Randomness

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Randomness

Post by vader29 »

C U next Tuesday :wink:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Wasn't sure where to put this, so here we go!

I wasn't able to make the premiere of the documentary, but this was a pretty nice write up for one of my favorite places on earth.

Remember the Outhouse? Filmmaker takes us inside Lawrence area venue even Ice-T ‘wouldn’t shut up about’
Filmmaker Brad Norman wasn’t sure what kind of response he would get. He wanted to interview rapper Ice-T about the Outhouse, a fabled house of punk outside Lawrence, Kan., back in the late ’80s and early ’90s.

Ice-T performed there with his band Body Count shortly after the 1992 debut of their controversial “Cop Killer” single.

Norman wasn’t expecting to be summoned into Ice-T’s presence virtually on the spot. “I was thinking in a couple of months,” Norman told the singer’s manager the first time they spoke.

Two months later, the manager told Norman why he had scored the meeting.

“Listen kid,” he said, “the only reason you’re getting this interview is because I’ve heard this ***dam Outhouse story 10,000 times. He won’t shut up about this place.”

This place burned into Ice-T’s memory existed in the where-the-hell-are-we remoteness of dirt roads and cornfields in Douglas County, Kansas.

Norman’s documentary, “The Outhouse: The Film, 1985-1997,” debuts Saturday, Oct. 14, to a sold-out crowd at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, ground zero for Outhouse memories. He is planning a Kansas City showing for January.
The first time Fugazi played there, band members were so afraid they stayed in their van until showtime.

Stark and brutal like the punk music played there, the Outhouse’s desolate location among tall corn made it the perfect place for brawling, under-age drinking and hiding from parents.

Defined by their taste in music, the patrons were punks. Kids with mohawks. Kids with mullets. Straight-laced. Skinheads. College kids. Sixth-graders.

Defined by where they went to hear it, they were children of the corn.

“Could a venue like the Outhouse exist in Brooklyn, New York? No. Could it exist in Manhattan? Could it exist in downtown Washington, D.C., or Boston, Massachusetts? No, no, no and no,” Henry Rollins, who fronted the California hardcore punk band Black Flag, says in the documentary.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I have been an Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, and University of Georgia Bulldogs fan since the early 1980s, so as you can imagine I have suffered mostly heartache for the last 30+ years, especially coming so close in both football championships and blowing it. However, the University of Georgia Men's Track Team just won their first NCAA Championships on Oregon's home turf, upsetting the FL Gators! Big props to throws superstar Denzel Comenentia who single handedly gave the Dawgs 20 of their 52 points winning both the Shot Put and the Hammer. The Lady Dawgs have the chance to make it a dual Championship win today avenging their "home cooking" 2nd place finish to the Oregon Ducks last year in Eugene. GO DAWGS!!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/trackfield-ou ... s-and-live
Last edited by DChaps on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Double random post :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Congrats to the Dawgs, Don! My son and I watched a lot of the Pac-12 Championships last week on TV. Excellent competition.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425