NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:Did Fisher throw 4 f***in int's and miss 3 FG's???

A definite winnable game today vs Green Bay but it's not Fisher's fault.
Okay its your fault then!

At what point is this f***in asshole held accountable?

His eighth year or ninth year???????????

f***in bullshit!

Disgusted already!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick of it!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:
10spro wrote:Heartbreaking loss. When the FG hit the left pole, I thought for a second that SEA had another crack at it in OT. But when you can't hold a 17 points lead with 15 minutes to go, you can say that they did not deserve to win. I am still blaming the entire OL which continues to fail at protecting R. Wilson.
One of the sacks in OT, he had like 3-4 seconds. Maybe his first read wasn't open, though Cincy did a good job of keeping him within the pocket, not letting him get outside contain and then the pocket would eventually collapse.

Since he's short, that is the theory about defending Wilson, contain him within the pocket, don't let him get outside to buy a lot of time and take advantage of coverage breaking down.

One thing about the use of Graham. Brees used to throw some quick seam passes to him after quick drops. He threw it up high and let Graham use his height and jumping ability and ball skills take over. Most safeties and LBs couldn't defend those, even if they were right by Graham.

I'm surprised Seattle doesn't do more of those. They've had success with those 50-50 balls, even with smaller WRs like Tate and Baldwin. And certainly with Kearse, who's bigger. They obviously drill their DBs and WRs well for high-pointing the ball so rather than have good play combination route concepts, they isolated their WRs and went for 50-50 balls.

You would think Graham would feast on those kinds of plays, kind of like what Brady does with Gronkowski sometimes. Doesn't really care if Gronkowski is getting any separation -- often he's just running straight down the seam, not even trying to come off a cut -- Brady just throws it high and let 6-7 work for him.
All good points. Thing is and it's only my theory as to why Jimmy Graham is not used more often, particularly in those routes that made him and Brees such an awesome tandem. SEA is missing dearly Wilson's favorite blocker in M. Unger who was traded for Graham. And they are using Jimmy's size to fill that void in key passing/run situations.

Problem is, Graham is not a very good blocker. An excellent receiver but not the role he's being assigned to do. The few times that he run those short 20-25 yards, he was great in doing so but hardly in the same capacity that he was being used in NO.

It's something the team needs to address rather soon, Schneider and Carroll didn't invest a first round pick in Graham for him to upgrade their running game as a blocker. He was brought in to diversify and strengthen the passing.

It was a thriller of a game today and Bengals pushed very hard to tie the game in the 4th. Seahawks' D did their job, but ultimately when they had to get close enough to get at least a FG in CIN territory, they could hardly master any threat in the last 20 minutes of the game because the OL was just under constant pressure. And Wilson was hit hard a couple of times.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

ScoopBrady wrote:Continued improvement from the Bears and that is exactly what you want to see in a season like this. Very happy with the win today.
I guess the Beats deserved to play a team imploding worse than they are. That was a vomit inducing game.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
Okay its your fault then!

At what point is this f***in asshole held accountable?

His eighth year or ninth year???????????

f***in bullshit!

Disgusted already!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick of it!
I'll take the blame! :)

I like Fisher... Philly didn't trade Foles because he's Brady... he's a capable QB.. but damn 4 INT's???????
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:[
I'll take the blame! :)
u are a far better man than fisher

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
:lol:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
:lol:
:wink:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Aristo wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Continued improvement from the Bears and that is exactly what you want to see in a season like this. Very happy with the win today.
I guess the Beats deserved to play a team imploding worse than they are. That was a vomit inducing game.
Let's go Hawks! You want some peanut butter with that jelly? ;) :P

I know I wasn't vomiting. The Chiefs really let one slip away. It seems like McPhee's blocked field goal really shifted momentum. Now if Jeffery could just get his delicate self on the field...
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

All I know is that Chicago can say...We're not Detroit!

The defense is really starting to come together much better than I expected. The Chefs are a bad team, but still impressive for the Bears to come back on the road after a terrible first half. I think that's the coaching change working -- no way does Mssr. Trestman rally the troops at halftime.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see the Chiefs lose to the Bears, too. 2 weeks ago, they are considered the worst team in the NFL. Now after the defense tightens up and they win 2 in a row, it's like..."well, at least the Chiefs suck, too!"

For a Raider fan, that's a good day. Seeing them lose Charles sickened me, though. He's a rare Chief that I can root for and always like to watch play the game.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

TCrouch wrote:I cannot tell you how happy I was to see the Chiefs lose to the Bears, too. 2 weeks ago, they are considered the worst team in the NFL. Now after the defense tightens up and they win 2 in a row, it's like..."well, at least the Chiefs suck, too!"

For a Raider fan, that's a good day. Seeing them lose Charles sickened me, though. He's a rare Chief that I can root for and always like to watch play the game.
I'm glad you feel that way. It will sting twice as much when the chiefs beat the Raiders twice late this season. :-)

And how's this for weird. I really like Derek Carr, and have used him a ton in MUT. I also think Del Rio is a great coach, and will probably turn the franchise around. Plus the Raiders drafted one of my favorite all-time Jayhawk football players in Ben Heeney. It's weird, but I have a hard time rooting against the Raiders right now. I like what they are doing a lot more than what the Chiefs are right now.

But when they line up against each other, "f*** the Raiders!"
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Any chance the Chiefs part with Andy Reid?

They could still end up with a decent record but it would be very hard to make the playoffs. Expectations were so high.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The No Fun League strikes again. Apparently some Colts fans wanted to fly this during Sundays game with the Pats and the team said NO.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

I think in this case that's the team helping out some morons who were throwing money at an impressively stupid plan. That's the best they could come up with? I would move away from Indianapolis just to disassociate from how stupid that idea was.

Not to mention they play in a dome most of the time.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The BEAST is back ! :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

OMG the NFL is embarrassing.

Thats a TD?

Up is down and down is up.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The BEAST is back ! :)

He's finally back to 100%.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bears coaching staff lost them that game. Scared bunch of !@#$!@, close a game out don't run 3 times when you haven't done s*** all day on the ground. If the Bears player didn't get hurt they would of let the clock run and they wouldn't of even had 21 seconds to try and force OT.

Then you got down the field in 21 seconds and tie it up to play it safe in OT. Disgusting and you're going to lose half the team after that display. Can't coach like you're afraid.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Bears lost that game with the help of the NFL.

Two BRUTAL DISGRACEFUL CALLS!!!!!!!!!

They needed to get that first down at the end of the game. That third down run was terrible!

Cutler was the Bears bright spot. 8)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Seahawks continue to blow 4th quarter leads into losses. :? Cam Newton came to play after a rather mediocre first half.

The fact that SEA's DB's are looking at each, shows me a trend in a wrong direction lately with this team. Time to get back to the drawing room.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Cam newton is under rated as hell. He's only ever had one stud receiver and he has been on some lousy teams. Put him on seattle instead of Wilson and they wouldn't have missed a beat. He's the Kevin garnett of the nfl. Awesome skills but zero support

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I went to the Bills-Cincinnati game yesterday at The Ralph. First NFL game for my sons, so it was massive fun.

If there's a better offensive line in the NFL this season than Cincinnati's, I haven't seen it. Dalton is playing superbly because he's not getting touched. The Bills' defense, while disappointing this year, didn't lay a finger on Dalton all day, much less sack him even once.

Bengals are legit. Second-best team in AFC behind New England.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Cincy and Andy Dalton is this years NFL feel good story. It's amazing what a good O-Line can do for a QB. The Dolphins even made Tyrod Taylor look like a perennial All-Pro because of a no pass rush D-Line. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Cincy is indeed a very good team. Coming back from a 17 points deficit vs the Hawks last weekend was impressive. I was watching the morning game yesterday before the Seattle game and Dalton looked like he had the whole day to throw the ball. With everyone focusing on A.J Green, Jones and Hill are as dangerous. They got some injuries from the game yesterday and while I am sure that they will be a threat in the playoffs, the question is how well will Dalton and the rest of the team handle the pressure in January.

Among the 6-0 teams, I am just doubtful of the Broncos.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Eifert is the second-best tight end in the league behind Gronk. Maybe the most anonymous superstar in the NFL.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425