NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:Has he stepped on anyone yet?
Not yet but he's mentoring 2nd rd pick Jordan Phillips. Maybe Phillips will do the stomping this year. :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Has he stepped on anyone yet?
Not yet but he's mentoring 2nd rd pick Jordan Phillips. Maybe Phillips will do the stomping this year. :)
HA! :lol:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

New season of Hard Knocks. They need to get some new directors because some of the elements are getting stale:

- shots of the training facility/stadium as the lights and sprinklers are turned on
- a segment with the superstar, showing how hard he trains.
- colorful head coach, going around chewing people out or encouraging certain players, with a lot of expletives.
- rookies being featured, both top picks and lower picks or UDFAs, who are borderline to make the roster.

What was kind of new was the extended scrimmages against the Redskins. They cut off the fight too early.

Still pretty entertaining. Participation is compulsory but so far, you don't see signs of anyone not wanting to cooperate with the filming crew. Or they just edit out the ones who tell the camera crew to f*** off.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:I'll take all the help I can get.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level ... ords-knees
Im signing. :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rams - Raiders tomorrow.. WOO HOO!!!

Time for an avatar change to support the Rams staying in STL!

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

MizzouRah wrote:Rams - Raiders tomorrow.. WOO HOO!!!

Time for an avatar change to support the Rams staying in STL!

NFL doesn't want Cronkey to build a new stadium with only his money because it would set a bad precedent for other owners looking to get sweetheart deals from other cities.

They also prefer the Carson stadium deal, because they'd get additional land there, where they'd build the new headquarters for the NFL Network, hold the draft there and so forth.

They'd put the Chargers and maybe the Raiders there.

Cronkey and NFL may be headed for a lawsuit.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

wco81 wrote:

NFL doesn't want Cronkey to build a new stadium with only his money because it would set a bad precedent for other owners looking to get sweetheart deals from other cities.

They also prefer the Carson stadium deal, because they'd get additional land there, where they'd build the new headquarters for the NFL Network, hold the draft there and so forth.

They'd put the Chargers and maybe the Raiders there.

Cronkey and NFL may be headed for a lawsuit.
True.. but money always talks.. and Cronkey is loaded.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I think it would be great if they moved to Chicago.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

didn't need to see Wilfork's oozing shoes on Hard Knocks.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If Griffin III doesn't get better protection and keeps getting tossed like a puppet like he did today, it'll be another shortened season sadly for WAS fans and RG III. Although he seemed to hurt himself while he was trying to leave from the pocket and everyone else piled on him, if the Redskins don't have a running game going, relying on Griffin's aerial arsenal with the type of protection he got today is suicidal.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:If Griffin III doesn't get better protection and keeps getting tossed like a puppet like he did today, it'll be another shortened season sadly for WAS fans and RG III. Although he seemed to hurt himself while he was trying to leave from the pocket and everyone else piled on him, if the Redskins don't have a running game going, relying on Griffin's aerial arsenal with the type of protection he got today is suicidal.
RG III is shot, protection or not. Redskins and Shanahan ruined him as a rookie, continuing to play him on a torn knee ligament.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I once thought the Saints gave up way to much to get Ricky Williams in the draft. The Redskins made them look like geniuses and I agree with PK, the Shanahans ruined him.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:If Griffin III doesn't get better protection and keeps getting tossed like a puppet like he did today, it'll be another shortened season sadly for WAS fans and RG III. Although he seemed to hurt himself while he was trying to leave from the pocket and everyone else piled on him, if the Redskins don't have a running game going, relying on Griffin's aerial arsenal with the type of protection he got today is suicidal.
RG III is shot, protection or not. Redskins and Shanahan ruined him as a rookie, continuing to play him on a torn knee ligament.
Listening to RG3 talk it's obvious he is delusional about his talent as a QB. I'm not just speaking of his 'I think I'm the best QB in the league' comment. His normal 'media speak' is quite telling. You keep waiting for someone to reach over and tap him on the shoulder and say, "dude, be quiet....you just aren't that good." He's obviously a hell of an athlete but so are a lot of people. He hits me as a guy that is used to being put on a pedestal. I could be wrong. I don't question his work ethic. Seems like a hard worker. That being said, professional sports is a much different animal than your average occupation. Hard work doesn't always equate to success. During my baseball career I saw MANY guys work their ass off (I was one of them) and simply couldn't get to the level necessary to compete. To that point in our careers we had all experienced success and then it stops. It's a tough pill to swallow. Some just ignore the obvious signs and think it's something other than the true answer....you aren't good enough. Again, I could be wrong.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I didn't see the game but his backups did better? Of course against second and third string defenses but presumably they were playing with backup OL and receivers.

Maybe RG3 is holding onto the ball too long.

My recollection was Shanahan make him the most productive for most of that rookie season. Then RG3 buddied up to Snyder and got Shanahan fired.

He may yet get Gruden fired too.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Would you rather have RG3 or Teblow?

Go!
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Would you rather have RG3 or Teblow?

Go!
Christ, Tebow is projected as a #3. RG3 is supposed to be the #1. Apples and oranges.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: Christ, Tebow is projected as a #3. RG3 is supposed to be the #1. Apples and oranges.
Are you using code and saying Tebow is the 3rd coming of Christ? :D

I don't see how it is Apples and Oranges. These are your two QB's available to start a game, which one would you take and why?

EDIT: Just trying to get some non-Rams talk in here. Only so much of that circle jerk I can take :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Would you rather have RG3 or Teblow?

Go!
Neither, even in Buffalo while swimming in a sea of QB sh*t with Manuel, Cassel and Taylor.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: Christ, Tebow is projected as a #3. RG3 is supposed to be the #1. Apples and oranges.
Are you using code and saying Tebow is the 3rd coming of Christ? :D

I don't see how it is Apples and Oranges. These are your two QB's available to start a game, which one would you take and why?

EDIT: Just trying to get some non-Rams talk in here. Only so much of that circle jerk I can take :D
My apples/oranges statement was more in reference to RG3 being a fringe starter whose statements seem to be delusional about his situation and Tebow who is a 3rd stringer who has been as humble as he could possibly be. I don't think either is a very good QB but I think Tebow realizes his limits and is realist about being more a football player than simply a QB.

Obviously I'm an Eagle fan but I wasn't a Tebow hater or lover coming into this year. After watching/listening to him this camp I am a fan. I think he's going to make the Eagles 53 and have an impact. Kelly obviously has plans for him and, according to several reports today, is liking him more each day. Christian...not Christian I could care less. Tebow seems like a great guy/teammate so he's easy to root for.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Bradford took a couple of big hits.. smart to take him out after one series.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:Bradford took a couple of big hits.. smart to take him out after one series.
Yeah and one of them was a BS shot by Suggs. Bradford looked like he may have had a very slight case of the butterflies but he looked good. Can't wait to see more. Murray, Matthews and Sproles is one hell of a RB trio.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Yeah and one of them was a BS shot by Suggs. Bradford looked like he may have had a very slight case of the butterflies but he looked good. Can't wait to see more. Murray, Matthews and Sproles is one hell of a RB trio.
That did look like a cheapo shot. Baltimore had so many penalties.. looks like the refs are really clamping down this year.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So far the Dolphins starters on both sides of the ball have looked good. RT, actually threw deep a couple of times yesterday. One would have gone for a TD if not for a good defensive play. The other he overthrew Stills. Now, if they can only stay away from injuries they might make some noise in the East this year.