NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL 2015-16 season

Post by wco81 »

It's the eve of the opening of training camps.

The main offseason drama appears to be how many games if any Brady will be suspended for his role in Deflategate.

There's some talk that he's going take the league to court even if the penalty is eliminated and he doesn't sit out any games.

You know, the principle of the thing and protecting the legacy.

HBO just showed a commercial for Hard Knocks with the Texans. So it will take 30 more years to get through the whole league. Will the show be around that long, especially the producers?

Maybe they should do 2 or 3 at a time, though maybe the ratings wouldn't support it, unless they put them on more outlets than just HBO.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:HBO just showed a commercial for Hard Knocks with the Texans. So it will take 30 more years to get through the whole league. Will the show be around that long, especially the producers?

Maybe they should do 2 or 3 at a time, though maybe the ratings wouldn't support it, unless they put them on more outlets than just HBO.
Why will it take HBO another 30 years to go through the NFL? The Texas are the eighth NFL team to be featured on "Hard Knocks." Two franchises have been in the spotlight twice, Dallas and Cincinnati.

Here's the "Hard Knocks" criteria:

"On October 8, 2013, the NFL announced that one team each year will be required to participate in Hard Knocks. Teams may still volunteer to be on the show. Teams with new coaches, teams that have been in the playoffs at least once in the past 2 years, or teams that have done the show once in the past 10 years are exempt from being forced into appearing on the show."

That's why you'll NEVER see "Hard Knocks" in a New England camp as long as Belichick is running the show.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Hmm I thought they all had to do it eventually.

So playoff teams are exempt? That's a strange exception.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

f*** you all!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

OH BABY!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is it do or die for Jeff Fisher this year? Both he and Joe Philbin have accomplished mediocrity.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:Is it do or die for Jeff Fisher this year? Both he and Joe Philbin have accomplished mediocrity.
It was that for me last year. Looks like the owner loves him.

At some point you have to stop being the team that could surprise and actually do something. After his start with a 7-8-1 record his first year the record has gotten worse every year not better.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:It was that for me last year. Looks like the owner loves him.

At some point you have to stop being the team that could surprise and actually do something. After his start with a 7-8-1 record his first year the record has gotten worse every year not better.
Ir's the same with Stephen Ross, for some reason he loves Joe Philbin. Maybe he thinks he can turn Tannehill into Aaron Rodgers.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
Rodster wrote:Is it do or die for Jeff Fisher this year? Both he and Joe Philbin have accomplished mediocrity.
It was that for me last year. Looks like the owner loves him.

This is our year! :lol: 8O
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brady suspension upheld.... now back to your 2015/16 Rams talk.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So apparently the commish did not like at all the fact that Brady disposed of his cellular. So what, as a lawyer you know that #12 was not under oath, so say he preferred iOS over Android. No subpoena power at all, no DA office involved, and now it's all before the courts. The appeal process may take forever, while Brady plays for another championship.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

:) :) :) @vader. Don't get me wrong, he's guilty as charged, just not enough for the league to fight a lengthy court fight.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Regardless of whether courts overturn this, this has tarnished his legacy in many peoples eyes. Many will now think of Tom Brady in the same breath as Armstrong, McGuire, Clemens and anyone else who was so arrogant they lied their ass off to protect their image.

The best part about this is destroying his cell phone doesn't get rid of those text messages. They can be retrieved, it's almost as if the NFL is daring him to take it to the courts so they can subpoenas the phone company and those messages can be brought out in the public.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Brady's favorite new website: http://swappa.com/
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Danimal wrote:Regardless of whether courts overturn this, this has tarnished his legacy in many peoples eyes. Many will now think of Tom Brady in the same breath as Armstrong, McGuire, Clemens and anyone else who was so arrogant they lied their ass off to protect their image.

The best part about this is destroying his cell phone doesn't get rid of those text messages. They can be retrieved, it's almost as if the NFL is daring him to take it to the courts so they can subpoenas the phone company and those messages can be brought out in the public.

Yeah again, people will remember the attempted coverup, the protracted battle to get rid of the suspension, all to clear his name, protect his legacy.

People will remember him for this hissy fit, probably more than the deflated balls. Every time his name is brought up, the 4 Superbowls (or however many he ends up with ) will be cited but so will Deflategate and if he does sue the league, being one of the few players to take the league to court.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Regardless of whether courts overturn this, this has tarnished his legacy in many peoples eyes. Many will now think of Tom Brady in the same breath as Armstrong, McGuire, Clemens and anyone else who was so arrogant they lied their ass off to protect their image.
I completely disagree with that entire statement. Yes, Brady may have doctored some balls, but comparing him with PED and Steroid users is a bit much. I hate Brady more than most (given my team alliance), and it doesn't change my view of him being a damn assassin on the football field. And it's not because the balls are under-inflated by 1psi. If anything this has tarnished the NFL more than Brady with the damn witch hunt. It's annoying really.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
I completely disagree with that entire statement. Yes, Brady may have doctored some balls, but comparing him with PED and Steroid users is a bit much. I hate Brady more than most (given my team alliance), and it doesn't change my view of him being a damn assassin on the football field. And it's not because the balls are under-inflated by 1psi. If anything this has tarnished the NFL more than Brady with the damn witch hunt. It's annoying really.
Totally agree with DB here. Yeah there is some tarnish but Armstrong? Clemens? McGuire? IMO that is really stretching it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesnt change my view of brady the player at all. One of the best of his time and all time. A winner.

As a person. He is still denying it... I havent decided if he is just a mega dumbass or just a piece of s*** or maybe a bit of both.

He has turned what have been a fine into all this s***.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Totally agree with DB here. Yeah there is some tarnish but Armstrong? Clemens? McGuire? IMO that is really stretching it.
Agree 1 zillion percent. Do baseball fans put Gaylord Perry and Joe Niekro and their history of doctoring the ball on the mound in the same class as steroid users like Bonds, McGwire, Canseco and Palmeiro?

Highly unlikely. So don't put Brady in that same group, either.

Nobody would care about this case if Matt Cassel or Alex Smith was caught doctoring balls. People hate Brady because he's arguably the best quarterback in the history of the NFL, is married to a supermodel, is good-looking, rich and plays for the most paranoid, secretive franchise in the NFL.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Oh sure people want to see the golden boy knocked down a peg or two.

But he apparently broke the rule, which however apparently minor makes for an unlevel playing field. The fumble numbers are pretty definitive.

He could have taken the penalty, even go through the appeal process and ultimately sat out the 4 games but he had to make waves about the injustice of it all.

And destroy the phone in a pique of petulance.

Now people will remember what a crybaby he was.

It may not be in his hall of fame display at Canton but guess what, most football fans don't visit the hall of fame. Instead, there will be thousands of tweets and videos mocking him and more people are likely to see those than the few who visit Canton to look at the official hagiography.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: I completely disagree with that entire statement. Yes, Brady may have doctored some balls, but comparing him with PED and Steroid users is a bit much. I hate Brady more than most (given my team alliance), and it doesn't change my view of him being a damn assassin on the football field. And it's not because the balls are under-inflated by 1psi. If anything this has tarnished the NFL more than Brady with the damn witch hunt. It's annoying really.
You completly miss my point. If he had said, I told them I like the balls with less air and claimed ignorance to the rules he would of gotten zilch. Instead he lied, impeded an investigation and got other people to lie for him and continues to lie because he thinks he is above the rules. It's his arrogance in the cover up I'm comparing him to those other people, not the act of deflating a football.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:It may not be in his hall of fame display at Canton but guess what, most football fans don't visit the hall of fame. Instead, there will be thousands of tweets and videos mocking him and more people are likely to see those than the few who visit Canton to look at the official hagiography.
And nearly all of that scorn will come from people who already hate Brady. So his net loss in the court of public opinion will be minimal in the long term, especially after he returns and leads the Pats deep into the playoffs.

Brady should have manned up after the Super Bowl and admitted guilt. No group offers more second chances than the American public. But this still won't be an indelible ink blot on his record, despite his incredible arrogance.

All will be forgotten once Brady steps on to the field for the first time this season Sunday night, Oct. 18 against -- wait for it, wait for it -- the Colts.

Mark it down: It will be the most-hyped, highest-rated regular-season game in NFL history. Brady probably will throw for 400 yards, Goodell will spew Miracle Whip in his tighty whities over the TV ratings, and everyone will be happy.
Last edited by pk500 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Brady should have manned up after the Super Bowl and admitted guilt.
Again its not his place in qb history thats taken a hit its his place as a man.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Brady should have manned up after the Super Bowl and admitted guilt.
Again its not his place in qb history thats taken a hit its his place as a man.
I really don't think he cares. I don't think anyone in the Pats' organization cares. That franchise and its management, coaches and players thrive on a "f*ck the world" attitude.

Brady is rich. He has a handful of Super Bowl rings. He's married to a supermodel. He's handsome. I don't think he gives two sh*ts about his perceived place as a man. That's obvious due to his continued insistence he did nothing wrong.

If anything, there are many Tom Bradys in the NFL, guys who have been pampered since they were in seventh grade, told they were better than most people, think their superhuman athletic feats put them above the law, have been showered with millions for playing a game and have been fawned over by tens of thousands of 50-year-old dorks wearing Brady replica jerseys and have Brady Fatheadz hanging in their "man caves."