Perfect Golf (PC)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Perfect Golf (PC)

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, the overswing sort of feels like intentionally throwing a hitch in yer giddyup. I mean, I kind of understand it, with the whole "hold it a bit more" idea, but that's so opposite of what I try to do in reality. But my reality sucks, so maybe there's that...

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I just played nine with default Tour PRO controller RTS settings. +6, mostly because I kept finding green-side bunkers and I'm terrible at hitting chips and sand shots the right length.

This feels like the way to go in this game.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Naples39 wrote:I just played nine with default Tour PRO controller RTS settings. +6, mostly because I kept finding green-side bunkers and I'm terrible at hitting chips and sand shots the right length.

Now you are seeing what JC and I are seeing....get ready to spray it all over the ol' ballyard.....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I think I'll buy this tonight. I was reading something about an open API so people could host their own tournaments, anyone know what that is about?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

My buddy started a little private league for this, so I know you can host your own tournaments and stuff.

I don't have details on it, though...I'll see if it can find out if it's anything tricky he's doing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks just thinking would be nice to kickstart the DSP tour. Right now someone out there has the trophy, don't recall who.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Thanks just thinking would be nice to kickstart the DSP tour. Right now someone out there has the trophy, don't recall who.
It is still being proudly displayed on my mantle :) I'd love to have another go at a DSP Tour again using JNPG, and put this trophy up for grabs again... it's an epic piece of hardware and worthy of its place in sports history 8)

As for the API for JNPG, I don't know how freely distributable that will be. I know Online Golf Tour has an amazingly deep stat and score tracking base that they derive from the JNPG API, and it's real time. I'm an 18 month beta tester for PG, so I might be able to get a track on an API for a DSP Country Club/Tour. I'll see what I can come up with if there's enough interest.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Naples39 wrote:I just played nine with default Tour PRO controller RTS settings. +6, mostly because I kept finding green-side bunkers and I'm terrible at hitting chips and sand shots the right length.

I'm doing that in default Pro settings! :oops: I feel good when I break par in Amateur difficulty with RTSC, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Danimal wrote:Thanks just thinking would be nice to kickstart the DSP tour. Right now someone out there has the trophy, don't recall who.
It is still being proudly displayed on my mantle :) I'd love to have another go at a DSP Tour again using JNPG, and put this trophy up for grabs again... it's an epic piece of hardware and worthy of its place in sports history 8)

As for the API for JNPG, I don't know how freely distributable that will be. I know Online Golf Tour has an amazingly deep stat and score tracking base that they derive from the JNPG API, and it's real time. I'm an 18 month beta tester for PG, so I might be able to get a track on an API for a DSP Country Club/Tour. I'll see what I can come up with if there's enough interest.
I thought you had it but wasn't sure. I don't have the skills to use the API to make some kind of custom site. I just was asking since they said it is open, are there any places using it and allowing custom tournament set up?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I thought you had it but wasn't sure. I don't have the skills to use the API to make some kind of custom site. I just was asking since they said it is open, are there any places using it and allowing custom tournament set up?
Check this site out Dan, it's one of the best I've seen... it's got real time, hole-by-hole scoring on their leaderboards! http://www.onlinegolftour.net/index.html

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:

I want a rematch..... :wink:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:I want a rematch..... :wink:
Bring it on baby... I may be 5-53 in online matchplay right now in JNPG, but I've won two of my last four :mrgreen: Seriously, you'd beat me like a rented mule if we played a match in Tour Pro right now... I rarely break 80 in Tour difficulty, but what's ironic is I'm enjoying the heck out of the game! 8O

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

J_Cauthen wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:I want a rematch..... :wink:
Bring it on baby... I may be 5-53 in online matchplay right now in JNPG, but I've won two of my last four :mrgreen: Seriously, you'd beat me like a rented mule if we played a match in Tour Pro right now... I rarely break 80 in Tour difficulty, but what's ironic is I'm enjoying the heck out of the game! 8O
I still have my Rory autographed tw13 case displayed. I still miss those club days. Too bad I don't have a PC to run this game though, it sounds great. Maybe its time for the kids to get a new laptop. I'll have to check out the minimum specs or just wait for the console version. Any idea when the consoles will get some love?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

They're looking at console versions, but all of that is up in the air currently, as far as I know.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:They're looking at console versions, but all of that is up in the air currently, as far as I know.
On Tuesday Forbes ran a story on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf, whose headline read "Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf' Now Available For Steam And Coming Soon For Console And Mobile"... so whatever "soon" means.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaziqu ... 42b9a28301

Perfect Parallel have made very little mention of where they're at with the console versions, other than to say that NVIDIA was off and running with the SHIELD version back in the Fall of last year. They've also added that the XBox One version would be an easy conversion because of its Windows 10 reliance.
I know at one point last Fall they did give a Q2 - 2016 time frame for the console version releases, but it's safe to say that's not a reality now.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Right...I know what they've said publicly, but there's some stuff going on behind the scenes, too.

