Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Post by 10spro »

To non online players, this maybe worth playing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... -in-years/

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Post by Aristo »

I'm not a CoD player, at all. But ever since the first trailers for this, I've been kind of interested. It has a Deus Ex feel, but with more shooty-shooty and less RPG.

In some ways, this feels a little like what Project: Snowblind was. That was supposed to be a spin-off of Deus Ex, but they later decided to spin it off the franchise altogether after Invisible War was a such a turd. But the gameplay was pretty fantastic.

Nice to see that the solo campaign lives up to the promise of the early trailers. Will still probably wait for a sale, although Activision rarely discounts CoD. This may be a perfect rental from the library, as I'm not interested in the MP.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The campaign would be the only way I'd get this one. Maybe down the line when the price drops. MP in COD games borders on ridiculous. So many guys that play the game hours and hours a day that have ridiculous skills. Going into a match and getting killed 5 times in a minute and a half isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I'm experiencing that in Halo 5 right now. I can hang a little bit but still get lit up at an 8 or even 10 to 1 ratio. I'll keep my eye on this one though.

Star Wars BF is my next MP FPS. Can't wait. Tomb Raider next week :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Meh

How long is the SP campaign? If it's more than 8 hours i will be astonished.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Halo and COD are two franchises from which I'm suffering serious fatigue.

Where is Operation Flashpoint when we need it? :cry:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Danimal wrote:Meh

How long is the SP campaign? If it's more than 8 hours i will be astonished.
No joke. I was shocked when the last one ended...finished it 3 days... playing just a few hours each night.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

apparently this game is a mess on the PC, 360 and PS3 so I guess if you want to play it you better have an XB1 or PS4
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:apparently this game is a mess on the PC, 360 and PS3 so I guess if you want to play it you better have an XB1 or PS4
Lets be honest, if you still have a PS3 or 360 its time (its past time) to upgrade. If I were these developers I wouldn't even waste my time developing for the last gen.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Heck I can't even get it to start on the X1. Hard reboot and all. I am to going to uninstall it and see if that works.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:apparently this game is a mess on the PC, 360 and PS3 so I guess if you want to play it you better have an XB1 or PS4
Lets be honest, if you still have a PS3 or 360 its time (its past time) to upgrade. If I were these developers I wouldn't even waste my time developing for the last gen.
I don't disagree but if they are going to MAKE the game for those platforms they should MAKE sure it works. Responses like yours that blame the customer are always fascinating to me. Why not blame the company who is trying to maximize their cash grab?
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

IGN just posted it's review and says the SP portion of the game is nothing special, pretty linear and the zombie mode is pretty weird.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
I don't disagree but if they are going to MAKE the game for those platforms they should MAKE sure it works. Responses like yours that blame the customer are always fascinating to me. Why not blame the company who is trying to maximize their cash grab?
Fair enough. Touché!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Black Ops III on last gen only has MP and zombies but it's $50. At least they aren't totally trying to rip last gen'ers off like EA Sports and 2K!

Still on 360 and PS3 here and still having a blast with Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, MLB The Show 15, Madden 15, NBA 2K12. There are still tons of people on last gen playing online on those games where the servers are still up, all the COD games included.

Of course, I'm not a sucker for every new thing that comes out. Leaning toward Xbox One when I upgrade now after thinking I would be a PS4 buyer when the consoles first come out. EA Access and backward compatibility have won me over I think.

But, still happy with last gen and not upgrading til Xbox one drops below $199 or will pick up a used console on Cowboom. I think I'm even cheaper than the infamous pk500.
Last edited by bulls23 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

bulls23 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
I'm not a sucker for every new thing that comes out.
Sadly I am :oops:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I am for sports games. I can't go back to last gen Madden and NBA 2K. I'm sure NHL is fine last gen. I love the next gen NHL 16, but it really is the same game with prettier graphics. I tried going back to NCAA 14, and I just can't do it. The difference is monumental, and I liked NCAA much more than last gen Madden.

And really, I love being able to upload highlights of my sports games so easy. Even if no one looks at them, I still like to think I'm sharing cool things that happened. It feels a little more empty to play on the 360 where I can't upload or save clips. It's one of the reasons I'm excited for BC on some games that have stopped playing.

As for Halo and other single player FPS, I'm slow. It takes me ages to beat a game. I have absolutely no fatigue on Halo, but thats because the moment I feel it, I'm playing something different. I never feel compelled to finish a game just because. Halo is still my favorite single player FPS, although Wolfenstein was pretty great.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

bulls23 wrote:Leaning toward Xbox One when I upgrade now after thinking I would be a PS4 buyer when the consoles first come out. EA Access and backward compatibility have won me over I think.
There was a deal on New Egg today which almost made me buy my 3rd XB1 It was $350 for the GOW bundle and like 5 other games. It was ridiculous, I can't find it now sadly.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sadly I am :oops:
Me too :lol:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
bulls23 wrote:Leaning toward Xbox One when I upgrade now after thinking I would be a PS4 buyer when the consoles first come out. EA Access and backward compatibility have won me over I think.
There was a deal on New Egg today which almost made me buy my 3rd XB1 It was $350 for the GOW bundle and like 5 other games. It was ridiculous, I can't find it now sadly.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... gnorebbr=1

And if you have an AMEX rewards card you could get $25 cash back. Newegg is running a promo with AMEX, spend $200 get $25 cash back.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

bulls23 wrote: I think I'm even cheaper than the infamous pk500.
WOT? No! I see a fiscal cage match in our future. :)

Then again, you're on to something. I've owned a XB1 for nearly two years and just bought an iPhone 6S -- both on deals, of course. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
bulls23 wrote: I think I'm even cheaper than the infamous pk500.
WOT? No! I see a fiscal cage match in our future. :)

Then again, you're on to something. I've owned a XB1 for nearly two years and just bought an iPhone 6S -- both on deals, of course. :)
I'll see your "cheaper than PK" and raise you a "me"... :wink:

Not sure how it happened really, but I still don't really have a compelling desire for another console. I see SWBF and whimper a little, but just a little...I'm pretty happy playing the old console every now and then. I'll probably upgrade at some point, but just don't want to plunk 400 bucks down for that, when it'd go a long way toward getting a new hunting rifle...;)
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood