Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Post by MizzouRah »

Anyone pick this up? I'm heading to Gamestop soon to grab it.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Post by Aristo »

We downloaded it last night. My wife is a huge AC fan, although the last few games, not so much. But she was grinning ear to ear last night and this morning while playing it. It looks fantastic. The female assassin is really fun, they use the setting really well, and climbing is even better and more fun than before. If you've been sitting out the series because the last few games have been ho-hum or glitchy, this is a great place to jump back in.
Last edited by Aristo on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:We downloaded it last night. My wife is a huge AC, although the last few games, not so much. But she was grinning ear to ear last night and this morning playing it. It looks fantastic. The female assassin is really fun, they use the setting really well, and climbing is even better and more fun than before. If you've been sitting out the series because the last few games have been ho-hum or glitchy, this is a great place to jump back in.
When gamespot gives a game a 9/10 - I start to get interested. ;)

I've been in and out of the series and I can't wait to dive into this one tonight.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

So what's the word on this one from the DSP crowd? That Jack the Ripper DLC that's coming out looks pretty cool.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It's the best AC since AC2 and Brotherhood. It's still AC, through and through, but it feel like they have taken out everything that kind of sucked from the last several entries and kept everything that works and fine tuned the gameplay. Both characters are fun to play, and Victorian England is a great setting.

If you never really liked AC, though, this game isn't going to win you over.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I think it's absolutely fabulous, at least on PC. It's the best AC I've played in years. I'd rank them:

AC2
AC Black Flag
AC Syndicate

...the rest

It's in that first tier, but it's a victim of "too many games at the same time" in my household. Every time I play it, I find I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. Once you get the grappling hook, especially, it changes. The first couple hours feel sort of same-y, but then it really starts to pick up steam.

And it doesn't have any performance issues on PC (compared to Fallout 4, which is hilariously messed up on my rig), which is a minor miracle after seeing Unity last year.

I think it's a great purchase if you're even moderately into AC games. It's not reinventing the whole concept, but switching off between Evie and Jacob is cool...and while you could theoretically build them the same way, I followed the game's script and made Jacob the brutish thug, and Evie the sneaky, lockpicking stealth assassin. Pretty fun to have different play styles in the open world that you can just toggle between at will.
Last edited by TCrouch on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Thanks for the replies.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My favorite AC for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:So what's the word on this one from the DSP crowd? That Jack the Ripper DLC that's coming out looks pretty cool.
My oldest son is an AC devotee, and he is raving about this game. Big thumb's up.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425