NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by Rodster »

I just saw the replay and the facemask was definitely hit but not grabbed. The hand slid over the facemask and grabbed the shoulder pad. That's what turned Aaron Rodgers around and not from the facemask hit. But he's going to get that call because he's Aaron Rodgers and his chin strap moved from the initial hit and not a grab of his facemask.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: Nice assumption. By rule it was, absolutely, a face mask. Hand hit the face mask prior to sliding to the edge of the shoulder pads. Christ, Rogers' helmet was crooked after the play. You know it and I know it. Even the 'on staff TV ref' agreed it was a penalty.
First the official is going to make that call in real time so having the benefit of a slow motion replay lets everyone b*tch to the NFL again.

Having said that, by rule it is not a penalty. There is an important line in the rule book you're leaving out

“If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

The problem is the rules are so messy right now no one can figure anything out. For example all the GB fans saying that was a PI it was not. The defender turned and was making a play on the ball, the WR tried to come back through the defender. It's not DPI but in today's NFL it's a 50/50 shot that it's called one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: Nice assumption. By rule it was, absolutely, a face mask. Hand hit the face mask prior to sliding to the edge of the shoulder pads. Christ, Rogers' helmet was crooked after the play. You know it and I know it. Even the 'on staff TV ref' agreed it was a penalty.
First the official is going to make that call in real time so having the benefit of a slow motion replay lets everyone b*tch to the NFL again.

Having said that, by rule it is not a penalty. There is an important line in the rule book you're leaving out

“If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

The problem is the rules are so messy right now no one can figure anything out. For example all the GB fans saying that was a PI it was not. The defender turned and was making a play on the ball, the WR tried to come back through the defender. It's not DPI but in today's NFL it's a 50/50 shot that it's called one.
Yes, in real time you pretty much have to call it. In super slow mo' I still think it was a face mask...but who am I. Any hand to the head of a QB is a penalty too. Of course you could argue he was out of the pocket and now a runner due to the crazy lateral play that was occurring. You could argue against a face mask but it was deemed a face mask by the "TV Ref" also...who had the benefit of the 'super slow mo'. I think he is more qualified than us :) Just sayin'.

I agree on the PI. That was good coverage and the announcers pretty much backed the call. Being a DB in the 21st century NFL must suck.

Anyways, I had Green Bay -2.5 so I liked the call :P
Last edited by Diablo25 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Agree with Dan. Benefit of doubt always goes to protection of players in close calls like this one, so the facemask call should not have surprised. Plus the visual of Rodgers' twisted helmet and dislodged chin strap weighed heavily in the official's decision to toss the yellow hanky.

Plus Aaron Rodgers and other stars get better calls. I question whether that flag would have been thrown for Brandon Weeden or EJ Manuel.

I'm more stunned at the Lions' pass defense on that final play. I can't recall seeing a cleaner catch of a howitzer Hail Mary in my life. Usually those balls are tipped or there's a ferocious mid-air struggle for the catch. Richard Rodgers' hands and arms were untouched. He boxed out the defender in a way that certainly planted a smile above on the great Moses Malone's face.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:You could argue against a face mask but it was deemed a face mask by the "TV Ref" also...who had the benefit of the 'super slow mo'. I think he is more qualified than us :) Just sayin'.
I was with you to this point. Mike Carey was one of the worst NFL Officials in the league and unlike the guy on Fox, he agrees with every call the officials make because he has not been out of the league long enough. In fact I even wonder if he was retired or let go.

Regardless it didn't cost Detroit the game, not knowing how to defend a Hail Mary is what cost them the game.
Follow Me on:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

pk500 wrote:I'm more stunned at the Lions' pass defense on that final play. I can't recall seeing a cleaner catch of a howitzer Hail Mary in my life. Usually those balls are tipped or there's a ferocious mid-air struggle for the catch. Richard Rodgers' hands and arms were untouched. He boxed out the defender in a way that certainly planted a smile above on the great Moses Malone's face.
The Lions were probably afraid of another penalty call and being overly cautious in the end zone.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lions' fans must keep asking themselves over and over "Why us again"? Agreed that Rodgers will get that call 9 out of 10 times but the winning TD was like a walk in the park for GB.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Lions' fans must keep asking themselves over and over "Why us again"? Agreed that Rodgers will get that call 9 out of 10 times but the winning TD was like a walk in the park for GB.
"Why us again?" Because they suck.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:Lions' fans must keep asking themselves over and over "Why us again"? Agreed that Rodgers will get that call 9 out of 10 times but the winning TD was like a walk in the park for GB.
"Why us again?" Because they suck.
Hey Detroit Lions Fans ,, BOO " FRICKIN HOO " .. Signed .. Cleveland Browns Fan :wink:

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

The fix is in
NFL wants green bay to win. That was an embarrassing call

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

That call in the UNC/Clemson game was way worse than anything I've ever seen in the NFL. Onside kick at the end of the game. The dipshit line judge calls offsides on the kickoff when no one was within two yards of the kickoff. Soooo. Not sure what he was looking at.

Officials just suck in general.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:That call in the UNC/Clemson game was way worse than anything I've ever seen in the NFL. Onside kick at the end of the game. The dipshit line judge calls offsides on the kickoff when no one was within two yards of the kickoff. Soooo. Not sure what he was looking at.

Officials just suck in general.
Wow, I just saw that! That was hideous. That line judge must have had $$$ on the game. Seriously, that official needs to be reprimanded.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Cool video aristo

Now back to My gutless quitter lambs...

Another amazing coaching job being done By DSP's most worshipped nfl head coach!

They look they are in love though I heard on the internet that they had never met... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Sure thing Robbie not a sure thing today. Why today Robbie why today.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

When did the whiners get a qb?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

A catch much less than Megatrons vs Bears a few years back is now a catch.

That rule was made for the sole purpose that the NFL could dictate outcomes.

Disgraceful.

Scum.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Suck it New England
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:Suck it New England
Up your ass hoodie you c***!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Eagles lucky with wack special teams plays. Offense still awful. And I'm a fan.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Up your ass hoodie you c***!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Carolina wins as the NFL cheats.

WOW

That rule only had one purpose to dictate outcomes and it did yet again today.

I guess job well done 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

webdanzer wrote:
Eagles lucky with wack special teams plays. Offense still awful. And I'm a fan.
No negativity today.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The Bears basically lost to a team playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I'm mad at myself for them suckering me in only to see the same old stuff we always see. If you play conservative all the time you may be in every game but you'll lose more than you'll win.

Anyone who wonders why John Fox is available only has to look at his late game decision making. It's easy to blame the kicker who seems to be coming back to human standards this year but with the field position the Bears had in the first quarter to only get 6 points was just suckage.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

For 34:

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL