Metal gear solid 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Metal gear solid 5

Post by Danimal »

I'm not very good at this game as I'm in the first mission and can't get by the guys with the glowing eyes because my horse can't carry two people and move fast.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sit at the end of the bridge and wait for them to come at you. The dirt ramp up the right side will be free. Or, sit under the bridge and wait for them to come down both side ramps...then go back up the other way and across the bridge itself.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

(probably) a dumb question: after that 'how to' on the mother base, how do I return to it? Or do you even need to? I don't see any option after I complete missions.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Get into the Aerial Command Center. Pull up your Droid.

Go to Missions.

Return to Mother Base.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Easily game of the year for me. Amazingly engrossing once you get going. Fun, smart, goofy, bloody.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I like it, but it's a lot tougher for me than any previous MG. There are a lot of enemies to contend with, and they will destroy you with a quickness if you don't scout the area out perfectly. It's always the one soldier you don't identify that will spot you.

I'm having a lot of fun, but the challenge is kicking my ass. Afghanistan all looks the same, too. I would have preferred a more modern look like uncharted or last of us. The game is DEEP, though. I could see many hardcore fans logging well over 100 hours, and that doesn't even include online. It's an amazing game, but I wouldn't call it perfect after digging in more.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, I hear you on the challenge. I don't think that means that it needs to be 'dinged' on score, though. Some of the best moments are when I'm discovered, though, personally.

I was trying to extract a lieutenant, who was inside a keep. I sneak in, completely unseen, pistol whip him and carry him out, unseen again, dodging searchlights. Got the "perfect stealth" achievement, and yet...

Same location, another mission, trying to extract a hostage from the second floor of that keep. I pick some of the guards off and put them to sleep, knock out the guard towers, think I have it scouted perfectly. I missed a guy, he spots me and I am in a position where my first shot rings off a hand rail, and the second knocks his helmet off. He alerts the base, and what ensues is a firefight straight out of Sole Survivor or American Sniper or something.

I switch to my M4, go loud by removing the suppressor (who cares at this point), and pick him off. 2 guards in the tower above the building. I get 1 as he looks down for me, the second is in cover. I scurry up the stairs and hide in the corner, and I can hear guards everywhere screaming and radioing for help. I had planted C4 on all of the communications arrays and the air radar while sneaking around though, so I blow those in a boom-boom-boom-boom sequence. I stand up to go inside the door---and get met with a shotgun blast to the chest, which knocks me back on my @$$ and turns my screen red. I have to apply first aid to stay alive, but the guard is coming out at me. I unload what feels like a full clip into his groin, with the recoil drifting up to his head, and crawl my ass inside the door.

First aid applied in the corner, I hear the hostage whimpering in the other corner. Every shot makes her squeal, which was a cool touch. I switch to my sniper rifle on my back and start picking the cautious grunts off...the ones who never come up with the main force, and throw out my sonic radar from my prosthesis. There are still about 6 guys around me, so I lob a grenade out the window--there goes the 3 that were clustered. Another comes charging in the door and blasts me, screen is red again. Grenade toward him, he tries to jump out the window, but gets blown out of it instead. Down to 2 immediately beneath me, and they're firing rounds directly into the ceiling (as far as I can tell, they're not getting through).

I stop making noise, and they start searching again. I sneak out to the stairs and plant a Mine just at the top of the stairs, obscured by a covered handrail. I try and draw the two of them up, but they won't budge. Just as I start to get frustrated, the mine goes off. A third (unknown) straggler was coming up to flank me and I had never seen him. Mine 1, soldier 0. The second of the final pair stuck his head out and looked up, ate a bullet through the teeth.

I left the room, hopped the rail on the back side of the building, snuck outside the window, and put a round through the back of the final guard's head to finish it. I called in the chopper and extracted the hostage, and not a single moment of that entire experience could be matched by "scripted" Call of Duty set pieces. It was a massive, edge-of-my seat battle, and that's just one story.

I have a dozen more like that. Like the tank convoy I took out with mines and C4, leaving a couple in the middle stuck with no way around the hulking husks in front and behind them, and me pot-shotting them with RPGs from the canyon above, then scurrying to get my ass out of there before the gunships closed in on me.

Etc. etc. It's hard, but EMBRACE it when sh*t goes wrong--some of the best stuff in MGS5 happens when it does.

On a side note, the game is exceptionally smart. I was headshotting everybody, and now the guards are wearing helmets. Too many night missions? They start getting equipped with Night Vision goggles. Body Armor, etc.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

This might very well be the best video game ever released, in my opinion of course. The level of depth is astounding. The graphics are outstanding. The story moments have been very intense including a very memorable prologue mission. I think about playing this game throughout the day.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This really might be the best open world game ever created.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Seconded (or thirded?).

Something hilarious about hearing my chopper come blasting in with Welcome to the Jungle blaring from the speakers, sending rockets everywhere.

Every gun fight I get into seems to be like a scene out of an action movie.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I think my favorite part about it is that you can accomplish your mission in so many ways. Usually when I f*** up sneaking around or just say srew it and start shooting some of the best moments occur.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:This really might be the best open world game ever created.
Co-signed. I finally opened the wrap today among all the games and demos lately. A sure bad ass prologue that had me sitting tight at the edge of my couch. Fantastic cut scenes mixed in the story that had me wowed. Haven't felt this awed in any game, so early.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Where's the "customize" option? I found it once to change my emblem & such, now I can't find it.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Only available while in your aerial command center. Once you leave Mother Base in a chopper, but before you drop in on a mission, you can reach it on the mother base tab.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

My only complaint is that there's just not enough interior levels. The Afghan desert is starting to get old..

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

MGO goes live on October 6th and it looks pretty cool.

I am a patient boy.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Online doesn't do much for me. I jusy wish there would be single player dlc. There's a rumor about a lot of the game being cut out. Mission 51/chapter 3. Tons of talk about this on gamefaqs, I just don't know the validity of the claims. Apparently a PC player went thru the code and found a lot of things were cut out. People Also say the ending doesn't make sense, as if the game isn't complete. Regardless, I love it.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Damn that MSG ONLINE looks dope.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Me wants the stealth cameo suit. 8)

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

OMG that prologue was excruciatingly hard to get through with the hour long lack of game play and 'beat a dead horse' exposition. Someone thought extended sequences of wounded stagger-crawling is fun? Yes, I get the fire guy is tough. Yes, I get I was in a coma. All the com-crap-talk from earlier MG games drove me insane, and this first hour almost had me flinging the ps4 into my swimming pool.

Had to shut down just as I got to Afghanistan, and I'm hoping and expecting the lauded open-world game play to be great, but that opener put me in a foul mood. I don't have a lot of gaming time, and I feel like I wasted an evening last night. The game better make good!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

webdanzer wrote:OMG that prologue was excruciatingly hard to get through with the hour long lack of game play and 'beat a dead horse' exposition. Someone thought extended sequences of wounded stagger-crawling is fun? Yes, I get the fire guy is tough. Yes, I get I was in a coma. All the com-crap-talk from earlier MG games drove me insane, and this first hour almost had me flinging the ps4 into my swimming pool.

Had to shut down just as I got to Afghanistan, and I'm hoping and expecting the lauded open-world game play to be great, but that opener put me in a foul mood. I don't have a lot of gaming time, and I feel like I wasted an evening last night. The game better make good!
I did exactly the same thing yesterday after suffering through that. Fortunately, Macca had warned me about what a slog it was, so at least I was prepared. Nevertheless I was dumbstruck at just how interminable it was.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Your both in for a great experience from that point on.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Funny, all I read from people is how awesome they thought the opener was.

I felt the same as you...hated it. Thought it was weird, out of place, not my style at all. Thankfully, the game itself is nothing like that. One of the best ever made, and I hated the opening sequence.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

TCrouch wrote:Funny, all I read from people is how awesome they thought the opener was.

I felt the same as you...hated it. Thought it was weird, out of place, not my style at all. Thankfully, the game itself is nothing like that. One of the best ever made, and I hated the opening sequence.
I believe it's going to be good, but unlike Rob, I wasn't warned about that opener, and was, in fact, going in with the notion that there was LESS of that non-gameplay exposition stuff than what annoyed me in previous games.

So that opener was quite the unpleasant welcome!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I enjoyed the prologue quite a bit. I can see how some wouldn't like it but I played through Ground Zeroes and felt a little more invested in the story and I think that's what had me invested. After the prologue the game is much different. Look at the prologue as the courting of the beautiful lady and now she's about to invite you up after the date.
I am a patient boy.