Black Friday 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Black Friday 2015

Post by fletcher21 »

DivotMaker wrote:I think we get how you feel about RM.....pretty obvious you are more interested in an arcade Golf game.
Why are you so bothered that Paul doesn't care for the game?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Sterile is the proper description. I remember everything was broken and people compared it to nhl15 - 2 years to make an incomplete game.

Pk is not a arcade golfer from what I remember.

Divot - most gamers like golf but are casual gamers. I think most casual golf gamers feel the way pk feels. You're a Golf gaming expert. You live it. You're like the proctologist of golf games. You get your hands deep in the crevices of golf games. So your perspective might be too intense / skewed towards the video game rendition of the sport.

But the general consensus was it was a poor incomplete title when it was released. At least for me it left a bad taste in my mouth. And thats never left.

A comparison : we went to a newly opened Korean restaurant last week in the neighborhood. I love Korean food and the closest one use to be 20 miles away. So I was very excited. But when we tried it the food was terrible! I mean THE WORST I've ever had. It was so bad that it killed any desire I had for Korean food anywhere. Even the good restaurants. That one terrible dining experience just killed it for me forever. Maybe it'll take me some time to like Korean food again. Probably once I forget about this place I dined.

That's how I feel about Rory.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:I think we get how you feel about RM.....pretty obvious you are more interested in an arcade Golf game.
You should have seen his reaction to me saying the same things a few months back. I was skewered.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Inuyasha wrote:Sterile is the proper description. I remember everything was broken and people compared it to nhl15 - 2 years to make an incomplete game.

Pk is not a arcade golfer from what I remember.

Divot - most gamers like golf but are casual gamers. I think most casual golf gamers feel the way pk feels. You're a Golf gaming expert. You live it. You're like the proctologist of golf games. You get your hands deep in the crevices of golf games. So your perspective might be too intense / skewed towards the video game rendition of the sport.

But the general consensus was it was a poor incomplete title when it was released. At least for me it left a bad taste in my mouth. And thats never left.

A comparison : we went to a newly opened Korean restaurant last week in the neighborhood. I love Korean food and the closest one use to be 20 miles away. So I was very excited. But when we tried it the food was terrible! I mean THE WORST I've ever had. It was so bad that it killed any desire I had for Korean food anywhere. Even the good restaurants. That one terrible dining experience just killed it for me forever. Maybe it'll take me some time to like Korean food again. Probably once I forget about this place I dined.

That's how I feel about Rory.
That's fair and objective. Thanks for taking time to post what you don't like about it and hell, I agree with you. It was not good at launch and should have been delayed. It is alot better now and at least EA is doing the right things now to improve it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm interested in a fun game that doesn't rip off its customers at release because it was largely a beta product. To EA's credit, it is trying to fix the damage with patches and free content.

I'm also interested in a game, that while carrying flaws, at least feels somewhat realistic on the green and in the short game.

So if that's arcade golf, I'm all over it. Rory is pretty, though. But this arcade golfer wants more than good graphics.
Last edited by pk500 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My beefs with Rory are with the swing mechanic, putting and presentation/cut scenes. I don't like the lack of control of tempo in the swing. I don't mean difficulty either...I just want more control over swing pace. Playing with the Tri Click mechanic is more satisfying. Putting was made too easy. There isn't as much of a challenge as there should be IMO. I hate that you can't turn off the cut scenes after every swing. If the 'snap to landing' camera that TGC has was an option it would be much more enjoyable. That camera added a ton the enjoyment of TGC. The swing and ball striking audio could be better also. The courses are very nice and the swing animations are also great. In the end, there isn't anything that keeps me coming back...but I will as the updates continue to roll out to see if my beefs are addressed.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

LOL at this thread because I mentioned I picked up EA's Golf game for $25! I doubt it's going to be the worst $25 I spent this year and if it is, I'll survive!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

tjung0831 wrote:LOL at this thread because I mentioned I picked up EA's Golf game for $25! I doubt it's going to be the worst $25 I spent this year and if it is, I'll survive!
Not sure why you're surprised there was a 30+ page thread for this game that most didn't like. I said at launch I thought the game was worth $20 so that is not a bad price. At this point with so many really good games I don't see myself playing it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

tjung0831 wrote:LOL at this thread because I mentioned I picked up EA's Golf game for $25! I doubt it's going to be the worst $25 I spent this year and if it is, I'll survive!
Here's the thing, if you're strictly a PS4 gamer, I don't see how you can beat this deal flaws and all. Granted, I never enjoyed the twitchy putting mechanism along the childish animations for sinking a birdie. But I kept playing career mode to keep building my character until the recent rash of games took over my time since early October.

Haven't touched it since but will pick it up again soon to play the new courses. I also have the PS4 version.

Now for Xbox owners, if you don't have EA access (which I doubt it's the case here), spending five more dollars and waiting for the eventual vault release is the right thing to do.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Picked up Forza 6 for $25 at Microsoft Store. Their BF sale ends today.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:Picked up Forza 6 for $25 at Microsoft Store. Their BF sale ends today.
GREAT deal. You'll love it. After initially being lukewarm about Forza 6 for some inexplicable reason, I've played it a TON in the last three weeks or so. Love it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I've been debating getting F6 digitally before the clock runs out, even though it's only 17% off.

The hot laps we were doing made me go back to F5, even if i missed out on a few of them.

I just need more hours in the day to juggle xbox, kid, trying to keep the house semi-normal, and oh yah, the whole marriage thing. :P
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

My F6 arrived today and sitting on the porch. Lot of package thefts in my area so I'm crossing my fingers its there when I get home. Hope to try it tonight.

Pk- just a heads up but get ready for 100s of questions.

Grangel - just get it. Pk can help us play. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Pk- just a heads up but get ready for 100s of questions.
Right on. Fire away.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

fletcher21 wrote:
I'm not, but he has gone out of his way to trash the game with some comments I disagree with. Is that not allowed here?

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:My beefs with Rory are with the swing mechanic, putting and presentation/cut scenes. I don't like the lack of control of tempo in the swing. I don't mean difficulty either...I just want more control over swing pace. Playing with the Tri Click mechanic is more satisfying. Putting was made too easy. There isn't as much of a challenge as there should be IMO. I hate that you can't turn off the cut scenes after every swing. If the 'snap to landing' camera that TGC has was an option it would be much more enjoyable. That camera added a ton the enjoyment of TGC. The swing and ball striking audio could be better also. The courses are very nice and the swing animations are also great. In the end, there isn't anything that keeps me coming back...but I will as the updates continue to roll out to see if my beefs are addressed.
You can control tempo in all aspects of the swing, but it has a big learning curve that took me almost a full career mode season to come to grips with, but it IS doable in full shots and putting. That being said, it could be better. The new Match Play, 4-ball, and Skins modes in Play Now are very well done and are the proving ground to bring those modes and a badly needed true TBMP mode to online play. And yeah, online H2H is poor and Online Tournaments are bare bones.

The cut scenes have been minimized with the removal of those HIDEOUS celebrations. The person that approved that being in the game should be fired.

There is tremendous challenge in the game now on Tour Custom advanced swing after the latest update. I do agree that better putting cameras and improvements to the Pro camera to better see the ball in flight and the addition of a snap to lie camera would be great improvements. A better putting cam would enable more users to putt with no grids. I can read them pretty well without the grids, but some addional cameras behind the hole would help less experienced users.

Hope that helps you with the latest updates.....hope they deliver enough to bring some of you back to playing the game.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

You should get it Gangdolf :lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Been playing Forza 6 for the last 2 hours - absolutely awesomeness in a box. I never got into forza 5 but forza 6 is perfect for what we're looking for. I can play it as sim or arcade or a safe mix. Only nitpick I have is it seemed they toned the colors down for F6 compared to FH2. FH2 the colors pop out and are nice and vibrant. F6 it's toned down and more of a shimmer effect. My new dilemma will be to decide which I like more : FH2 or F6!

The cars look fab. The sense of speed is one of the best I've experienced in a racing title. Now I can see why Project Cars is considered the step child to Forza 6 - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to get a Forza Rewards and Loyalty value of 200K going in :)

I'll probably post any questions I have in the F6 THREAD. Thanks again for our racing guru, the one and only Paul Tiberius Kelly (pk500) for turning me onto F6! I don't have any interest in the other games that I bought over black Friday. Just want to go back to F6 F6 F6!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Jimmydeicide wrote:You should get it Gangdolf :lol:

I downloaded it overnight, you blimey Brit! Now it's time to remind myself how much i suck at driving compared to you nerds.......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Gangrel wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:You should get it Gangdolf :lol:

I downloaded it overnight, you blimey Brit! Now it's time to remind myself how much i suck at driving compared to you nerds.......
Jimmy is a Brit?!?!?! No EFFING way. Tell me no effing way!

I go on a forum, see a guy posting, look him up, and find out he's british. It happens freaking every time!

They write like us, they change their words to ours (colour to color), they mimic the same mannerisms as us, then boom, you find out they're Brits!

Are there no more American posters left in American forums anymore? Did we just give that over to the Brits in the last 4-5 years? Un-effing-bullevable! And don't give me that 'well they have the Royal Academy of Forum Posters over there' bullsh1t! American forums posters are JUST AS GOOD OR EVEN BETTER than the Brits they keep importing here and taking our posting jobs!

Man oh man, I never thought it would happen here at DSP. First it was that Showtime Homeland forum on Rotten Tomatos, then it was the Inspector Gordan/Batman forums over at IMDB, and how can we not forget the Nashville, yes YOU WOULD THINK ALL AMERICAN NASHVILLE forums over at abc.com where to TOP IF OFF they not just have a Brit but also an Aussie!

Damn people, this is 'MERIKA! WE NEED TO GET ARE FORUM POSTERS BACK!

My Xmas wish : i go on a british forum, follow a guys' post, and find out he's American. That would make my life.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Is it a full moon out there?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

10spro wrote:Is it a full moon out there?
Not in England the sun is up.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
10spro wrote:Is it a full moon out there?
Not in England the sun is up.
:lol: :lol:

England is the land of the midnight sun....

I cant tell who you all are talking about as I have two blocked...50/50 fun.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I told you to unblock 10s and Grangril they are Dragons and we need to communicate out on the ice.