This game is going to be massive when they start incorporating a lot of what they're planning into it. Until all of that happens, the console versions will just keep getting pushed back or unconfirmed.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:Right...I know what they've said publicly, but there's some stuff going on behind the scenes, too.

This game is going to be massive when they start incorporating a lot of what they're planning into it. Until all of that happens, the console versions will just keep getting pushed back or unconfirmed.
Thanks for sharing that, as long as what's going on behind the scenes is going to build their capital base, I'd say the franchise is in good shape and the prospects for console releases are safe. Right now I just wish they'd fix it where I don't have to hit the "F8" key twice after every chat text entry I make while in a multiplayer game. If you're using a controller, and enter chat text, the aim is frozen, you can't change clubs, can't hit start to get to settings. The only cure is to hit the F8 key twice and everything gets reset. They're working on it, but it's a pain in the butt in the meanwhile.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

More on the console news front... Andrew Jones just posted this in the official forum when someone started a thread asking about when the console versions would be released:

Once course forge is out the door in a couple of weeks (I hope) we are going to focus on the following items:

1) Full Mocap animations with multiple characters and more animations that make the game more involving
2) A complete UI redesign with Consoles in mind
3) XBOX One Port
4) Career Mode

We are hopefully going to be doing these in tandem rather than one after the other.

One of the interesting things about the new XBOX SDK is the ability to integrate windows 10 and XBOX into the same Microsoft Live online world

This *sounds* like it might be coming sooner than later, at least for the XBox One.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep, all of that is true. Vague, but true :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Alright PS4 owners, you're going to be getting some JNPG love after all... check this post out from Andrew Jones in the official forum:

PlayStation® Partner Registration Completion
Thank You!

Your application to join the PlayStation Partners program for your entity has been submitted.

Below are the next steps in the registration process:

1. Wait until you receive an e-mail confirming that your application has been accepted
2. Using the instructions in the email, login and accept the PlayStation Global Developer & Publisher Agreement
3. Submit your bank account information

In due course, you will receive access to SIE development and publishing websites, SDKs and information via email to guide you through the development and publishing of your game on PlayStation.
Please note there may be delays during periods when there is a high volume of applications to process. SIE will contact you via email once your application has been processed.

Here's the link to the post http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/58 ... r/?p=95072

This is exciting news and it will be another $34.99 that I'll gladly part with to have this version also, to compliment my PC and XBox One versions :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for this great news John. Hope it becomes to fruition and see you soon on the greens.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That was an absolute PITA to do, too. For a while, it was questioned whether or not it was even worth it, or just to make it XBox Exclusive.

I'm glad they were able to pull it off, though, it's absolutely worth playing no matter which console you have.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Thanks for this great news John. Hope it becomes to fruition and see you soon on the greens.
It sounds like great news for sure, but I think they're taking on a pretty tough task to do this in-house. The fact that they've just applied for the Playstation Partners program means they've got a lot of growing pangs to do through to get there, with resources that are already spread pretty thin. Maybe the XBox One port is going to be such a lay-up, given what they've already said about it that they feel they'll have ample time to tackle this themselves.

HB Studios did the porting of The Golf Club to the PS4 in-house, so I'd imagine PP is capable of doing it, but I don't know how much time HB Studios had invested in their port?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:That was an absolute PITA to do, too. For a while, it was questioned whether or not it was even worth it, or just to make it XBox Exclusive.

I'm glad they were able to pull it off, though, it's absolutely worth playing no matter which console you have.
I was thinking about the possibility of it being and XBox One exclusive, but I remember reading that the version of TGC accounts for 42% of the total sales, with the XB1 at 32%, and the PC at 26%. I don't know that it would break down quite that heavily in the PS4's favor on the JNPG front, given PP's stronger roots in the Microsoft/PC world, and a customer base that's more inclined in that direction, but there's still probably 40 to 50 thousand sales of JNPG out there to be had on PS4 version market.

Still, just getting the development kit is a baby step in the direction of JNPG PS4 becoming a reality, but at least it's a step!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Right---I think it was more related to what a pain in the ass it was, and what they charge per installed license. I'm pretty sure the conversion itself wouldn't be a mammoth hurdle (it's just the Unity engine, so that doesn't make it too complicated), but all of the licensing red tape is crap.