NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by TCrouch »

I have experienced a lot of let-downs from the Raiders over the past decade and a half. None felt worse than this one. Most of the time they do some good things in an offseason and there's a cautious optimistic tone. Then they come out and lay an egg in the first week and it's half-expected.

This year, the vibe felt different. Even reporters said it felt different. They signed guys that seemed smart (other than Aldon Smith, but they need a pass rusher, so it is what it is), and in preseason they looked at least competent. The only hesitation I had was Carr's knack for throwing balls high toward the sideline, and that continued against Cincy.

But that display of ineptitude yesterday was every bit as bad as a Jamarcus Russell-led offense. The first SNAP they ran in Cincy territory was halfway through the fourth quarter, at which point they were already down 33-0.

Haven't been so hopeful, and felt so let down after week 1 before. I know, I know, it's week one. But damn, they looked like they didn't even belong in the same league. Then to lose your starting QB to a hand injury, and your starting FS to a nasty knee injury...doesn't look like it'll get better soon.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Keep the faith for my boy Latavius Murray, Terry! He went to high school one district away from where I live, at a rural school that's in the smallest high school classification in New York state.

A real rags-to-riches story. I'm always pulling for Tay.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Agree on Coughlin. Carroll always has been a swashbuckler, so the onsides kick wasn't THAT out of character.

But throwing on third-and-goal with a lead when your opponent has no time outs inside of 1:30 remaining in the game? Pop Warner coaches know to run in that situation. Coughlin is losing it.
Nothing wrong with the onside kick. If they get the ball, they only need a FG to win because the Rams technically had a chance to possess the ball. As it was, the Rams needed the TD to win on their first possession. So no biggie really either way. You're just giving up the field position if you don't get it. Not sure why he made excuses and said it was supposed to be a squib kick. No point in doing that at all.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, Latavius has been somebody I've been excited about since they drafted him. But when RT Menelik Watson went down to an Achilles in the 3rd preseason game and Austin Howard inexplicably kept double-teaming the wrong guy, letting dudes come flying through untouched...it's tough for him to run.

Tay-Train is definitely not the problem.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:Agree on Coughlin. Carroll always has been a swashbuckler, so the onsides kick wasn't THAT out of character.

But throwing on third-and-goal with a lead when your opponent has no time outs inside of 1:30 remaining in the game? Pop Warner coaches know to run in that situation. Coughlin is losing it.
Nothing wrong with the onside kick. If they get the ball, they only need a FG to win because the Rams technically had a chance to possess the ball. As it was, the Rams needed the TD to win on their first possession. So no biggie really either way. You're just giving up the field position if you don't get it. Not sure why he made excuses and said it was supposed to be a squib kick. No point in doing that at all.
By no means it was a do or die decision where a playoffs spot was on the line, only game one for any panic pushing button unless they get K. Chancellor back (the tying TD doesn't happen with him on the field). The thing with Carroll is that he always thinks that the will automatically outsmart the opponent.

When they lost the coin toss, the plan was simple. Pin the Rams in their own 20, unleash the legion of Boom minus K.Chancellor, get good field position and let Wilson do his magic. But Wilson had an awful day. In failing the onside kick, they gave great field advantage to the Rams who happen to have a cannon of a leg in their kicker and couldn't stop a Ram D that was pretty damn good yesterday.

And when you get sack 6 times with a guy that can run away like Houdini, you know that your OL just plain sucked. Considering they were trailing for 3 quarters and not much was clicking for them until the 4th, I would have kicked the ball into the Rams 20 and take it from there.

Let's not kid each other here, Carroll is just outsmarting himself.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Who are you kidding Pete? A miss kick? Look at the side spin he's putting into the ball. It would have worked, if it was a Brady ball.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Agreed.. I actually liked the call. Their defense did what they had to and only allowed a FG, so they had a chance to tie or win it. If they recover it and kick a FG and win, everyone is talking about what a gutsy call that was.

Coughlin.. well.. WTF was he thinking?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Handed Cowboys game.

Cutler didnt cost the Bears game. They lost because they couldnt stop the Packers but he did seal their fate with that pick. Cutler will always be Cutler and as Rob will tell ya I have an anti Cutler agenda. :P

I loved the onside call. Loved it! I was sure the Rams were going to lose until that happened. :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... wboys-game

This article is weird but that's not why i am posting it. The first comment for it reads:
So who told my Raiders not to score?
It made me laugh and think of Terry :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I like the 9ers in an "upset" tonight. So much so that I put 20 on it. Vikings always blow it in prime time. I have a sneaking feeling Peterson gets injured, too.

I like Philly too

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... wboys-game

This article is weird but that's not why i am posting it. The first comment for it reads:
So who told my Raiders not to score?
It made me laugh and think of Terry :D
Pretty much. I sat in stunned disbelief for the first 2 quarters. Then I was just angry for the last 2.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

LMAO at that illegal contact call.

NFL refs u have become an NBA style joke.

Disgraceful.

EDIT: good to see the worms at espn have one of goodells houseboys licking the nfls clit as their ref expert.

espn and the nfl trash plus s*** equal filth.

Why dont I watch espn? I cant figure it out.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Looks like The Rams got the better of that deal. :D

Its early but I likes it...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Absolutely hideous first half by my Birds against a team they, IMO, are far better than. I'd have went for it instead of attempting the FG but that's neither here nor there. By the way, I believe the Eagles should have challenged the spot on the 3rd down prior to the FG attempt. Matthews was definitely closer to the first down than what was spotted. The Eagles lost the game when they laid a huge f***in egg in the first half. Maxwell was a huge disappointment. Sure Julio is a top WR but Maxwell needs to be better. Games like that are what cost you a playoff appearance. I could F'n puke right now.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

As a Bears fan I have to relish in other teams losing for enjoyment this year, I admit it's pathetic but I wonder how Murray liked his 8 carries for 9 yards.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Vikings come out with a pop warner game plan and are totally out of sync. I honestly feel bad for the die hard fans of this squad. They will just string you along then rip your heart out. UGLY football game so far.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Nothing makes me happier than seeing the obnoxious fans quieted quickly. No one here...but Eagles fans thinking they have gods gift of a coach and the best roster in the league...I've heard it for weeks. It's nice that I can at least now get a week off.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Insult to injury. First you watch your team get their s*** pushed in, then you get your own ass kicked in the parking lot.

http://deadspin.com/video-shows-49ers-f ... socialflow

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Alcohol and stupidity.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Nothing makes me happier than seeing the obnoxious fans quieted quickly. No one here...but Eagles fans thinking they have gods gift of a coach and the best roster in the league...I've heard it for weeks. It's nice that I can at least now get a week off.
Ahh, every team has those fans not just the Eagles. Usually they are bullwinkles. We've all been around the block and can spot them a mile away. To be honest, some of the most obnoxious fans in PA are Steelers fans. Default argument on everything is all their super bowl rings. Week 1 there are a lot of mirages. We won't really have a clue on the true prime time teams for a number of weeks.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

fletcher21 wrote:Insult to injury. First you watch your team get their s*** pushed in, then you get your own ass kicked in the parking lot.

http://deadspin.com/video-shows-49ers-f ... socialflow
Yeah, but it's only Philly fans that act like this. Dumbass fans are EVERYWHERE.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Unreal choke by kc

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Agree, KC gave that game away, but Denver looks pretty shaky right now, too. Bet they wouldn't mind having John Fox back in place of Kubiak.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Diablo25 wrote:To be honest, some of the most obnoxious fans in PA are Steelers fans. Default argument on everything is all their super bowl rings.
I'd take that as a complement, but have you ever met fans of any Boston area sports teams?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:To be honest, some of the most obnoxious fans in PA are Steelers fans. Default argument on everything is all their super bowl rings.
Well I guess I gotta get in on the obnoxiousness then. :P

:wink:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone