NBA 2K16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2K16

Post by Murph »

There's a thread over at OS about 2K16 implementing some college teams.

Turns out there really are 11 or so real schools licensed at this point, but it's unlikely this will be 'College Hoops 2K16' inside the NBA game. More likely, it'll be the ability to create a 'MyPlayer' and play him in college, then get drafted.

Other news outlets are stating to pick up the story: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... on-nba-2k/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: NBA 2K16

Post by icvu42 »

Murph wrote:There's a thread over at OS about 2K16 implementing some college teams.

Turns out there really are 11 or so real schools licensed at this point, but it's unlikely this will be 'College Hoops 2K16' inside the NBA game. More likely, it'll be the ability to create a 'MyPlayer' and play him in college, then get drafted.

Other news outlets are stating to pick up the story: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... on-nba-2k/
I can't believe in 2015 we don't have a college sports game to play. When back in the late 90's we had 2-3 choices for football and basketball.

Rick

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This game is absolutely gorgeous. Play from the broadcast angle and it looks like a real NBA game. The lighting is incredible. I'm still getting the hang of shooting, but this game is amazing.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I bought 2K14 for the PS4 and 2K15 for the XONE and I prefer the PS4 version. I like the controller and it looks slightly better. I was leaning on the Steam version this year and was going to buy it but it's getting ragged in the reviews, with lag and animation issues.

I'll wait for a price drop and hopefully it'll go on sale in Nov like last year when it dropped to $29 and snag it for the PS4.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have it downloaded but haven't been home to play yet! Looking forward to it!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I started the My Career thing and it's more immersive than previous years. Pretty cool actually. Like DB mentioned, animations are definitely better. The game plays a lot smoother...which excites me. I want to try 2K's version of the Live ProAm. I like Live's version so if 2K is better - giddy up. Looking forward to playing more later.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Insane amount of dunk animations in 2K16. The ones below are from just one category.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Really digging the game. Having a great time with MyPark. Superb effort by 2K.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

icvu42 wrote:
Murph wrote:There's a thread over at OS about 2K16 implementing some college teams.

I can't believe in 2015 we don't have a college sports game to play. When back in the late 90's we had 2-3 choices for football and basketball.

Rick
Blame the ncaa. It's an eligibility thing. Players aren't eligible to be on scholarship and be in the game, if I recall correctly. One of the ncaa basketball games resulted in a huge lawsuit.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I will be starting a small online league with some friends on XB1. Anyone here is welcome to join.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

icvu42 wrote:

Rick
I think it's a victim of games being so expensive. With so many arenas and teams to model, beyond the realism of the game, it's just not profitable, and that doesn't even address the player licensing issue. Just too much money for not enough reward unfortunately.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Haven't played much of this the past couple years. What type of settings are recommended for season play as far as number of minutes per period? Any other recommendations? Finally played a little bit last night and really, REALLY, like the gameplay.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I only played one game in the 21 hours I was home between races in California and Georgia this week, but the gameplay in 2K16 feels dramatically improved over the already impressive realism of 2K15.

Court spacing seems more realistic, team playbooks feel more accurate, and -- most importantly -- animations are FAR more fluid. The feeling of pressing a button and watching your player execute a canned animation from 2K15 is gone. Excessive offensive rebounds by the CPU also have vanished.

NBA 2K16 is MIGHTY impressive.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fletcher21 wrote: Blame the ncaa. It's an eligibility thing. Players aren't eligible to be on scholarship and be in the game, if I recall correctly. One of the ncaa basketball games resulted in a huge lawsuit.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 45599.html

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I seriously doubt we'll ever see anymore college video games in the future. As EA learned there's really not enough sales to compensate for the expense of producing the game. To me college amateur sports is a sham anyway. My belief is that someday they will be compensated and treated as pros.

To me this is right up there with Curt Flood and how he battled MLB and the courts to win free agency.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Massive 2K16 patch now available for the PS4 and soon for the Xbox One.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/11/13/de ... r-nba-2k16

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I believe it's going to be $30 or $35 at Best Buy for BF.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

FREE RIGHT NOW ON XBL UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT. I was going to get this on BF but now I can try it out for free. Nice.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I am throughly impressed by the XBO verison. It looks and plays great. I was thinking of getting this game for PS4 but now I may change my mind. What I love the most is the rumble of the controller on XBO. I had it on PS4 last year and don't remember the controller rumbling like this years version.

Any reason to get the PS4 version over XBO? Or is the game about the same on both systems? If it's even I'll probably get it on XBO because of the rumble.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Anyone interested in a casual online league on XB1? We have about 5 guys so far, so most games are against CPU and can be played or simmed. We try to play the few user v user games, maybe there will be 6 over 2 months.

It will be a fantasy draft league using a Legends custom roster. Online draft will be Sunday Feb 21 at 8pm ET.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210