NBA Live 16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Live 16

Post by Diablo25 »

Hate on this game all you want but I hate the animation driven 2K model of play. IMO Live 15 was a solid game. It had more polish (obviously not 2K level) than Live 14. The link to the video below is the unveil of their online hoops equivalent of 2K. Say what you want but EAs servers will be better than 2Ks. This mode looks very cool. Ill be getting Live and not 2k this year. Live is the better game for the casual gamer. Looks like there will be a demo of this mode out on Sept 15th

http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv ... 8IxACwG.97
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 16

Post by pk500 »

:)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I thought Live 15 was very good, it was close being my sports game of the year too...only trailing FIFA for me.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Count me in on one that thought Live 15 was a far more enjoyable game on the court. Looking forward to this years effort.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Spooky wrote:Count me in on one that thought Live 15 was a far more enjoyable game on the court. Looking forward to this years effort.
If they can smooth out the animations and have more off the ball movement, I'll definitely give this a look. The last two years have reminded me of NCAA March Madness basketball where there's always something glaring that's holding this game back.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Spooky wrote:Count me in on one that thought Live 15 was a far more enjoyable game on the court. Looking forward to this years effort.
If they can smooth out the animations and have more off the ball movement, I'll definitely give this a look. The last two years have reminded me of NCAA March Madness basketball where there's always something glaring that's holding this game back.
Yeah. If they can improve the graphics, the physics, the player models, the ball interaction w the basket, the skating along the floor and actually add some decent player specific animations it might be worth a rental.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Noticed they've been doing a lot of advertising and it's still always from being released?

They must have higher expectations.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

wco81 wrote:Noticed they've been doing a lot of advertising and it's still always from being released?

They must have higher expectations.
I am excited to see how the game has improved. The game was still stripped down last year but there was definitive improvements. I get the vibe EA is throwing more 'backing' than normal at the game this year.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Is there a demo out today?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

grtwhtsk wrote:Is there a demo out today?
Demo is available now for both PS4 and XB1.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Um. Holy sh*t. I'm gonna eat some crow.

What an improvement. This game is actually playable now! This is only after one game so we will see if the shine wears off but maybe we actually have a decent alternative to 2K the year for those of us who might find it a bit stale after so many years of dominance.

Fingers crossed.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

It's playable and somewhat enjoyable, I'll give you that. Heck, I even completed one full game, something I was unable to do last year. But that's where it ends. This game has made modest improvements, but it seriously doesn't compare to 2K, not this year anyways.

There are some really weird dribbling animations, almost like the ball is on a string. I noticed it most when dribbling up the floor after a made basket.

From a gameplay distance, many of the players look last gen. Lack of detail is how I would call it

Animations are too sped up for my taste. Half the time it looks fine, but there are far too many herky jerky animations that stand out.

Most every made basket is a swish. You very rarely see the ball hit the backboard and/or rim and go in. Reminds me of Double Dribble.

The game has a March Madness feel rather than a NBA feel.

Off ball movement is much improved.

Love the jump shot dynamics. Like the hold and release strategy.

A decent effort but I'll be surprised if it comes close to NBA 2K sales.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Um. Holy sh*t. I'm gonna eat some crow.

What an improvement. This game is actually playable now! This is only after one game so we will see if the shine wears off but maybe we actually have a decent alternative to 2K the year for those of us who might find it a bit stale after so many years of dominance.

Fingers crossed.
I'm with you. Its still not on 2K's heels but its definitely an improvement. My big thing with 2K is the animation based shots, etc. Of course the animations in Live don't particularly mesh that well at times. I'm still excited about the full launch of Live. I really liked the ProAm stuff. The face scan thing worked better than any scan tech I've ever used. I'm still on the fence about 2K16. Gonna wait and see. Its definitely the prettier game. Its good to have 2 viable games.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:It's playable and somewhat enjoyable, I'll give you that. Heck, I even completed one full game, something I was unable to do last year. But that's where it ends. This game has made modest improvements, but it seriously doesn't compare to 2K, not this year anyways.

There are some really weird dribbling animations, almost like the ball is on a string. I noticed it most when dribbling up the floor after a made basket.

From a gameplay distance, many of the players look last gen. Lack of detail is how I would call it

Animations are too sped up for my taste. Half the time it looks fine, but there are far too many herky jerky animations that stand out.

Most every made basket is a swish. You very rarely see the ball hit the backboard and/or rim and go in. Reminds me of Double Dribble.

The game has a March Madness feel rather than a NBA feel.

Off ball movement is much improved.

Love the jump shot dynamics. Like the hold and release strategy.

A decent effort but I'll be surprised if it comes close to NBA 2K sales.
Great impression. Its definitely improving which is something Live was void of for a long time.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I heard there is supposedly going to be a day one release patch that addresses some of the animation issues.

At the very least, the guys who have worked on this game will definitely continue to support it with patches and tuners, as indicated by NBA Live 15. Gotta appreciate that.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Don't mistake my enjoyment of the demo to be more than just excitement for some competition. It definitely isn't as polished as 2k, but at least there is an option now if the 2k game has gotten old and stale to you. A lot of people feel that way about games that dominate for a long time (i.e. The Show), so it's good to have another option whereas we definitely don't w/ baseball games. I'll definitely rent it to go along side my 2k purchase and see if there is enough there to take a 2k break. Doubt it, based on some of the animations and weird stuff that happens in games that aren't very polished, but it's possible. That's more than we can say for the last two iterations (NBA Elite counts).

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I still miss NBA Inside Drive 2003 by Microsoft for the original Xbox. I played that more than any console basketball game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

ea access 10 hours out now

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I've been having a lot of fun with the ProAm Demo. The Summer Circuit games are fun if you get guys that use picks and do t just run and gun. Looking forward to my 10 hours. I'm still not sure if I'm getting 2K16. It looks great.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I still am digging the game, especially with the Early Access today...don't think it's going to be better than 2k, but it's still enjoyable and a nice diversion for sure. They did a good job with it this year. They might actually make it to next year. ;)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

game is decent. pace / flow of in game very nice. i like they added lots to single player ultimate team this year like madden did.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I can't play more than a half of this game anymore. It's definitely improved, but there are far too many player and ball animations that just look awkward, and make it feel like a video game. Not to mention, the commentary is too robotic for my tastes, much like many of EA's sports games.

I want to like it more, because I've been playing the 2K series since its inception, but there's really no comparison yet in my opinion.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I still am digging the game, especially with the Early Access today...don't think it's going to be better than 2k, but it's still enjoyable and a nice diversion for sure. They did a good job with it this year. They might actually make it to next year. ;)
Perfectly said. Agree 100 percent. A far better game than last year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I still am digging the game, especially with the Early Access today...don't think it's going to be better than 2k, but it's still enjoyable and a nice diversion for sure. They did a good job with it this year. They might actually make it to next year. ;)
Agree also. I'm also leaning towards ordering 2K16 tonight also. It's looks damn good. Nice having two viable games again. Live isn't there yet but it's moving in the right direction.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Agree also. I'm also leaning towards ordering 2K16 tonight also. It's looks damn good. Nice having two viable games again. Live isn't there yet but it's moving in the right direction.
That's exactly where I was last year, and will probably still feel that way this year. EA could probably get me if they just provided an option to show the play art on the court. But I am really liking the controls, and the controls are what I hate about 2K.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL