NHL 16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 16

Post by MizzouRah »

vader29 wrote:
Sudz wrote:holy fuckballs, that assisted crap is absurd.
Turn that s*** off, turn it all off!
I turned all that stuff off.. looks so odd during a game.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

MizzouRah wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Sudz wrote:holy fuckballs, that assisted crap is absurd.
Turn that s*** off, turn it all off!
I turned all that stuff off.. looks so odd during a game.
I mentioned while playing online yesterday that I still seem to get the occasional blue arrow trying to direct my positioning, even though I'm 99% certain I turned off the entry associated with it.

I'm going to check again tonight, but was wondering if anyone has noticed similar?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Negative G7, I have everything off except my own icon and it's been good except when I got kicked out on my last game with you and Vader.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I was happy there were a total of 5 penalties my last game.. lol and one was a double minor against the CPU.

Next few games are going to be on superstar because I haven't lost in awhile on all star. There is also a glitch were I set the game speed to 3 before the game and then it goes to 2 during the game and I have to set it back.

I don't know.. seems more like hockey than 15 did.. just don't know how much more to be honest. There are glitches all over the place.. playing vs Detroit and when they showed Jimmy Howard's stat line it didn't show the W-L properly (only showed his wins) and there was no SO stat like the box was cut off.

Players still feel the same except for when they take a shot - bad players miss the net but the speed seems similar.. OTT feels like Backes out there.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm loving the game. I think it does look significantly better, but I can't disagree with PK, as it plays pretty much the same. I think it is improved, but nothing significant. But I think it looks better, and the commentary is much improved. I'm glad the action tracker is back. And it's pretty cool that we get the goal count after goals score in St. Louis.

And while the assist stuff is pretty cheesy, I actually liked using it for a bit. It was kind of interesting to see how the gameplay is baked. I've turned most of it off, but I left the goal thing on, because honestly, I use auto aim because I can't decide where to aim for s***. I also like the green target animation when I score, which is cheesy, but I don't care. So I will go back to manual aim and see if the targeting helps get me up to speed.

I created my HUT team, but I doubt I will spend much time on it. I would imagine I will play a ton of Play Now, and may crank out a season.

It does feel like they mostly just got the game to where NHL 14 was last gen, but it has its slight next gen touches. It really does look significantly better than even NHL 15, and the real time assist is a cool way to teach the game to hockey noobs.

But yeah, it's just good ol' EA hockey, which I have loved for some time now. I doubt this game will make anyone annoyed by the single player like it anymore now, which is cool. FIFA 16 seems to be taking care of those guys.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I use auto aim too.. probably why I've been playing on SS. Tarasenko has one hell of a slapshot.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

are you having fun with the game? That's all that matters. Reading all the reviews here and over at OS is discouraging but I'll end up getting it the first day because I want a new hockey game. It was the same last year with NHL 15, I waited for a bit before purchasing but yet I bought it later and even with all it's flaws, I still enjoyed it for the most part and I only play single player.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Aristo wrote:I'm loving the game. I think it does look significantly better, but I can't disagree with PK, as it plays pretty much the same. I think it is improved, but nothing significant. But I think it looks better, and the commentary is much improved. I'm glad the action tracker is back. And it's pretty cool that we get the goal count after goals score in St. Louis.

And while the assist stuff is pretty cheesy, I actually liked using it for a bit. It was kind of interesting to see how the gameplay is baked. I've turned most of it off, but I left the goal thing on, because honestly, I use auto aim because I can't decide where to aim for s***. I also like the green target animation when I score, which is cheesy, but I don't care. So I will go back to manual aim and see if the targeting helps get me up to speed.

I created my HUT team, but I doubt I will spend much time on it. I would imagine I will play a ton of Play Now, and may crank out a season.

It does feel like they mostly just got the game to where NHL 14 was last gen, but it has its slight next gen touches. It really does look significantly better than even NHL 15, and the real time assist is a cool way to teach the game to hockey noobs.

But yeah, it's just good ol' EA hockey, which I have loved for some time now. I doubt this game will make anyone annoyed by the single player like it anymore now, which is cool. FIFA 16 seems to be taking care of those guys.
Do we actually get any authentic Scottrade center organ music? I never did understand why they can't put some of this stuff back in the game....heck we had some authentic sounds as far back as NHLPA93... :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Was hoping for the organ version of "f*** You" after opponent goals, but it's not there.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My interest in this game is slowly starting to rise. My last two games against the CPU has been somewhat enjoyable with less warp speed passes and precision shooting.

The presentation is fairly solid, and the commentary is less annoying than last year, but is still too repeptitive.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

MizzouRah wrote:Game plays much better on game speed = 3

If you go to 2, it's so choppy I can't even play.. anyone else seeing that?
What number is the default setting for speed?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
Aristo wrote:I'm loving the game. I think it does look significantly better, but I can't disagree with PK, as it plays pretty much the same. I think it is improved, but nothing significant. But I think it looks better, and the commentary is much improved. I'm glad the action tracker is back. And it's pretty cool that we get the goal count after goals score in St. Louis.

Do we actually get any authentic Scottrade center organ music? I never did understand why they can't put some of this stuff back in the game....heck we had some authentic sounds as far back as NHLPA93... :lol:
I think I heard organ music my last game at home.. but I'll listen for it now.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

grtwhtsk wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Game plays much better on game speed = 3

If you go to 2, it's so choppy I can't even play.. anyone else seeing that?
What number is the default setting for speed?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I'm pretty sure its 3 on AS hardcore. At least that's what mine is on and I didn't touch it.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Negative G7, I have everything off except my own icon and it's been good except when I got kicked out on my last game with you and Vader.
I left the icons above players on for my team (smallest) for one reason only. Whenever I do a drop in game it comes in handy for team communication. Simply calling your teammate by name (color) comes in handy. The smallest setting is good IMO.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

:D Tuesday!

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Played two games against the cpu today and finished off my 10 hours of early access time, went too fast!

Short highlight video from last nights games.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

vader29 wrote:Played two games against the cpu today and finished off my 10 hours of early access time, went too fast!

Short highlight video from last nights games.
Thanks for the share. Looking forward to a lot of clips from this season. :D

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I tried so hard tonight to convince myself to buy this game Tuesday but can't do it. Single player it's just not enough at this moment. And online vs, the stick poke is overpowered.

They generally do a good job patching the game so I'll just keep on waiting until I hear feedback from you guys when they patch it. I know they do like 3 patches a year on the game so I may have to wait a while.

I went back to 15 and I enjoyed it online. I may just keep playing that until 16 is patched or available for free on EA Access.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Gangrel wrote:I'm pretty sure its 3 on AS hardcore. At least that's what mine is on and I didn't touch it.
When I start up a play now game, it's always on 4.. default AS/Hardcore. Funny thing is.. I put it on 3 start playing and go back in and it's on 2, so I have to put it back on 3.

I bought it via EA Access for $54 but it's going to need a patch before starting anything serious.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

MizzouRah wrote:
Gangrel wrote:I'm pretty sure its 3 on AS hardcore. At least that's what mine is on and I didn't touch it.
When I start up a play now game, it's always on 4.. default AS/Hardcore. Funny thing is.. I put it on 3 start playing and go back in and it's on 2, so I have to put it back on 3.

I bought it via EA Access for $54 but it's going to need a patch before starting anything serious.
Ah. I've been playing GM mode. Just like last year, I had to go back into the settings after the mode started, and reselect AS hardcore, as the sliders reset (maybe to sim I guess).

I like the game, but hopefully penalties are addressed in a tuner. I'm never on a PP.

Improvements I've noticed..... Pass interceptions definitely help cut down on cross crease one timers. My ai guys actually come over when I'm pinned to the boards now. Passing seems nicer.

I may try auto aiming though. I. Cannot score for the life of me. Either I'm old and pick out the open net, or the Oilers can't shoot..... Which shouldn't be the case !
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Didn't see any Dragons online last night. I guess you guys burned up your 10 hours. Tuesday there are no limits. :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'm going to pick it up at Best Buy with GCU. My kids and I have been playing co-op against the computer and it is a blast. The assisted stuff is really helping my boys improve quickly as they are relatively new to the series and/or rusty. I see enough small gameplay and graphical improvements to warrant a purchase, but I still find it hard to believe that penalties are THIS bad. I've burned through 7 hours and have been on the power play 4 times and one of those was with 5 seconds left in a game. I've tried default, everything at max, and other combinations and there are just no CPU calls.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:I tried so hard tonight to convince myself to buy this game Tuesday but can't do it. Single player it's just not enough at this moment. And online vs, the stick poke is overpowered.

They generally do a good job patching the game so I'll just keep on waiting until I hear feedback from you guys when they patch it. I know they do like 3 patches a year on the game so I may have to wait a while.

I went back to 15 and I enjoyed it online. I may just keep playing that until 16 is patched or available for free on EA Access.
Just pass it on it this year. The Poke Check whiners are the most annoying players in the community. Yeah, you either have guys don't know how to protect the puck whining that it is not ok easy, or guys that think it's nerfed because they spam the s*** out of it, and people stick handle by a them. The whining goes on all year.
Last edited by Aristo on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Gangrel wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
I may try auto aiming though. I. Cannot score for the life of me. Either I'm old and pick out the open net, or the Oilers can't shoot..... Which shouldn't be the case !
Auto aiming is great.. only way I play. :)