Metal gear solid 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Metal gear solid 5

Post by fletcher21 »

I don't see a thread for this game. As pk would say, this game has me harder than Chinese arithmetic. I don't have a ps4, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll be buying one for this game.

I saw the mgs 5 "demo" ground zeroes is still $20. Hardly worth it for a tiny amount of game play. Hopefully it is included in the full game.

Who else is excited for metal gear? The scope of the game sounds huge.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Metal gear solid 5

Post by XXXIV »

That demo game is now free with Gold on Live.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Get-Ca ... 74387.html

It looks good. Just hasnt inspired me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I lost interest in the series back in the PS2 days. I got tired of the hokey storylines and the stealth gameplay.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Metal Gear Solid for the original psx was incredible. I haven't really enjoyed the series that much since for some reason.
GT = Wilk5280

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wilk5280 wrote:Metal Gear Solid for the original psx was incredible. I haven't really enjoyed the series that much since for some reason.
Agree and agree.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:Metal Gear Solid for the original psx was incredible. I haven't really enjoyed the series that much since for some reason.
Agree and agree.
And agreed.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gamespot just gave it a perfect 10.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Rodster wrote:Gamespot just gave it a perfect 10.
Yeah, reviewers are shitting their pants over this one. I haven't played this series since being pretty let down with MGS2. I guess I'll check out what this is all about.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

MGS5:Ground Zeroes was a lot of fun. In reading the reviews it sounds like Phantom Pain is a sandbox and I am pretty stoked about this game. I think it will be quite a departure from the rest of the series and Ground Zeroes gave me a good taste of what is to come.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Pre-ordered and installed, just waiting for tomorrow. I started watching this video and have to say I am very impressed and this game looks like everything I would want it to be.

I am a patient boy.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

This might be the finest action game ever made. The prologue mission is long but intense. Once the game opens up it is incredibly awesome. Surely I can't be the only one playing this.
I am a patient boy.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I downloaded it last night Scoop but I don't know if I'll get to it. Currently playing Shadowrun Hong Kong, the new Pillars expansion and still trying to get through Witcher 3. From what I hear this game is massive.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I went through the prologue that took an hour and let me preface this by saying I've never been a MGS fan. My mouth was literally open going WTF and OMG for that first hour. I got this for free when I bought a new video card. I've never seen a game with better graphics on the PC, I mean ever. I had to turn it off as I got to the open world part but s*** this game is just mind blowing and so f***in weird at the same time.
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Yep, the prologue mission is crazy. I've never experienced anything quite like it and it is definitely one of the most memorable intros to a video game ever in my mind. It is gorgeous on the PS4 so I can only imagine how good it looks on a beefed-up PC. The first mission after the prologue is great. I cannot recommend this game enough to anybody that is a fan of stealth/action/spy games. I think people got a little turned off by some of the previous Metal Gear's but this game is truly special.
I am a patient boy.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

This game has gotten me out of bed at 3:30 and 4:00 AM the past 2 mornings, just to get some time in to play before I work at 6AM. Agreed that it's incredible. The first hour was bizarre, and some of the story missions have been loopy, too. But in 2560x1440 at 144Hz, and with it running at seemingly 100 frames per second, it's just ridiculously good looking. The time involved to survey areas, get in and out with as little conflict as possible, and upgrade both mother base and myself is a strange cocaine-level addictive pull back to it. But unless I have more than 30 minutes, I can't even get started--because even the simplest extraction from a tiny 3-building location takes me far too long planning.

The ones that have you going into amphitheater-style bases and cave networks and ones with 30 buildings and your target could be in any one of them--guaranteed to be 90 minutes for me to sneak around on my belly unseen scoping out the place.

Then, I'll inevitably get impatient, do something stupid--somebody sees me, and I wreck the entire encampment. Once everybody's dead, blow up the radar and land da choppa and get out.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I love the surveillance involved before going in for your target. Trying to find all of the best spots to pick up and mark all of the guards. I had marked four guards and thought to myself this should be so easy. I get deep into the cluster of building only to find about 8 soldiers having a nice little chat and things quickly blew up in my face. This game just pushes all of my buttons in a good way.
I am a patient boy.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll admit I didn't read up on this game so I have no idea how this multiplayer FOB stuff works.
Follow Me on:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

What is the difficulty level? Pretty hardcore or is it easy to pick up and play?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Depends on what you base the difficulty on.

Pick-up-and-play with not a lot of thought, it's very tough. You have to think about everything you're doing. Silencers "break" within 10 or 15 rounds it seems on the starter guns, so you have to be very judicious in going Rambo on stuff. Once somebody sees me, I've started the habit of removing the silencer to not engage an enemy who knows I'm there and wasting silencer durability.

But as far as actual difficulty? If you get swarmed, it's maddeningly difficult. If you try to rush through things, it's difficult. If you survey an area completely, from different vantage points--move slowly and plant C4 on all communications arrays in the area, pick off your targets, and if you get spotted, blow the whole comm network to pieces? Much easier. You'll find out that you see things one way from one angle, but if you circle around the outpost to the other side, other things are hidden and would have caused problems (like an unseen comms array).

Bottom line, If you take your time, it's not all that difficult. If you rush through it, it's hard. But as far as difficulty with controls and crap? It's not difficult. Just like any other shooter. Controls are tight enough to play it like a cover based shooter if you want, but you're losing out on a ton of resources if you kill everything you see instead of sending them back to base with that hilarious Fulton balloon.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Are there any multiplayer modes in this game?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

System seller. GOAT

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fletcher21 wrote:System seller. GOAT
It would be a system seller if wasn't available on the XB1/PS3/X360 consoles including the PC. And the PC version is the one to get.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Rodster wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:System seller. GOAT
It would be a system seller if wasn't available on the XB1/PS3/X360 consoles including the PC. And the PC version is the one to get.
I bought a ps4 specifially for this game, along with uncharted. So far I'm pleased. I am unsure, but I doubt you can fully enjoy this on a last gen console

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Is there a lot of playing or more watching? That was the thing against the MGS series, where people were saying it's like watching a movie more than playing a game.

I tried the first game and it was visually stunning. Probably the best next gen graphics I've seen, and that was a first gen launch title. I'm sure this one it looks 10x better.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

A lot more playing than watching this time around. Early on you're watching for a good 5 minutes before you can do anything, but there are multiple-hour-long stretches of nothing but game play after the opening sequences.