Rise of the Tomb Raider

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post by Inuyasha »

ya if you only do story the first game is quick.

but sounds like this one is the same formula but better. but too many other things to play right now . Hope to get it when I see it on sale next year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:Yeah.. I do the hidden tombs, relics, etc.. I usually don't like some part of X game.. but with this one, everything feels like it was made for me. :)

I'm not into the 100 hours of crafting and all that and this game blends that in nicely. I can also veer off the path a bit and do some searching. The action driven store part of the game is really something to behold. Kudos to the developers, this game just grabs me each time I play it.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I jumped in for a bit last night and ended up playing for like 2 hours...love it. I'm only 29% done too. Fun Fun game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I finished the game in the early wee hours of this morning. A fantastic adventure for Lara Croft. One of those games that I watched even the credits in the end. I am in no rush to sell the game yet as I know there were challenges that I left behind and I want to explore them even more so now.

Time to dig into F4...at the same time. :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

10spro wrote:Time to dig into F4...at the same time. :)
Best of luck with that. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I finally got my new controller and started the game. Whoa, that's some serious graphics and gameplay. :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:I finished the game in the early wee hours of this morning. A fantastic adventure for Lara Croft. One of those games that I watched even the credits in the end. I am in no rush to sell the game yet as I know there were challenges that I left behind and I want to explore them even more so now.

There is some DLC coming too.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:I finished the game in the early wee hours of this morning. A fantastic adventure for Lara Croft. One of those games that I watched even the credits in the end. I am in no rush to sell the game yet as I know there were challenges that I left behind and I want to explore them even more so now.

Thanks for the reminder, now I definitely will keep it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
I couldn't have said it better myself. I jumped in for a bit last night and ended up playing for like 2 hours...love it. I'm only 29% done too. Fun Fun game.
That's how I end up playing.. wife is like.. we need to go eat.. you said one hour.. LOL!

But it's easy to jump in and out.. GOTY for me for sure, no doubt about it.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, now I definitely will keep it.
I've done that with all the TR games including Tomb Raider anniversary. They're a lot of fun. This game is the best i've played in the series. So it's definitely a keeper.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

$39.99 xbo starting this Sunday at target.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

BUY THIS NOW.

A great follow-up to the previous game.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sudz wrote:BUY THIS NOW.

A great follow-up to the previous game.
I wish. It will be a Christmas present this year. It may be for me, my wife, or my daughter, but come December 25th, I'll be playing it.

If my wife had here way, the same would bd said for Halo 5. But f*** that! I'm happy as heck I didn't wait any longer on it. Halo 5 is seriously great MP. Lots of great modes, but just the 4v4 games are fun as hell. Throw in stuff like Warzone, and it becomes epic. It's made me also want to play the campaign co-op with three others, although it is great solo, too.

It's the best Halo yet, in my opinion.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

This released on the PC at the end of January, and I just got around to picking it up and playing it. Completely sucked in from start to finish. Amazing, amazing game, and it's quite a looker on PC.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:This released on the PC at the end of January, and I just got around to picking it up and playing it. Completely sucked in from start to finish. Amazing, amazing game, and it's quite a looker on PC.
I actually traded in my XB1 version and got the PC. I'm finding myself less and less interested in console games except sports.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Once it hits a sale on the PC I'll definitely give it a shot. These types of games are definitely better on the PC if it's not a buggy sh*tfest like a lot cross platform games.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Had zero of the buggy mess that a lot of ports have, Scott. I played through the whole thing with mouse & keyboard, didn't have a lot of weird mouse smoothing going on so aiming was precise. Graphics had zero issues with me, outside of the occasional slightly fluttery cloud (only noticed this once or twice, and it was almost non-existent. Nothing like the SLI flickers.).

Never hit a single issue that made me think it was a rushed port or anything, FWIW.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:Had zero of the buggy mess that a lot of ports have, Scott. I played through the whole thing with mouse & keyboard, didn't have a lot of weird mouse smoothing going on so aiming was precise. Graphics had zero issues with me, outside of the occasional slightly fluttery cloud (only noticed this once or twice, and it was almost non-existent. Nothing like the SLI flickers.).

Never hit a single issue that made me think it was a rushed port or anything, FWIW.
That's good to hear. Still have too many games to finish/play right now to attempt another, but I'll definitely give it a shot soon. Thanks for the confirmation that I won't just get pissed off like the most recent Batman games. Eeesh.