Black Friday 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Black Friday 2015

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Seriously, you should ALWAYS re-do your computer when adding new hardware. In theory, it'll work fine, however it might not perform perfectly and bugs/issues that arise may just be software and registry issues. Clearly you build your own machines so this shouldn't be that big of a deal. It most likely will work, but it doesn't make sense to NOT format and start fresh, especially with something as important as the video card.
There is really no need to redo a computer OS just because your upgrading the video card. That would be a PITA :)

Like Rodster said... since drivers are unified now, I should just be able to shut down the computer, install the video card, boot up and it find the new card. Typically I do an "uninstall" of the old drivers so I was wondering if I really needed to do that.

I think I'll uninstall all the NVIDIA GeForce Experience stuff, then uninstall in device manager.. power off, install the card and after boot up, I'll go out and reinstall the NVIDIA GFE software. Sounds like the best option to me.
The only time an OS reinstall needs to be considered is if you change out the motherboard because of the system board components and drivers. A video card is running off the same PCIe Bus and the drivers are universal nowadays. I recently swapped different GTX Nvidia cards between two gaming rigs and neither has missed a beat. You should be good.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sorry to derail the thread fellas... :)

Thanks everyone for the input and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

If you have a MY BEST BUY account - BF starts TOMORROW! You have to logon first and start buying! Yes!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

MICROSOFT STORE SELLING NEW HALO/FORZA XBO Controllers for $40!!!! FREE SHIP. These retail for $70.

I got one already and it's faboulous. Going to order another one.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8308283-microso ... e-free-s-h

UPDATE - If these are sold out at MS Store, they're only $44.99 at Best Buy. Still a great deal!
Last edited by Inuyasha on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Best Buy deals ARE ONLINE NOW! I'll be done shopping by midnight :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

OH yeah! got done w/ my BF shopping before midnight.

Kudos for BB and MS for starting their sale early, even for us West Coasters!

My estimated budget was $200 bucks but I got it all I was looking for for a total of $130! 3 XB games, 2 PS4 games, 1 Wii U game, and 1 super XBO Controller.

I was very tempted at picking up Witcher 3 for $20 since you guys all say it's awesome. But I"m just not into RPGs so I passed. But like I said VERY TEMPTING!

I got only 2 games on my list I m watching but I doubt I'll see any major discounts since they just came out : Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront. Worst comes to worst I can just get them UGC for $47.99.

No Hassles, no glitches, no issues and was way under budget. Now I can just concentrate on turkey and football tomorrow. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Reports are Target is giving a $10 GC if you buy Halo 5 / Star Wars. Hmmm.......I'll wait. BB UGC still cheaper.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Got NBA2K16 at Best Buy for $29.99. Other stores have sales but had some BB gift cards. Also got a 4 TB drive for $99 and Fargo for $3.99.

When I put the Fargo in the cart, it popped up a window with other Blu-Rays which are similar. Fargo season 1 of the TV show was displayed twice, at 9.99 and at 29.99. I didn't bite but went back and don't see the 9.99 price any more. Oh well.

Got an iPad Air 2 with LTE for $546 at Staples.com (normal price $729). They also have 25% off on the Wifi models.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wco81 wrote:Got NBA2K16 at Best Buy for $29.99. Other stores have sales but had some BB gift cards. Also got a 4 TB drive for $99 and Fargo for $3.99.

When I put the Fargo in the cart, it popped up a window with other Blu-Rays which are similar. Fargo season 1 of the TV show was displayed twice, at 9.99 and at 29.99. I didn't bite but went back and don't see the 9.99 price any more. Oh well.

Got an iPad Air 2 with LTE for $546 at Staples.com (normal price $729). They also have 25% off on the Wifi models.

damn you actually went into the store.

BB told me all my games shipped today EXCEPT for NBA 2K16. I knew this one will be a problem. I got it on BF last year too and it took like 2-3 weeks to ship for some reason.

Does the 4TB hd you buy have to be plugged into the wall?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

No ordered online.

Yes it's a desktop drive, not a port powered portable drive.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Nice deals at BB especially with GCU. I am not buying many games though due to my backlog. I did go for AC Syndicate early special for $27.99 at BB, which also netted me $25 in Sears bucks. Could not resist that deal, even if it does sit on the shelf for a while. Also at BB I got Guitar Hero Live for $56 as a gift for my younger son. And Band of Brothers Blu-ray for $10.

Will be looking for a Tablet as a gift for my other son. And possibly a new router for home.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Smokin' deals on used games at Gamefly through the weekend: https://www.gamefly.com/#!/store/prepla ... id=cmju029
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

PSN is having a pretty sweet Flash sale until the 30th. You can also combine that with a one time 10% discount count (found on the psn blog site).

There were a bunch of AAA titles - i.e. Metal Gear $45?, Witcher for $25...

I ended up going the cheap route and grabbed Wolfenstein: New Order for $9 (Old Blood is $6), and The Order: 1886 for $10. And then 10% of those...I'd say $17 with no tax for two fun adventure games is a job well done!

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

The only PlayStation Plus deal I could find is the Walmart 3-month $17.99 cards that will scan for $10. So, buying 4 cards gets you a year at $40. It's not much of a savings, but that's all there is, so far.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

PES is on Sale amazon.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Not much excitement here for BF, but I did pick up a Lunar White XBone controller for $54, which is $15 off up here. I like the rubber grip, and it feels more refined overall over my stock controller that came with my console a year and a bit ago.

Or maybe it's just because it's getting more wore out. No deals on Elite controllers though.

Some deals on games, but they seem to be the same as what I can get on the Store, so i might as well just download them........

Ho hum for me, unless Cyber Monday has anything spectacular.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I bought a new XB1 controller for $20. On sale for $40 at BB, plus I had $20 in rewards certificates and GCU discount. Bought no games. I have so many titles still to finish, an overflow exacerbated by backward compatibility.

I will plow through that list and enjoy the fun before spending another penny on new games unless a great deal smacks me in the face. Problem is, there's no title I want more than the games already waiting to be played in my collection.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:I bought a new XB1 controller for $20. On sale for $40 at BB, plus I had $20 in rewards certificates and GCU discount. Bought no games.
No games for me either. I snagged a Nexus 6 phone from Amazon for $199.99 and last week I bought a PDP Afterglow XONE wired controller. I'm done with MS wireless shitty controllers.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Only black Friday games I ended up getting was WWE2K16 for 29.99 online at bestbuy and another plastic guitar with the Guitar Hero bundle of game and guitar at Walmart for 69.00, also ended up buying NBA2K16 with the Xbox digital sale so now I'm pretty much set for the winter for gaming. :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I wrote too soon. Bought F1 2015 new for $19.99 today online at Microsoft Store Black Friday sale. Strong deal for a game that retailed last week at $60 and is "on sale" for $40 in the Games with Gold sale on XBL. :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Would you consider F1 hard for a average racing gamer? I tried the one on XB360 that was free a few months ago and I couldn't keep the car on the track. Is the XB1 just as hard or a bit more forgiving?

I was also looking at buying the Lunar white XB Controller and the Forza XB Controller. The Forza one with the rubber grip is so cool, but I don't really think much of the color/face of the controller. It's very plain compared to the laser detailed halo controllers.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote:Would you consider F1 hard for a average racing gamer? I tried the one on XB360 that was free a few months ago and I couldn't keep the car on the track. Is the XB1 just as hard or a bit more forgiving?

I was also looking at buying the Lunar white XB Controller and the Forza XB Controller. The Forza one with the rubber grip is so cool, but I don't really think much of the color/face of the controller. It's very plain compared to the laser detailed halo controllers.
With all of the game's ASSISTS enabled, you can turn F1 2015 into an arcade racer. It will even slow down the car for you if you let it.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I did my black friday shopping online yesterday. Ordered up two iPad 2's from Walmart for $199 each, the new Vizio sound stand for $168, FIFA 16 for $33, and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for $25!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:I did my black friday shopping online yesterday. Ordered up two iPad 2's from Walmart for $199 each, the new Vizio sound stand for $168, FIFA 16 for $33, and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for $25!
I wouldn't be too excited for Rory :) The rest is a solid take!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I have the XBOX Elite wireless controller on its way from MS. So with that, and I'm probably getting ahead of myself, I'm making the XBOX One my lead platform so...

I picked up NBA 2K from BB for 29.99 and sold my PS4 version on eBay for 35. People are suckers.
GT = Wilk5280