E3 Show 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: E3 Show 2015

Post by Danimal »

fanatic wrote: And I agree with db on the backwards compatibility stuff. To each his own though...nice if it was a feature from the start, but I find it nice to have in the first year of a new console, but that's it.
Do you own an XB1? Did you own a 360?

Rather important criteria for the announcement to mean anything to people I would think.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Danimal wrote:
fanatic wrote: And I agree with db on the backwards compatibility stuff. To each his own though...nice if it was a feature from the start, but I find it nice to have in the first year of a new console, but that's it.
Do you own an XB1? Did you own a 360?

Rather important criteria for the announcement to mean anything to people I would think.
No, I'm actually forming an opinion based on my feelings if the PS4 were backwards compatible. I know these consoles have nothing in common, but I thought I would "put myself in another's shoes" for a moment. Sorry if I offended you! C'mon dude, it's E3 - this is where we come together!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fanatic wrote: No, I'm actually forming an opinion based on my feelings if the PS4 were backwards compatible. I know these consoles have nothing in common, but I thought I would "put myself in another's shoes" for a moment. Sorry if I offended you! C'mon dude, it's E3 - this is where we come together!
I'm not offended I just making an observation. You don't own an XB1 or likely have 50+ 360 games. DB has made it clear time and again he prefers the PS4 and only has an XB1 for his wife. Why on earth would you care about BC on the XB1?

BTW Sony has backwards compatibility it's called PS Now and it cost money, do you prefer that method?

I own both consoles so while I would likely never pay to play my old PS3 collection the ability to do it for free is a great feature because I'm sure as hell not buying another 360 or PS3 when these die.

By all accounts it is being well received by Xbox owners and honestly that is really all that matters. It's not like MS is trying to convert PS only owners with this news they are just doing a solid for their fan base.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Oh and Horizon does look really good. Missed that in skimming the news this morning.
Follow Me on:

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Danimal wrote:
fanatic wrote: No, I'm actually forming an opinion based on my feelings if the PS4 were backwards compatible. I know these consoles have nothing in common, but I thought I would "put myself in another's shoes" for a moment. Sorry if I offended you! C'mon dude, it's E3 - this is where we come together!
I'm not offended I just making an observation. You don't own an XB1 or likely have 50+ 360 games. DB has made it clear time and again he prefers the PS4 and only has an XB1 for his wife. Why on earth would you care about BC on the XB1?

BTW Sony has backwards compatibility it's called PS Now and it cost money, do you prefer that method?

I own both consoles so while I would likely never pay to play my old PS3 collection the ability to do it for free is a great feature because I'm sure as hell not buying another 360 or PS3 when these die.

By all accounts it is being well received by Xbox owners and honestly that is really all that matters. It's not like MS is trying to convert PS only owners with this news they are just doing a solid for their fan base.
Fair points. I definitely don't want to diminish the excitement that XB1 owners are feeling over the announcement. Anything that Sony/MS does to improve the gamer experience is a win in my books. Agreed also that I'd take MS' approach over PS Now!

I was just pointing out that the idea of BC (for either consoles) isn't a major issue for me, that's all. Didn't want it to come of as fanboy-ish.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fanatic wrote: I was just pointing out that the idea of BC (for either consoles) isn't a major issue for me, that's all. Didn't want it to come of as fanboy-ish.
I'm normally the same. However in this case i have close to 100 360 games, some of which I would love for my kids to play. Plus the ability to play franchises that are never coming back like NCAA Football and Basketball among others would be nice.

I'd rather be talking about the 25+ new games we would be getting for either console but everything is so slow to develop anymore the cupboard is bare. I'm dying to play No Man's Sky, The Division, the new Ghost Recon, Recore etc. I think of all the games we see revealed this week less than 20% of them will be released in 2015 and that might be too high a guess.

As I type this I can't even think of the next major release.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:DB has made it clear time and again he prefers the PS4 and only has an XB1 for his wife. Why on earth would you care about BC on the XB1?
I guess you haven't been paying attention lately, which I'd ignore me too so no offense taken. I've got TWO XB1s (that's ONE more XB1 than PS4s I've got!)...and not just for my wife. Forza, Forza Horizon, Golf Club and a few others are played on it. I've got no problem with the XB1...yes I still prefer the PS4 for most multi-platform games and that's just because the XB1 is a dog performance wise...but a year and a half after release is a pointless time to me to unveil BC. If the PS4 announced backwards compatibility tomorrow, I'd not give a f*ck about that too...it has nothing to do with the platform, it has to do with the timing.

