PES 2016

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PES 2016

Post by Inuyasha »

Demo out now for xb1

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2016

Post by pk500 »

Thanks for tip!

Played one game last night. Felt almost the same as the PES 2015 demo.

One major quibble: It's far too easy to move through the midfield, as the passes move at hyperspeed. PES seems to have regressed in this area, while FIFA has improved.

Fouls were almost non-existent in the demo, too.

Nothing in the demo moved me enough to place PES higher on my wish list than FIFA this year. No EA franchise has improved as much as FIFA in the last five years. Add in the abundance of modes, robust online play and nearly full world license of FIFA, and PES just can't compete in my mind anymore.

Sad, as I've been a Konami soccer supporter since Valderrama was on the cover of International Superstar Soccer 98 on the PlayStation.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I still play Winning Eleven on the PS2 and nothing compares to what they did back then. Just brilliant video game soccer. I wouldn't be surprised if PES 2016 was mailed in as I read awhile back that supposedly this could be their last year in the series.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I still play Winning Eleven on the PS2 and nothing compares to what they did back then. Just brilliant video game soccer. I wouldn't be surprised if PES 2016 was mailed in as I read awhile back that supposedly this could be their last year in the series.
That's definitely what the demo feels like. A Xerox copy of the 2015 demo.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I looked last night on PS4 but never saw the demo.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

tjung0831 wrote:I looked last night on PS4 but never saw the demo.
It's there now.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I tried the XONE demo and it does look cleaner than last years game. The crowd doesn't look as good as FIFA but at least the pitch looks better this year than PES 2015. I still prefer the AI in PES vs FIFA at least on defense. The back line tends to close on the ball much better. In FIFA it's always you against the world whereas in PES the game tends to feel more like team play. Neither game is perfect but I prefer PES.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

You guys are on crack. It is 100 times better than last years game. The animations are incredible just contextual and brilliant. Its more responsive control wise the players respond immediately the heading is genius from what ive seen so far, the physical play is really good too. Each game is different each team played different, players a different.
Players intercept and close down balls all over the place, much better.
Its not all true love i must admit, no fouls is a real game killer now that slide tackles are so well implemented, and defense maybe a little to slow to close down still but even that is much better this time.

Check out one of my my activity feed i posted a couple of really cool things last night.
Tell me that Totti fanning on that looping header from the corner wasnt a brilliant sequence.

Im really digging it fellas maybe the animations are clouding my judgement a little right now but everything else aside this is the best stuff ive seen in a video game.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Well I have to say I really liked what I saw in the demo. Still not sure it's enough to sway me over FIFA though.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Graphics wise everything looks sharper with grass looking much better, whereas on 15 the grass just looked like turf to me. Gameplay is more concise, fluid and physical as the collision system has been improved seeing more one on one battles for the football.

I am still suspect on the goalkeeping's AI as its always been a hit or miss for me with this franchise. On online games it's been a killer for me, you can have nice possession of the ball only to be spoiled by some inexplicable rebound straight at the strikers's feet. Nice animations in some goals and overall everything just looks more polished. The presentation looks like a copy and paste job so far, and I do like the new dynamic camera which looks more at par with FIFA.

Didn't expect such an early demo, time to ditch whatever credit I may get from PES 15 to this baby.

Like playing offline games with PES, will probably get it besides FIFA for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:You guys are on crack. It is 100 times better than last years game. The animations are incredible just contextual and brilliant. Its more responsive control wise the players respond immediately the heading is genius from what ive seen so far, the physical play is really good too. Each game is different each team played different, players a different.
Players intercept and close down balls all over the place, much better.
Its not all true love i must admit, no fouls is a real game killer now that slide tackles are so well implemented, and defense maybe a little to slow to close down still but even that is much better this time.

Check out one of my my activity feed i posted a couple of really cool things last night.
Tell me that Totti fanning on that looping header from the corner wasnt a brilliant sequence.

Im really digging it fellas maybe the animations are clouding my judgement a little right now but everything else aside this is the best stuff ive seen in a video game.
One other complaint I forgot to mention: Through balls are far too effective, especially lofted through balls.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Hmm, been playing both versions and i'm seeing the XONE version to be a little easier on the game play side. On the XONE my games are real close and competitive. When I switch to the PS4 I get my ass kicked, same settings, same teams. Anyone else seeing this?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ps4 controls a bit smoother than xb and a little better lighting too. But both very similar.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I found the game to play better than 2015. It's more responsive, and the animations are smoother as well. I love the jostling for the ball, and it seems a bit more organic than FIFA. The passes do seem to pinball very quickly and I don't know if that's due to the setting or not. All in all, it does seem improved, but the lack of licensing probably kills it for me. I've always enjoyed FIFA's presentation and overall atmosphere more. On the pitch, PES seems slightly ahead of FIFA, but for a casual soccer fan, it isn't necessarily a make a break.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loving the gameplay. No matter what level you play, try playing the game manually with all assist off. I have it at level support off or zero and it plays like the beautiful game. The AI is not incredibly obnoxious with their ping pong passing as it is in FIFA when you play the top level which is World or Ultimate level. Here you can still build your play patiently and of course be a bit more accurate with your passes but not impossible to accomplish, as passes will go into space and not straight into a players' boot.

Manually is the way to go if you want a realistic game of footie here.

There's also more ways to score goals, more diversity, outside the box goals were just non existent last season. The camera angle on Wide dynamic is my choice of play as you can see literally every player on the pitch while making their runs.

Minor gripes include the lack of fouls calling and some suspect AI from the goalkeepers.

Give manual a try, it's not impossible, it may take a couple of games to learn all the curves of the game, but for a realistic, sim game of football this is the way to go.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Good thoughts 10's I'm between 1 assist and top player/ superstar or zero and professional/ top player.
I'm really liking the game play
Just posted some more in depth thoughts on the demo at OS. Ill paste them over.

Don't get me wrong the game still has some huge annoyances for me. The biggest one so far is the slowing down of the player you are controlling its still in the game.
There is nothing worse than feeling the game taking away your control just so a certain sequence can play out.
My main example would be when your defending and taking away space, you read the play and try to make a play on the ball only to have the game slow your player so you cant get near to make the play you worked so hard for.
Its hard enough to get possession back from Bayern as it is and infuriating when the game games you like that.

The other thing would be the defenders not reacting properly they don't show the urgency still in the correct situations. Like KG says they should be doing everything they can to make a play on the ball not back away or run along side.
If they could just fix that one issue i'd be all over this game but it is still a big one for me when it comes to longevity( the more you play it the worse it seems and just grinds me down ).

I'm ok with the passing in the big picture, sure its not perfect but its far from a game killer. Bayern had 85% passing today against Hoffenheim.
On the top levels yeah the cpu is a little too perfect in all aspects of the game but its really enjoyable to play against still i find overall.

I think the problem with fouls is the refs advantage system, its to short right now so when the play breaks down its not called back. It seems to me is its always play on first instead of just blowing the whistle.
I'm buying this game no matter what, there is much more to like than dislike and overall 10 times better than 15 the animations are second to none for me ,just beautiful.
This game is so close right now if they could just fix these few niggles they would have one of those games you never get rid of like NHL 2k3.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

this demo is really fantastic. I haven't played PES in years so it's a breath of fresh air compared to FIFA. I wanted to skip FIFA this year unless there are new features out, and PES may just be the game for me single player wise. I don't know the Xs and Os of Soccer, but the game play being such a different feel from FIFA makes me enjoy it.

I've read this year there will be option files for next gen so I may take a chance on it.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

ps4 only option files. :(

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:ps4 only option files. :(
Cool, I'll be getting the Sony version then. 8)

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

10spro wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:ps4 only option files. :(
Cool, I'll be getting the Sony version then. 8)
Me too. This may be the first time I go with both soccer games.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I was going to get the PS4 version as well based off the demo's. the sony controller feels like it was made for soccer.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Steam PC version for me and it has always had option file support. And Konami is good about updating the game as i'm still getting updates from them for PES 2015.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Lot of positive reviews.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Inuyasha wrote:Lot of positive reviews.
Not surprising if you played the demo with everything off and manual passing.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I read and it was confirmed by Konami that the PC version is not the same as the PS4 or XONE.