Star Wars Battlefront

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Inuyasha »

i dont get it

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

As a drop in and play game I'm really enjoying SWBF. It holds to the same patterns with shooters that bug me though, the hamster wheel upgrade system. I hate shooting a guy dead to nuts 3 times to have him turn on me and kill me in one shot because he has better gear than me because he has more time to play. At least in SWBF I can contribute at a decent rate despite these issues.

The one thing this game does for me though is bring hope that decent Star Wars games can be made again. No matter what one thinks of the game play of SWBF, the atmosphere and Star Wars setting has never been nailed to this extent. Perhaps we'll get a decent SW CRPG or better yet a new X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

Hopefully they add they expand on the co-op game modes because those are fun.

Just my random thoughts on a snowy day.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:As a drop in and play game I'm really enjoying SWBF. It holds to the same patterns with shooters that bug me though, the hamster wheel upgrade system. I hate shooting a guy dead to nuts 3 times to have him turn on me and kill me in one shot because he has better gear than me because he has more time to play. At least in SWBF I can contribute at a decent rate despite these issues.

The one thing this game does for me though is bring hope that decent Star Wars games can be made again. No matter what one thinks of the game play of SWBF, the atmosphere and Star Wars setting has never been nailed to this extent. Perhaps we'll get a decent SW CRPG or better yet a new X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

Hopefully they add they expand on the co-op game modes because those are fun.

Just my random thoughts on a snowy day.
The relatively simplified nature of gear and upgrades is both a blessing and a curse. I think EA was going for more casuals with this one, and honestly I am pretty sick of a million gun attachments and kill streaks like in Battlefield and COD these days.

It will be interesting to see how this game develops with all the DLC coming, and how much of the audience sticks around for it.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Naples39 wrote: The relatively simplified nature of gear and upgrades is both a blessing and a curse. I think EA was going for more casuals with this one, and honestly I am pretty sick of a million gun attachments and kill streaks like in Battlefield and COD these days.
Oh I agree with you 100% my post may of sounded more critical then I meant it to be. It's just frustrating to use sound tactics, find a good cover position and shoot a guy 3-4 times before he located me and one shot kills me. I also hate seeing the rabbit jumping all over the map as a way to avoid being shot. This is why private matches would benefit this game a lot, whether we will get them in future DLC is the question.
Follow Me on:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:Oh I agree with you 100% my post may of sounded more critical then I meant it to be. It's just frustrating to use sound tactics, find a good cover position and shoot a guy 3-4 times before he located me and one shot kills me. I also hate seeing the rabbit jumping all over the map as a way to avoid being shot. This is why private matches would benefit this game a lot, whether we will get them in future DLC is the question.
I didn't think your post came across as overly negative. I haven't felt too disadvantaged in this game with a low-ranked player. The only time I feel seriously impaired is on certain maps and modes when guys with jetpacks can do things totally different to guys without them.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I enjoy this game the more I play it with the EA Access 10-hour free trial. You cats are right: It is more accessible to the newcomer than BF4 or Battlefield Hardline. Plus the graphics are gorgeous, and I love the epic scope of the 40-player modes.

But I already own BF4 and Hardline, and I don't have time in my collection for three BF-style shooters. So I'll stick with BF4 and Hardline, as both were free with EA Access. Plus I'm not a "Star Wars" fan.

Still, this game is a no-brainer if you're a "Star Wars" dude and don't own a bunch of Battlefield-style shooters.

Battlefront probably will land in the EA Access Vault by January 2017. By then, I'll be killed in the first second by Level 100 players instead of the first minute by Level 10 players like today. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

New level released last night...The Battle of Jakku. Nice map. Difficult mode!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:New level released last night...The Battle of Jakku. Nice map. Difficult mode!
I'll be playing tonight then for sure. I usually play in a party with at least one friend, its much more fun for me than playing alone. If anyone feels the same, feel free to join us.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A couple of vids from the new map/mode...Battle of Jakku.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This game is on sale for $30 today (Sunday) at the Microsoft Store. I may pull the trigger, as I discovered today my son likes it, and he normally doesn't dig shooters. Plus I'm having more fun with this the more I play it in my EA Access trial.

Plus Best Buy is offering $30 in trade for this game. So if I play it for a month and tire of it, I should get close to my money back, or even more if BB offers 50 percent bonus credit on trades.

Decisions, decisions. One hour until midnight. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Special deal at MS Store sold out while I equivocated. Must be a sign. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Have to say I really like the new mode. It definitely forces the action to points.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Have to say I really like the new mode. It definitely forces the action to points.
Absolutely. It is becoming my favorite mode. Love the map. I love that even though its a big map there is constant action.

I was reading (yesterday) that the season pass isn't just DLC...its "Expansions" of the game. The vibe is that each "expansion" is going to be 4 new maps, some new weapons/vehicles and new heroes to use. That sounds pretty much what Dice did for BF4...which I categorize as basically DLC. Maybe there will be more...who knows.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll be shocked if one of the expansions doesn't include a "space" dog fighting mode.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:Have to say I really like the new mode. It definitely forces the action to points.
Droid Run is also good for that.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Droid Run is also good for that.
Droid Run surprised me. I thought it was going to be gimmicky but I really liked it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Anyone want to play on XB1 tonight? I expect to be on by 9et.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:Anyone want to play on XB1 tonight? I expect to be on by 9et.
I saw you come on but was just finishing up. I think I had my profile set to 'appear offline'. Next time!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

$39.99 Amazon prime today.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Got this game new for $31.99 today with Gamers Club Unlocked on BestBuy.com. I wanted to dislike this game, but it's the only EA Access trial that I have played for the full 10 hours. Both of my sons love it, too, even though they're just getting into Star Wars.

This game isn't as detailed as BF4. It lacks the maps and modes, at least for now. But it plants a wide grin on the faces of my sons and I every time we play it. So winner-winner, Christmas chicken dinner.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Got this game new for $31.99 today with Gamers Club Unlocked on BestBuy.com. I wanted to dislike this game, but it's the only EA Access trial that I have played for the full 10 hours. Both of my sons love it, too, even though they're just getting into Star Wars.

This game isn't as detailed as BF4. It lacks the maps and modes, at least for now. But it plants a wide grin on the faces of my sons and I every time we play it. So winner-winner, Christmas chicken dinner.
I love the game....even more than BF4. It's pure fun and it will get nothing but better with the expansions. I was actually in your game the other night Paul...well maybe it was your son. I am a level 27 rank and love the Turning Point mode/map. Can't wait for the new stuff!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That was me, Bill! I didn't have my headset on. Sorry, I hardly ever wear it anymore.

The more I play SW:BF, the more I like it. Pure fun.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:That was me, Bill! I didn't have my headset on. Sorry, I hardly ever wear it anymore.

I don't wear mine much either. I think your friends show up as green on the map.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Had a rough session last night! It was "one of those nights" where nothing went right :) Still love the game. I need the Christmas gift newbies to arrive so I can light their ass up! :lol:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:That was me, Bill! I didn't have my headset on. Sorry, I hardly ever wear it anymore.

I don't wear mine much either. I think your friends show up as green on the map.
You can have a in game party but there is no in game voice chat. Need to use console party system if you want to chat with friends.