And don't forget...it's not ALL games. So that 100 game library might only have a few that are available for BC. They're adding more and more as they go but I'd imagine MS games are first, then the rest.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yes, one article mentioned that sports games may not become BC because of licensing, etc.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My bad DB, you're right not as observant as I used to be. :D
Follow Me on:

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

as an individual with a broken PS3 (and large PS3 library), i would kill for a backward compatible PS4 offering.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don't mind one bit the BC compatibility. Would I pay for the feature if MS decided to charge us? NO. But I don't have a 360 any longer and quite a bit of digital content attached to it. Games like Borderlands 2. The BC gives me a chance now to upload my saves and continue on with the "Handsome Collection' on the X1. Is it too late? Well, maybe MS would have sold more consoles if it had this feature earlier but it's free and I welcome the addition.

Now, regarding that Elite controller...Not sure if I would pay that extra cash.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Backwards compatibility is not being thrown in for current owners of XB1's. It's Microsoft's hope that it will help stem the tide of 360 owners jumping to the PS4. If you have instant access to games you are playing on the 360 on the XB1, it makes it pretty easy to sell it and upgrade. The fight Microsoft has right now is to retain those 360 owners. They should, theoretically, be less expensive to keep than trying to bring in new costumers.

For me, I have 53 games on my 360 hard drive. Right now, six of them are available to me right now on the XB1. I downloaded and played some of Super Meatboy last night. Interestingly, many of them are freebies from GWG. We'll see if games that really matter ever get added to the list. There are quite a few I would love to add to my XB1's external hard drive.

But really, all it can do is get me to buy fewer games. This was not put in place to appease me. It is all about getting games that have stuck with last gen because that's where the games they love are. Microsoft needs to add the right mix of games sooner than later to make this work. But more importantly, it really needs to work better than Xbox Originals on the 360. Super Meatboy was pretty great last night. We'll see if games like Halo Reach measure up.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TheTruth wrote:Think I got everybody that asked for an invite. :mrgreen:
I didn't get any message via xbox live is that how it is delivered? I appreciate the invite.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Wow, EA Sports thinks so much of RM PGA TOUR they gave it all of about 32 seconds of video and only mentioned "our first Golf game on Frostbite 3"......I'm not encouraged by this even though I know Golf is not the money maker that Madden, FIFA, Star Wars, etc. If that is all we hear about for RM, this could be a one and done series.....

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:
I didn't get any message via xbox live is that how it is delivered? I appreciate the invite.
It's not immediate. Microsoft still has to process/approve then you will get a live message from them with the invitation and link to download the app. May take them a few days or so.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ah got it. Thanks again!
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:Wow, EA Sports thinks so much of RM PGA TOUR they gave it all of about 32 seconds of video and only mentioned "our first Golf game on Frostbite 3"......I'm not encouraged by this even though I know Golf is not the money maker that Madden, FIFA, Star Wars, etc. If that is all we hear about for RM, this could be a one and done series.....
Honestly, they didn't do much for any of their sports games. I'm assuming that they just figured out that sports games are terribly reciever at E3.

I think this photo says everything you need to know about EA Sports at E3.

Last edited by Aristo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

9 hours in, and Shenmue smashes it's Kickstarter target.

thereby confirming individuals in this country, have their financial priorities in order.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

i still get a kick out of that old Mega64 video they did on Shenmue where the guy walks around talking to people like Ryu and security gets called on him. Good stuff.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

For those who care there is a 9pm ET Pc Gaming press conference. First time thing if I'm not mistaken. You can watch it here.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/12/877467 ... right-here
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Wow, EA Sports thinks so much of RM PGA TOUR they gave it all of about 32 seconds of video and only mentioned "our first Golf game on Frostbite 3"......I'm not encouraged by this even though I know Golf is not the money maker that Madden, FIFA, Star Wars, etc. If that is all we hear about for RM, this could be a one and done series.....
Honestly, they didn't do much for any of their sports games. I'm assuming that they just figured out that sports games are terribly reciever at E3.

I think this photo says everything you need to know about EA Sports at E3.

I know that guy...he is the forum Tiger Community Manager John Coleman...

https://www.easports.com/pga-tour/news/ ... 4484284128

I just threw up in my mouth.....Thought the series might get a fresh reboot with this 2 year hiatus. Looking for a 360 and TW14.....

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

The only game I'd be excited about BC for would be the last Splinter Cell game. That game was a freakin' blast and got cut way short with the new console launch.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The new Ghost Recon game looked damn good too. Should be a good one for some of the boys here :)

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

sportdan30 wrote:
Got one more??? :D
Sent
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here's another reason why the BC works for me. I got so many songs purchased on the 360.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rock- ... confirmed/