PES 2016

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2016

Post by Inuyasha »

Why is it so hard just to update a roster. Ea does it weekly. These guys can't in a timely manner? I just don't understand.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Roster fix is weeks away, according to Konami:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/11/02/ko ... weeks-away

What a joke.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Fortunately that doesn't apply to the PC crowd. On the PC side the modding community is certainly on top of things. 8)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:Roster fix is weeks away, according to Konami:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/11/02/ko ... weeks-away

What a joke.
:? :? :? :?

A joke indeed.

I feel so foolish now banking on this game to be my go to PS4 game. Even at $43.

It's like Madden coming out in August, and not updating it's rosters until December.

So all you're stuck with now is playing Exhibition Games without updated rosters. You can't even start a career mode or any mode to make the game even close to a real life roster.

Konami makes EA look like the Apple of the videogame industry.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The new update is out from Konami. Hopefully it includes the new stadium.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Rodster wrote:The new update is out from Konami. Hopefully it includes the new stadium.
Checked it. No new rosters

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I found two option files for the PS4 but there are no instructions on getting it to work. And a lot of these sites, people upload their files to make money on downloading stuff, which I don't have a problem with as long as the uploader tells you how to make it work.

I can hold off for now cause I still have the PC version option file and it's better than FIFA 16 although the commentary in PES 2016 sucks.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

After you DL the option file, you have to unzip it and put all the picture files under one folder called WEPES. Then you put that on your USB and hook it up to your PS4.

Go to Data management option in the game and do import. Import gives you like 4 categories, uniforms, logos, etc... You click logos, then it loads the usb, then you have to pick all the logos you want to import.

After import, you assign each log to each team.

Same with uniforms, and everything.

It's a 1 by 1 process so it may takes you some hours or days to complete just 1 League like BPL.

Its a pain in the ass.

where did you find the option files? So far all the the ones on the major sites have sucked.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah that does sound like one HUGE pain in the ass, no thanks. The PC version took me less than 1 minute of setup time and I was all set.

After the latest PS4 patch it looks like they've tightened up the sliding tackles. It's no longer an automatic no call if you steam roll someone and take the ball away. I tried it several times and it was called a foul and got a yellow card 60% of the time.

http://pes-patch.com for option files

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

A free to play version of PES 2016 will hit PS4 and PS3 on Decemember 8th. From what I recall reading it will offer only a handful of teams and exhibition mode.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

FifaInspected wrote:A free to play version of PES 2016 will hit PS4 and PS3 on Decemember 8th. From what I recall reading it will offer only a handful of teams and exhibition mode.
Yeah its dumb. What they call free to play is what the rest of the world calls a demo.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Both versions $34.99 on Amazon today.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Second rosters update is out including kits, faces and kits.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This time around they added stadiums.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's amazing how far this game has come from its Winning Eleven roots. Some good, some not so good. I found a PS2 WE 7 disc, I forgot I even had. It was the pinnacle in the series. There were fouls and bookings for both sides, the ball had a realistic bounce and weight to it. The AI on both sides of the ball made you work either for a buildup or score. There was no such thing as wing "cheese" play as you wouldn't get too far. The margin of error for making shots on goal felt real. Rarely could you pull off a heater or line drive shot and get it past the keeper.

PES 2016 is still my go to football game this year but it still has a ways to go before it can approach what Seabass created in the PS2 glory days.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Free version available now on ps.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Rodster wrote:It's amazing how far this game has come from its Winning Eleven roots. Some good, some not so good. I found a PS2 WE 7 disc, I forgot I even had. It was the pinnacle in the series. There were fouls and bookings for both sides, the ball had a realistic bounce and weight to it. The AI on both sides of the ball made you work either for a buildup or score. There was no such thing as wing "cheese" play as you wouldn't get too far. The margin of error for making shots on goal felt real. Rarely could you pull off a heater or line drive shot and get it past the keeper.

PES 2016 is still my go to football game this year but it still has a ways to go before it can approach what Seabass created in the PS2 glory days.

This post led me to dig out my copy of WE9... it's backwards compatible on the 360. I played 7 games this morning.. I recall the game being hard but damn.. It's crazy difficult to get decent scoring chances let alone score. As you mentioned the fouls and bookings are spot on. The fun factor is still off the charts.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Doesnt it seem super fast after recent games though. Thats what i thought last time i played it.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It does play somewhat faster than today's games but damn it does so much right, it's easy to overlook that.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Well I played the free version last night and had a fantastic time with it. I think this is going to be a purchase as soon as I find it on sale.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Check Amazon cause it was $34.95 the last time I checked. I paid $50 for it thru a 3rd party seller.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

PS4 Mega Pack is out for those that want to give PES 2016 a fresh coat of paint.

http://www.pes-patch.com/2015/12/pes-20 ... iando.html

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Anyone else think the keepers need work? I'm seeing an alarmingly high % of shots outside the box go in (free version)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

What difficulty are you on? I play on the 3 hardest level and I find it a b*tch to score at times. 10's is using some ultra settings and he finds the game to be as realistic as any he's played.