NHL 16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 16

Post by Inuyasha »

It's been a rough start for this game, but right now, the gameplay is terrific.

I played some PLAY NOW games the last few days, and the CPU offense is impressive.

When they get hot, they get really agressive which is finally nice to see in this series.

I just hope EA doesn't make any changes to screw this up.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I started over with the out of the box tuner and I'm having a lot of fun with some very minor slider tweaks. I'm scared to go online because it will make me use the latest tuner.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

[
Check out all of the details below, taken from the PlayStation 4 NHL 16 Update History.<br />
<br />
<b>EASHL Club Challenges</b><br />
* Select Club Challenge dressing room and search for the team you wish to challenge. When both teams are ready to play, send the challenge and start your game. The game will only count towards your Pro's Player Badges progression and personal stats.<br />
<br />
<b>EASHL AI Goalies</b><br />
* AI goalie attributes will be lowered in the situation where a player controlled goalie drops from game to be fair for the other team<br />
<br />
<b>Gameplay Tuner Download Update</b><br />
* When a new Gameplay Tuner is available to download it will show up in the NHL 16 main menu. <i>Note from Millennium - Settings still only show V1.00 or Latest for tuner selections</i><br />
<br />
<b>Gameplay</b><br />
* Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier<br />
* Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck<br />
* Tuned down the ability for players to perform defensive deflections behind them<br />
* Pokechecks will now only connect with strength on the way out, not on the sticks return back to the player<br />
* Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass<br />
* The AI will no longer auto pass when a Player does a manual windup for a show outside of the offensive zone<br />
* Increased the effect of the pass reception slider in the gameplay setting<br />
* Addressed issue where the gosalie Butterflu Sliders weren't overriding Precision Motion<br />
* Addressed issue where some players would be stuck in goalie control after making a pass as a goalie<br />
* Added butterflu slides out of both VH and Hug Post to make it easier to slide across out of those positions<br />
* User controlled goalie will now face the puck earlier as it is carried towards them<br />
* Goalies now receive the puck more cleanly with their stick from a standing position<br />
* Addressed issue where a goalie woudl sometimes get stuck sliing in the butterfly<br />
* Pucks can no longer be chopped if the stick goes through the goalie first so that they behave the same as pokechecks<br />
* Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck<br />
* Fixed issue where User players woudl sometimes be stuck on the bench while an AI player played for them after situations where they served a penalty<br />
* Added more conditions in goalie interference logic to increase accuracy to the calls for both allowed and disallowed goals<br />
* Fixed the button callout for accepting fights when using Hybrid controls<br />
* Added ability for Precision Skating to trigger at lower speeds<br />
* Fixed issues with the True Broadcast camera pan direction in Shootouts<br />
* Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot<br />
* AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them<br />
* Fixed issue where shot accuracy was too high on hardcore gamestyle when spinning around before taking a slapshot<br />
* Fixed issue where in some cases, the AI goalie wouldn't track the shoowing position properly when a player was rolling the puck back before shooting in a shootout scenario<br />
<br />
<b>Be A Pro</b><br />
* Increased the likelihood of being drafted if the user starts in the CHL<br />
* Enabled the user to switch between Classic and Authentic styles after entering the mode<br />
* Decreased the likelihood of the game switching between Classic and Authentic automatically<br />
* Players will not get penalized for long shifts until 10 seconds after they are called to the bench<br />
<br />
<b>Coaching Feedback and On-Ice Trainer</b><br />
* On-Ice Trainer visualizations will now show up for both teams if there are local users on both the home and away teams<br />
* Feedback hints can now be shown when Control hints are disabled<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Classic BAP players will not lose excessive Endurance experience for long shifts<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Fix for some coaching instructions not clearing quickly enough<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Defensive letter grades now accumulate correctly in EASHL<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Tie-ups and stick lifts from faceoff grip positions were not counting as using that grip in coaching feedback<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Deflections no longer awarded to defensive players blocking shots<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Blocked shots that hit sticks no longer count as blocked passes if there was a recent pass<br />
* Coaching Feedback - Shot blocks now count if they hit your stick<br />
<br />
<b>Be A GM</b><br />
* Decreased amount of Team and Player meetings that occur during a season<br />
* Decreased the amount of points an average defenseman gets during a sim<br />
* Added a setting to Disable Team and Player Meetings<br />
* Decreased the impact of team chemisty on the sim engine<br />
<br />
<b>Presentation</b><br />
* Added the Moncton Wildcats 3rd Jersey<br />
* Added the Frolunda Indians Home and Away Jerseys<br />
* Added the Providence Bruins 3rd Jersey<br />
* Added the Nashville Predators Golden Alternate Jersey<br />
* Added the New York Islanders 3rd Jersey<br />
* Added the Hershey Bears 3rd Jersey<br />
* Added the Texas Stars Home and Away jerseys<br />
* Added the Wilkes Barre Penguins 3rd Jersey<br />
* Improvements for Grand Rapids Home and Away Name plate bar fix<br />
* Improvements for Kamloops Blazers Home and Away number color fixes, "C/A" placement fix<br />
* Fix the Montreal Canadiens Home jersey eyelet and collar lace<br />
* Updated various center ice designs for authenticity<br />
* Updated various goal horns and goal song timing for authenticity<br />
* Added 15 female heads to create player selection<br />
* Equipment - Added Brian's Sub Zero 3 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper<br />
* Equipment - Added Vaughn Vintage Goalie pads, blocker and trapper<br />
* Equipment - Added Ventus LT98 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper<br />
* Equipment - Added CCM 4-Roll Pro III glove
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Sorry for the hack job. Copy and paste from. Tapatalk on my phone.......

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Glad to see they're still working on poke-check issues. I wish they had kept in the massive nerf, but reducing poke checks from behind and causing the players to slow down when repeatedly poking are good ideas.

Now they just need to add the new sharks throwback third jersey.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

make sure you Dragons get the update early. If we get a good turn out then we will be testing out the club challenge part of the update, i dont have high hopes for it being smooth but at least more than 5 Dragons will be able to play now. Maybe.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

It plays a bit slower. I thought the last version was very good.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm getting like 15 games into two different BeaGM's now and there is always some stupid goal that makes me shut the game off and tell myself I'm done.

First BeaGM, goal goes right through my goalie's pads and I lose the game. I start over and turn goalie reaction time all the way up... get about 15 games in and on a PP the team I'm facing clears the puck from behind their goalie and my goalie lifts up his pad and the puck goes right into the net. The puck was going like 2 MPH.. I immediately turned the game off.

They need to rework the goalies, the defensive AI and some other stuff. It's like nothing has changed since the move to next gen. Hell.. previous gen was better than NHL 15/16 next gen, imho.

There is a lot to like about NHL 16.. but it's the stupid on ice/game play stuff that has me wanting to call it a year.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

2 FREE GOLD HUT PACKS RIGHT NOW!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I started over.. latest roster and 11/13 tuner.

So far so good... I'm 8 games in and sitting at 6-2. I'm pretty much on default AS/Hardcore.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

i keep flipping back and forth between manual passing on, or off. With it off, I can match the AI for fast quick passes, whereas with it on, it takes way too long to charge up a pass to equal the AIs ability to sling it around.

However, sometimes it puts full speed on passes where i wouldn't, and when it misses, goes flying down for icings......

just wish there was some kind of compromies.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ive been playing HUT and it's really fun. I can win on superstar but it's a real challange but well worth it. There is a sense of earning goals on superstar level in HUT. I get pumped when I setup a play to score.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Back to playing this game lately and I'm really enjoying it. I still have games here and there where it seems the CPU is on a mission to score when it decides to, but most often the games are competitive and fun.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

There was a patch, tuner and roster update recently. One of the patch notes mentioned bigger player separation and the last few games have really been excellent for me. I definitely notice player separation now and stud goaltenders are tough to score on, you really have to work for those high % shots now. Very happy!

Game is loose and the AI seems better.

I've played 79 games, only 3 games left until the playoffs, I'm tied for 1st with Nashville with 107 points. The Islanders are leading by 2 points over Pittsburgh in the EC. Worst team has been Vancouver, they are rebuilding though and have traded away Daniel Sedin. Detroit is doing the same and traded away Henrik Zetterberg.

I did get offered Mark Streit from Philadelphia and took the trade for a draft pick and a couple of young players. He really solidified our defense. Tarasenko leads with 32 goals, Steen has like 60 points.

Tough part is who to start in goal once the playoffs get here.. both Allen and Elliott have been great the past month or so.

We need to win the cup THIS YEAR.. our team is going to be much younger next season as we have many of our older vets due for contracts and have some nice young prospects that will see the NHL next season.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Nashville wins the President's Cup with 113 points. We tie Chicago with 111 but finish 2nd due to more games won.

With the way the playoffs work now, we have to face Chicago, ugh.

Game 1 - freaking intense game (I had surround sound up quite a bit) Chicago is so hard to play against and Crawford is as tough as it gets to score on. I started Allen and he gives up 2 goals in the first 8 minutes, so I pull him for Elliott and we get one back in the 2nd period from Berglund to make it 2-1. They would add their 3rd goal on a deflection that Elliott got a piece of and it just trickled into the goal. They would add an empty netter to win Game 1, 4-1.

The whole game my hands were sweating and the crowd noise was fantastic. Too bad I couldn't send the fans home happy. Game 2 we have to figure out Crawford or this will be a quick series!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:Nashville wins the President's Cup with 113 points. We tie Chicago with 111 but finish 2nd due to more games won.

With the way the playoffs work now, we have to face Chicago, ugh.

Game 1 - freaking intense game (I had surround sound up quite a bit) Chicago is so hard to play against and Crawford is as tough as it gets to score on. I started Allen and he gives up 2 goals in the first 8 minutes, so I pull him for Elliott and we get one back in the 2nd period from Berglund to make it 2-1. They would add their 3rd goal on a deflection that Elliott got a piece of and it just trickled into the goal. They would add an empty netter to win Game 1, 4-1.

The whole game my hands were sweating and the crowd noise was fantastic. Too bad I couldn't send the fans home happy. Game 2 we have to figure out Crawford or this will be a quick series!
Thats pretty cool. I stopped half way thru season. Maybe Ill start again.

What level are you playing on? sliders?

Why are you Nashville?

When you coming out Dragons?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
Thats pretty cool. I stopped half way thru season. Maybe Ill start again.

What level are you playing on? sliders?

Why are you Nashville?

When you coming out Dragons?
I'm the Blues silly. :) I need to play with the Dragons, yes sir!

AS sliders.. see below.

Below are the ONLY things I've changed from DEFAULT - AS/HARDCORE

Quick Settings
Difficulty ALL STAR
Game Style HARDCORE (custom)
Period Length 7 MINUTES
Camera DYNAMIC MED
Shootout DYNAMIC LOW

Game Speed -1 (2)
Gameplay Version Latest (make sure to use the latest tuner)

Aggression +1
Aggression +1

Passing
Manual Passing OFF
Pass Assist 3 (MIDDLE)

AI
AI Faceoff Difficulty +1
CPU Penalties 6 (MAX)
CPU Teammate Penalties 6 (MAX)
Fight Difficulty +1
CPU Strategy Adjustment -1 (MIDDLE)
User Strategy Adjustment +3 (same as CPU) (Leave at 0 if you do your own during the game)

Goalies
Goalie Reaction Speed +1 (1 tick left of MAX)
Goalie Reaction Speed +1 (1 tick left of MAX)
Goalie Screen Effect -1 (2)
Goalie Screen Effect -1 (2)

Rules
Fighting 2 (MAX)
Icing Hybrid Icing
Injuries On
Offsides Delayed
Penalties MAX
Penalty Time Scaling 3 (MIDDLE)
Post Whistle Rules AUTHENTIC

Advanced Settings
Away Shot Aim AUTO (manual if you like to aim)
Home Shot Aim AUTO (manual if you like to aim)

Visual Settings
Indicator Size SMALL
Puck Highlight SMALL
Puck Size AUTHENTIC

On Ice Trainer
ALL OFF

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Doh! Yes of course you are the Blues.

Thanks for the settings.

We play every friday and saturday.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:Doh! Yes of course you are the Blues.

Thanks for the settings.

We play every friday and saturday.
Sounds good.. let me figure this mode out for playing with you guys.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Well crap... we just cannot beat Crawford and you screw up one rush and Chicago is going the other way with numbers. We lose 3-1 and look like we are heading out yet once again in the first round. We need to win on the road, which we have been good this season, but I'm getting more and more grey hair each time I play the Blackhawks.

The game is awesome though.. such a battle back and forth. It really seems magnified in playoffs.. like a different game for the better.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

BAM! We come out hitting everything and really take it to Chicago in Game 3. We allow only 3 shots in the first period and a total of 19 shots as we cruise to a 4-0 shutout win over the Blackhawks!!!

Can we do the same in Game 4 and go back to St. Louis with an even series?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Good luck :wink:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:Good luck :wink:
Thanks! I will definitely need it! :lol: :D :twisted:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lost Game 4, 4-3 and had my chances, including a 5 on 3 power play. We have to win 3 straight or this season is over for us. :(

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:Lost Game 4, 4-3 and had my chances, including a 5 on 3 power play. We have to win 3 straight or this season is over for us. :(
Pretty damn close to sim, eh?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL