DiRT Rally

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DiRT Rally

Post by pk500 »

Thanks, Don!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Think ive joined or at least sent a request. Where do i find the event now. nothing comes up under leagues.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Think ive joined or at least sent a request. Where do i find the event now. nothing comes up under leagues.
I've just confirmed your league membership, check and see if you can find the event now.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

All good DC guess it needed accepting then.
Thanks.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Just put in 2 stages. Not good lol should of at least went to Finland first to see what the roads where like.
Lost my pace notes twice and it absolutely killed me.
Nothing like not knowing the next corner is a 3 and not a 6 :twisted:
At least I can build that log cabin I've always wanted now. I think i have enough material.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

dp :evil:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I clicked the link to join, but it redirects me to the Dirt-Rally homepage
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I'll join the league once the league pages are working again.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

League pages are back up. I signed up.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

All league requests have been confirmed.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Just a mention guys, there are no shakedowns in this mode so beware. :twisted:

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Well for F#@!S Sake! I guess this is why it was good that I do a test of the league first. This first league season test ended at 9:30pm EDT, so I went to check the results online and boom nothing. Everything is gone, but it is showing that Terry is winning in League Standings with 21 points and I am second with 18. However, all the Stage details are gone and the overall rally details are gone. I figured I must have done something wrong, so I started the search process and found these posts from the Codemasters forums from a well known Richard Burns Rally Race Department League:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussio ... ig-leagues
Oct 2015: So, one of the major drawbacks for DiRT Rally is the poor integration of the online part. The leagues bit actually works, and I do like the way the session can be open for a long time, it makes it easier to get people from all over the world to join in the rallies.

As the RBR and DiRT Rally Staff over at RaceDepartment, I was hoping to move our RD Rally Championship from RBR to DiRT Rally now, one of the longest lasting series' over there with 70-90 drivers each season. Well, enough self promoting.

The issues today with DiRT Rally, is that it is not made for this kind of leagues. It isn't made for the 3 months, 9 rallies typical simracing league. At the moment, the only chance to get the overall results is to screenshot them before the "season" on RaceNet is finished, if not, they are lost. So, to hopefully make it possible to have some huge professional leagues running on the game, we do need quite a bit of features. The most important one, is that the event results get saved after the season is finished on RaceNet, even better is if it is possible to export them in a nice format.

Secondly we would like to have the opportunity to see the times for each drivers on each stage. This is useful for tracking how the event progressed, and see where we won/lost. Also, it makes for better recaps and articles.

Thirdly, the drivers that retire just vanish from the results, so in a long though rally, we might have 70 starters, and 25 that finish the last stage, the way it is now, is that only 25 drivers show up, which makes statistics, and season long results hard to figure out.

If these three features are added, we are making good progress towards a game that can carry the sim rally-legacy into new years of championships. Ideally we would like to have the chance to save, and re-watch rallies, as that makes it possible to make some proper highlight videos.
Then a very promising response from Codemasters:
Oct 2015:
Hello, we have investigated this and the following things are feasible:

• Archive season results
• Export season results
• See the times for each driver on each stage
• Include results for drivers that have retired

We're hoping to support these by the end of Early Access.

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.
And then the disheartening reality:
Dec 2015: Just bumping this one, as sadly none of this was implemented by the end of Early Access!
Why, oh why can't racing sim developers get that we need and want stats and be able to see all our results on the web and access them as needed. That is still the biggest drawback of the Forza series, and iRacing is the only racing sim (PC or Console) that has a robust online stat tracking, leagues, leaderboards, etc. I can still see my lap times from a practice session in 2008 if I want. Ugg... Codemasters you are so close to giving us what we have wanted for years. Just finish it off. :)

So, unfortunately, I have no way of showing just how badly I was beaten by Jimmy and Terry in this event. I can tell you that Terry had me beat by over 6 min total in a 4 stage rally. Brutal... Anyway, so going forward if we are going to try to set something like this up, someone will still need to be in charge of making sure we get all the stages and final results screenshotted before the event ends. What also sucks is that while you can see this info online, you can't see it ingame (this was similar issue with F1 2013 Hotlapping Leagues). Forza has the opposite issue. Can only see in game, with limited to no options online. Come on guys, its 2016 and clouds and internets are our friends now. Sorry, I have to say it: NFL2K5 allowed me to see all our game stats and play by play info for every game for our league online for free and that was over a decade ago when I was still thin and had hair.

All that complaining aside, I am still loving this game. I just hate it when things like this get my hopes up.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Well , That sucks doesn't it.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Come on Codemasters that just stinks.

I love the Forza series, unfortunately they haven't tracked online stats since Forza 2. Not that I win very often, but I'd still like some basic stats like how many online races I've run, wins/podiums etc.......

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I thought I had until midnight EST to do the Rally, but no go. Looking forward to the upcoming DSP League.

I'm sure Codemasters will get leagues fully functional down te road. What they have now is a decent start. They just need to expand on it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

AcemanPR wrote:I thought I had until midnight EST to do the Rally, but no go. Looking forward to the upcoming DSP League.

I'm sure Codemasters will get leagues fully functional down te road. What they have now is a decent start. They just need to expand on it.
Same. I jumped in around 10:30 p.m. (ET) last night, and DSP Rally already was done. Next time!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

DChaps wrote:All league requests have been confirmed.
I should have one pending out there... Been a while since I've raced against you guys.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

As many of you already discovered, I started another test league rally to see how the Hillclimb works and to try to figure out what the different settings do since I can't find any resource that seems to accurately describe them. This event will end at 3:00am tomorrow morning (midnight tonight for US West Coast). However, it is going to appear that it is available until 9:00am. This is my attempt to work around the fact that once the event ends, Codemasters removes all results from the league website (hard to believe, I know). So, it is by DSP gentleman's agreement that I ask that no one posts any times after tomorrow morning 3:00am EDT. This will give me time to screenshot all the results and stages and then put the times into Excel or Google Sheets. If this method works, I am going to create a 12 week league with 7 stages per week. I am completely open to suggestions and ideas on best way to implement. mixdj1 currently has the top with a stout 21:17.147

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... dsp-racing

Date range: Now - until 3:00am Monday morning 04/18/2016 (this Sunday midnight for US West Coast)
Event gamemode: Hillclimb
Stage Retry: No Owned Vehicles: No
Event Restart: No Career Engineers: No
Vehicle restrictions: Historic
Class: Hillclimb

Stage: Track: Conditions:
1 USA, Pikes Peak (Gravel) - Sector 1 (S) Afternoon / Sunny
2 USA, Pikes Peak (Gravel) - Sector 2 (S) Afternoon / Sunny
3 USA, Pikes Peak (Gravel) - Sector 3 (S) Afternoon / Sunny
4 USA, Pikes Peak (Gravel) - Full Course (L) Afternoon / Sunny
Last edited by DChaps on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Damn. I guess I've gotta but the XB1 version too.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Damn. I guess I've gotta but the XB1 version too.
Sorry db, if it helps I will buy the PS4 version so I own all three as well. :) I don't mind supporting a game as good as this.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Fshguy just destroyed my time by 29 seconds. :O

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

mixdj1 wrote:Fshguy just destroyed my time by 29 seconds. :O

So, nothing much has changed over the years, eh? lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DChaps wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Damn. I guess I've gotta but the XB1 version too.
Sorry db, if it helps I will buy the PS4 version so I own all three as well. :) I don't mind supporting a game as good as this.
I only have the PC version currently. So no need. :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

These 24 hour time frames are a killer. I didn't even see this post until this morning, at work.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

TCrouch wrote:These 24 hour time frames are a killer. I didn't even see this post until this morning, at work.
Sorry Terry, this one was actually just a test I was doing to see if I could figure out how so of these parameters work. Then I realized people saw it and were running it so I posted about it. I think I have figured it out enough to propose a 6 week season starting today. I will post the details shortly. Also, I think you can complete in more than one league at a time, so if people don't like what I setup, we can try multiple options at the same time. I am proposing 1 rally per week, 6 stages, Covering the first routes for each country, different group of cars each time, and varied weather conditions. No setup or engineers for this first go round, and you don't have to own the cars. No stage or event restarts, but checkpoints at each stage. Service Repair every two stages, so you gives some incentive to not kill the car as you are going to have to make it through at least another stage. More to follow....