player-pr ... d%20States
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote: It doesn't bother me one bit. After finishing my swing I look at the screen (outputting to HDTV) and it works out fine. If I were projecting to a screen it would obviously be better to have no delay but its not an issue in my setup.
Okay, I thought maybe you had a hanging projection screen into which you were hitting the shot, AND an HDTV monitor off to the side. If I had to look away to the side after hitting the shot, it would make the delay less apparent. It would also help me keep my head down through the shot!
I'm actually in Q School to join an online tour. Must play 2 rounds at Bethpage and 3 at Augusta to get a handicap...then its off to the tour.

I had no idea there was anything of that caliber for the ProTee version of TGC!? That is a very impressive tour, and the list of courses for play through April is even more impressive. My level of envy just got bumped up another notch.

One other question, how high is your ceiling in the room in which you have your simulator? I ask because I've got a 9 foot ceiling in the rec room in which I would have a ProTee, if I were to ever buy one.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can you post some picture of your setup and the simulator you bought. I'm considering getting one this year so I'm curious.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: It doesn't bother me one bit. After finishing my swing I look at the screen (outputting to HDTV) and it works out fine. If I were projecting to a screen it would obviously be better to have no delay but its not an issue in my setup.
Okay, I thought maybe you had a hanging projection screen into which you were hitting the shot, AND an HDTV monitor off to the side. If I had to look away to the side after hitting the shot, it would make the delay less apparent. It would also help me keep my head down through the shot!

I had no idea there was anything of that caliber for the ProTee version of TGC!? That is a very impressive tour, and the list of courses for play through April is even more impressive. My level of envy just got bumped up another notch.

One other question, how high is your ceiling in the room in which you have your simulator? I ask because I've got a 9 foot ceiling in the rec room in which I would have a ProTee, if I were to ever buy one.
I'm just shy of 10 foot high ceilings in my garage so I don't come close to the ceiling.
Danimal, I put a few up in a bit. Gotta upload them first.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Here you go. I did it on a budget. Got the net from somewhere online (can't remember). I got the side (shank :)) nets from Amazon. My golf mat isn't in these pics. I took the pics before it arrived. Like I said, I output to an HDTV. It would be nice to have a screen and projector...maybe next year. My launch monitor is a Skytrak. I sold a few things on EBAY and used up a bunch of Amazon rewards points to take the sting out of the purchase. TGC needs a decent PC with a solid graphics card. My laptop fit the bill. The SkyTrak app is going thru my ipad in the pic below. I rigged up a simple pulley system for the net so I can get it up and out of the way to pull the car in the garage.

Last edited by Diablo25 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Here you go. I did it on a budget. Got the net from somewhere online (can't remember). I got the side (shank :)) nets from Amazon. My golf mat isn't in these pics. I took the pics before it arrived. Like I said, I output to an HDTV. It would be nice to have a screen and projector...maybe next year. My launch monitor is a Skytrak. I sold a few things on EBAY and used up a bunch of Amazon rewards points to take the sting out of the purchase. TGC needs a decent PC with a solid graphics card. My laptop fit the bill. The SkyTrak app is going thru my ipad in the pic below. I rigged up a simple pulley system for the net so I can get it up and out of the way to pull the car in the garage. Sorry for the huge pics. Don't know how to make them bigger.
Your images aren't displaying on either my laptop or desktop. Is there a special trick to viewing them?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Can't see it either Diablo.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah no images. sad panda face :(
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'll try again later. Must be an issue with Google Photos.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you links have an https in them the S might be the problem, this is pretty ancient forum software.
Follow Me on: