Star Wars Battlefront

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Danimal »

vader29 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Video unavailable
Youtube videos on DSP aren't showing up for me in chrome but work in firefox and on my ipad, can't figure out what the problem is with chrome.
Ah probably forum needs an upgrade but I'm just happy it is still running. I know one day we will all go to use it and it will be gone.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Replace www with m in http://www.youtube.com and it works.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Couldn’t have said it better myself... :lol:

Let’s hope EA is listening.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/12/ea- ... lefront-2/
The randomized loot crates, of course, were another sticky issue, and EA carefully explained how they'll differ in the full version of the game:

There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
As a balance goal, we're working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/1 ... -concerns/
EA have responded to that criticism, and released a statement that clarifies some things about how the system will work when the actual game comes out. Players that pay will still have an advantage over those that don’t – at least in the short term – but the most powerful items will be unlocked independently of loot crates.

Most unlocks, however, will still be tied to loot boxes. Those boxes can be bought with currency earned by playing the game, or for real monies. It means you’re at the mercy of RNG for which drops you get. When you get a duplicate of the same item, you instead receive crafting parts that can be spent on unlocking what you want – but not everything can be bought with those parts.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In other words let a 12 years spoiled kid pay to win the game with real money. Oh EA way to ruin a fine game...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:In other words let a 12 years spoiled kid pay to win the game with real money. Oh EA way to ruin a fine game...
The loot crate trend is just becoming more prevalent in games and it sucks. I honestly blame MUT for this trend, companies are trying to find every way possible to keep a revenue stream with their games and it is making for less enjoyable experiences.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

It’s hard for me to get very bent out of shape over this issue when it comes to this game. I’ve never played a SW:BF game to be at the top of the leaderboards. I enjoy trying my best to help my side succeed at the objectives. So being at a disadvantage due to gear or perks isn’t a huge killer for me unless it makes the game unplayable. In the last SW:BF the better gear required a lot of game time to unlock. So those guys who had all the time in the world to play the game all day were at a huge advantage over me. I don’t see any real difference with this system when it comes to me enjoying this game.

Yes, I do think the manipulative use of slot-machine style feedback with the loot box animations and sounds, combined with the real money gambling aspect of it all is a trend that is beginning to get way out of hand in general, and I don’t like it. It’s been going on for years in the FIFA UT (it’s the only one I play at all), and it really does suck when I find myself playing against a team loaded with superstars that I would never in a million years be able to afford on the marketplace. Clearly there are plenty of people who have no problem dumping tons of cash into the game to get their kicks. It’s not a good trend in gaming by any means, and it’s worth paying attention to. We all love loot drops in games and tying real money to the ability to scratch that itch is a pretty disgusting trend.

But for this game, and from what I experienced in the demo, it seems it will be something I will have no problem ignoring, just using the in-game credits to get my loot boxes, and still have a ton of fun with the game when I have time to play.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

For me, the argument is like saying Jordan Spieth is only better than me because he's buying more expensive clubs... Lol. I'm not as quick and precise as I used to be, and it wouldn't matter if some kid spent 99 bucks on loot boxes or not. Skill wins.

But I don't play to necessarily compete any more. Sure I like to have a good round, but if I can get 3-4 kills and help my team win, I'm good. This doesn't bother me, because I won't spend a dime on the micro stuff.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:It’s hard for me to get very bent out of shape over this issue when it comes to this game. I’ve never played a SW:BF game to be at the top of the leaderboards. I enjoy trying my best to help my side succeed at the objectives. So being at a disadvantage due to gear or perks isn’t a huge killer for me unless it makes the game unplayable. In the last SW:BF the better gear required a lot of game time to unlock. So those guys who had all the time in the world to play the game all day were at a huge advantage over me. I don’t see any real difference with this system when it comes to me enjoying this game.
I'm fine if someone plays to unlock all that stuff. I didn't find many super buffed out players in the last game on a round by round basis. Now you have the chance to be facing super soldiers on day one in every round and not just one but many of them. I'm sorry spawning and getting killed because a guy has a 10% speed boost, a 50% damage reduction and who knows what else 2 hours into the game launch window is not fun for me.

I'm mediocre at these games and I agree I just enjoy the team aspect but if my first hours are spent with repeated dying because I unload into a guy and he takes it, turns and one shot kills me, that's not fun.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:For me, the argument is like saying Jordan Spieth is only better than me because he's buying more expensive clubs... Lol. I'm not as quick and precise as I used to be, and it wouldn't matter if some kid spent 99 bucks on loot boxes or not. Skill wins.
That so bad of an analogy I'm going to skip that part. Jordan Spieth sucks :D

Skill wins sure, and yes 90% of the players I encounter are better at the game than I am and would win. So giving them instant access to buffs which make them even better makes the game fun how exactly for the average player? Unless your idea of getting killed 20+ times a round is fun.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
Zeppo wrote:It’s hard for me to get very bent out of shape over this issue when it comes to this game. I’ve never played a SW:BF game to be at the top of the leaderboards. I enjoy trying my best to help my side succeed at the objectives. So being at a disadvantage due to gear or perks isn’t a huge killer for me unless it makes the game unplayable. In the last SW:BF the better gear required a lot of game time to unlock. So those guys who had all the time in the world to play the game all day were at a huge advantage over me. I don’t see any real difference with this system when it comes to me enjoying this game.
I'm fine if someone plays to unlock all that stuff. I didn't find many super buffed out players in the last game on a round by round basis. Now you have the chance to be facing super soldiers on day one in every round and not just one but many of them. I'm sorry spawning and getting killed because a guy has a 10% speed boost, a 50% damage reduction and who knows what else 2 hours into the game launch window is not fun for me.

I'm mediocre at these games and I agree I just enjoy the team aspect but if my first hours are spent with repeated dying because I unload into a guy and he takes it, turns and one shot kills me, that's not fun.
I am with you. For me, I played a lot the first game because I wanted to try certain weapons that would suit my skills better. It was a grind, some challenges were almost impossible, some took awhile to get. But that’s fine, if I really want something so bad, I was ready to grind it out no matter how long it took, not to be confused with having lots of time to do so.

Based on this Beta, my hard earned 5000 XP points just to try a Hero character can go to ashes within 15 seconds because of those improved perks that can be purchased within hours of the release. How fair is that? Even the most skilled player at a game would have a fit with that.

Not saying that one person will always prevail in a one on one duel, but over the course of an entire match, the effects will inevitably snowball. Even if we are to assume that DICE will change the magnitude of every perk’s effect by launch so that they are less pronounced than they are now, the fact that there is no inherent disadvantage to any of these passive perks means that there is no reason not to buy loot crates and equip them.

Plus, it appears as though class progression is tied to the number of Star Cards that you have for that particular class, which is a bizarre and stupidly counterintuitive way for any game to handle character progression.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I think we played a beta a month before full release. Let's just see how it goes. I'm buying the game either way, because I have a certified star wars geek in the house. Lol

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

CELEBRATE STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II ACROSS EA’S GAMES
Battlefield 1, FIFA 18, NHL 18 and NBA LIVE 18 will include Star Wars Battlefront II - Themed Items

To celebrate the release of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II, DICE and EA SPORTS will be giving away a free melee weapon for Battlefield 1 and Inferno Squad-inspired items for FIFA 18, NHL 18 and NBA LIVE 18.

https://www.ea.com/news/celebrate-star- ... 0077273972

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So saw people playing last night, whats the verdict. When I went to bed my download was at 92%, that was after 6 hours and I have a 50MB internet connection. I played the Arcade mode which was the only thing open to me.
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I have to say, I’m not really feeling the campaign. Maybe it’s that I’m such a huge Star Wars fan from when I was a kid, but I don’t want to be an imperial soldier! F*** those guys! And I admit it’s early on and I haven’t even finished getting off of Endor, but I didn’t find the enemy behavior very compelling or challenging in an interesting way. Who knows, maybe it’ll get better. It’s super early.

I only had time to play one round of conquest, and it was on Kashyyk, and it was pretty damn fun. I do have to say that there’s one difference that I found a bit odd - with the new points system to access special characters, it seemed like there was always a Darth Maul and a Boba Fett (i was on the droids’ side). As soon as one was killed, someone else would spawn in as one of those guys right away. It really makes it very different than how impactful the heroes could be when they appeared in the first game, and especially how much of a relief you’d feel when you killed the other guys’ hero. But it was still a very fun match. Can’t wait to play more and check out all the maps!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I found the campaign start to be decent. MP is really what surprised me. I was kinda ‘meh’ after the beta but I really had fun last night. Solid, fun shooter with pretty incredible graphics.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I played a few rounds of blast last night, wish they would have left the heroes out of that mode, preferred the first game where every player was basically even and your success or failure was determined by your play. Got really frustrated with the story mode and rage quit for the night as I got killed probably 5 times in the same spot where the droid is taking forever to open the door towards the end of the first mission, have to give a go again tonight.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battl ... 0265538490

This is news to me, free SP content
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Between this, ACO, and the clearly upgraded visuals in the stock GRW, I'm perfectly fine with my XB1S. My, my BF2 is some kind of gorgeous. Haven't touched SP, and won't until full release, because I don't want to start it, finish it, and have to wait to keep going... Lol

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Wow, is this game beautiful. How much is the artistry and how much is the effect of the shiny new X1X, but the two together sure make for a gorgeous game. I'm on the Endor level and an amazed at the graphical detail in this one.
Last edited by GameSeven on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

GameSeven wrote:Wow, is this game beautiful. How much is the artistry and how much is the middle of the shiny new X1X, but the two together sure make for a gorgeous game. I'm on the Endor level and an amazed at the graphical detail in this one.
Yep, Endor is sick looking.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
GameSeven wrote:Wow, is this game beautiful. How much is the artistry and how much is the middle of the shiny new X1X, but the two together sure make for a gorgeous game. I'm on the Endor level and an amazed at the graphical detail in this one.
Yep, Endor is sick looking.
I equally concur gens, very good looking campaign so far on 1X1. However on MP, I must say that the game is heading definitely towards little micro transactions here and there to lure a player into better cards, more crystals and what have you. I mean the progression level of your character couldn’t be more confusing. There’s your actual character level, then you can upgrade your card level, then if you are satisfied with a particular weapon you can unlock more perks by getting X amount of kills.

It’s quite obvious to me that while not directly forcing anyone to spend real cash, the level of difficulty in the progression system in BF2 is screwy to say the least. A pity because MP is the mode I will be playing most. Did you guys see the price to pay to get a Hero?

Is still a fun game to play but Dice has made things unnecessary more complex in leveling up your character something that was so efficiently done in the first game.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

10spro wrote:It’s quite obvious to me that while not directly forcing anyone to spend real cash, the level of difficulty in the progression system in BF2 is screwy to say the least. A pity because MP is the mode I will be playing most. Did you guys see the price to pay to get a Hero?

Is still a fun game to play but Dice has made things unnecessary more complex in leveling up your character something that was so efficiently done in the first game.
Definitely a bit to wrap one's head around. I'm ok with most of it. I like how you can craft instances and upgrades of cards if you don't draw a specific card you want for your build. Although the level requirements can be steep, you should be able to unlock much of that through play.

The one thing I *don't* like, as you mentioned, is the incredibly high cost for many heroes. I doubt I'll ever play as Luke or Vader (60k points each) unless something changes. I mean, maybe the curve for point awards changes as you climb levels, but it might get *more* difficult as many cheap awards are claimed early on. It might mean a couple of weeks of grinding to unlock just one of these guys for me, especially with other games in the mix.