What's up, fellas?? (Hrudey32)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

hrudey32
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

What's up, fellas?? (Hrudey32)

Post by hrudey32 »

Back like a bad memory....can you say the LA Kings "Burger King" jersey,(which I actually loved....wtf)...lol...ol' Hrudey32 has returned!

Hope you boys are doing well. I've been nice and busy. Doing my thing which is motocross, supercross, hockey, music and doing the married life with my beautiful wife. My music career was doing really well a bit back, signing with Universal, but there are a lot of sharks in the water, boys! Long story.

I thought I would pop in and say hi. What are you boys playing hockey wise, these days? I still seem to play NHL2K8 and 2K10 more than any other titles but I'll prob give NHL 16 a chance as well.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to all my old schoolers and also to the new blood.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: What's up, fellas?? (Hrudey32)

Post by vinny-b »

what-up Hrudey

like no one, your username will forever be interchangeable with Hockey and Motorcross games. It is nice to know you well, brother

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Hrudey!! What's up buddy? Been a long time. Welcome back. Game on!

hrudey32
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by hrudey32 »

Right on, boys! Ready for some hockey gaming. What are you fellas playing these days? I don't do much online playing but I still heard EA's last offering was a mess. I've basically continued to play 2K8 and 2K10.

I actually fired up Gretzky 06 the other night. It's way too fast but man I love the presentation of that game. It got me wanting to play some hockey games again so that's never a bad thing. Probably best preaentation in all hockey games. Not enough defensive control and its way too fast but still the presentation is unmatched. I always kinda preferred the Faceoff/Gretzky series to EA's with 2K's being my favorite usually though their titles can be a bit dry. Gretzky is fun but not really realistic. But as I said, they were onto something there with the cutscenes, pop up stats and overall presentation with Doc and Panger. Surpasses stuff of today, imo.

For MX, MXGP takes the prize, hands down. Not much competition to be honest with MX vs ATV being pretty arcade. MVA could be good but they just make things too over the top. Can't wait for the next MXGP. Should be an announcement this month. Still hoping someday we get an AMA game.
Last edited by hrudey32 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Welcome back, dude. Glad to see you here again!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Welcome back!

NHL 16 drops on EA Access tomorrow.. I'm sure the DS boys will have impressions!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

A group of us still play NHL online team play (EASHL) nearly every friday and saturday night for the past few years. It's kind of amazing how long we've all been sticking to it.

I think the NHL games are pretty good, but I only play online against humans (online team play and online HUT). The AI is crap IMO.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

hrudey32
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by hrudey32 »

Paul, Miz...all you cats. It's like a family reunion...but one I actually enjoy! ;)

Right on. Yeah, I plan on getting 16 just to have something somewhat current. Has EA ever integrated the full range defensive stick control yet ala 2K or is it still the poke sweep or can you move it all around? How is that implemented in their current game? I always felt like I had so little control defensively in that franchise.

I actually googled some stuff and a lot of the same names are still here. Nice to know we have all grown old together. :)

Btw, Paul..and others....if you guys are interested I'll post a OT link to my last Universal music video before that band (as it was then) split. Pretty cool stuff if you're into rock.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Welcome back Hrudey! Takes someone like you to get vinny out of the woodwork too! LOL...what up fellas!!!!

hrudey32
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by hrudey32 »

Db! What's up, dude. Abner still around? Where's ol' Grog when you need him? Lol.

Looking forward to seeing and sharing some 16 impressions.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Welcome back, Hrudey! Are you currently in a band?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Abner is out of gaming as far as I know and last I spoke to him. Coaching basketball and maybe teaching.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

hrudey32
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by hrudey32 »

What's up, Scoop? Actually, no, not currently. I do freelance stuff, studio stuff, video stuff....kinda a gun for hire. Whoring myself out I guess you might say. My last full time band was with Universal but there were a lot of false promises and it really shows you what the industry can be like. Kinda took the fun out of it I guess. A job is a job and hey, I had a blast but when the fun stops and the financial support also stops then you really have to look at things.

So now I am freelancing and actually really enjoy it. I get to do it when I want to but also am not always tied to a contract. Nice to be able to take vacations with my Wife and enjoy a normal life as well. Because the rock n roll life is fun but def not normal!

Speaking of....here was my last video with Universal, boyz. The band I was in was called The Fifth. Real good band but a lot of internal issues and management issues as I spoke of that ended the lineup.

OT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnmWVbZKf8

That's ol' Hrudey32 behind the drums for those who don't know me. Fun video shoot. About 2 days of filming edited down to about 4 minutes. Lol!

Since then I have also wrote and recorded my own solo CD which I call Angel of Mercy. I wrote every bit of it and sing it as well. People say I sound a little like Paul Stanley which is a HUGE compliment. I can't hold a candle to the greatness of Paul but I do enjoy singing and writing as well as drumming.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

What up Hrudey! I still have your tune "Clouds" in my playlist! Still love that tune!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM