Halo: Master Chief Collection (XBONE)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Halo: Master Chief Collection (XBONE)

Post by Macca00 »

Couldn't find another thread on this.

Anyone pick this one up? If you like Halo it's a hell of a deal;

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4

All with updated graphics and multiplayer from each game. I only played 20 minutes of Halo 2 last night and was really impressed - they actually re-did the cut-scenes with CG. Haven't tried multiplayer yet but apparently there were some matchmaking issues on opening night (what a surprise!).

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Halo: Master Chief Collection (XBONE)

Post by 10spro »

Overall, they did a great job remastering this for the X1. Two things stood up for me so far. After 10+ years the Halo soundtrack still rocks and man driving the Warhog is still a pain in the a$$. :twisted:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I got it. They did a great job with the menu interface. Very easy to go between all the games. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to start a co-op campaign.

I'm not the biggest Halo fan, but the series is still a draw for me. Before Halo CE on xbox I didn't think I could play an FPS without a mouse and keyboard. Halo 2 was one of the first games I got into on xbox live. Lots of good times playing custom matches with friends. Oddball with rocket launchers. Midship with shotguns. There were not many choices when it came to xbox live gaming back then, so it was easier to get a group together.

I plan on playing through the Halo CE and Halo 2 campaigns again, either alone or co-op or both. Also looking forward to going back to Halo 2 MP.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Picked it up but didn't get to play it last night.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I played more last night. I never played through the Halo remake on the 360 so pressing the back button to switch between original and re-mastered visuals on the fly never gets old! You can even do it through the cut-scenes which, in Halo 2, is particularly jarring since you're alternating between gorgeous CG and sh!thouse original Xbox in-game cut-scenes.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I came THAT close to grabbing this today but just didn't pull the trigger. I Would like to play the original campaign again but everything else not so much. Glad I showed restraint :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I agree with PK. I already have all the Halo games on the 360 including the remake of Halo 1. I can wait for this to drop to $20.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'll pick it up once there's a price drop. I'm really only interested in the campaign mode, as I've played bits and pieces of the first three. I'd like to revisit the story. This is one of the few FPS that really drew me in and was quite enjoyable, aside from the first COD.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:I'll pick it up once there's a price drop. I'm really only interested in the campaign mode, as I've played bits and pieces of the first three. I'd like to revisit the story. This is one of the few FPS that really drew me in and was quite enjoyable, aside from the first COD.
Microsoft's games usually tank in price within 4 months sans Zoo Tycoon. In 6 months Forza 5 went from $59.99 to $19.99

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Since I just got the MC, I was collecting all the Halo games from the 360 along the COD's for trade in when I found that the Combat Evolved Anniversary edition was still under wraps. :oops:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:Since I just got the MC, I was collecting all the Halo games from the 360 along the COD's for trade in when I found that the Combat Evolved Anniversary edition was still under wraps. :oops:
Pfft, I got you beat by a long country mile. One day I wanted to play Grand Slam Tennis 2 on my 360. I thought I traded it in to Amazon. Convinced of that I bought it again. I opened the 360 tray and guess what I found. :) :lol:

You see, yours is not all that bad.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:
10spro wrote:Since I just got the MC, I was collecting all the Halo games from the 360 along the COD's for trade in when I found that the Combat Evolved Anniversary edition was still under wraps. :oops:
Pfft, I got you beat by a long country mile. One day I wanted to play Grand Slam Tennis 2 on my 360. I thought I traded it in to Amazon. Convinced of that I bought it again. I opened the 360 tray and guess what I found. :) :lol:

You see, yours is not all that bad.
At least we're in the same boat, because I did play the Anniversary edition, so I have no idea where this one came from.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Free for anyone who played Halo: MCC between November 11, 2014 and December 19, 2014, as an apology for the online connection issues at launch:

Download of the Halo 3: ODST campaign running at 1080p and 60 frames per second (due to arrive Spring 2015).
One month of Xbox Live Gold
An exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar.

Free for everyone:

An updated version of the Halo 2 map, "Relic," when it launches as a free content update for the game (also due to arrive Spring 2015).

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

That's cool. I can't believe they dorked multiplayer up so badly. That was the prime reason 90% of players bought the thing.

I will say that I played a couple rounds of the Halo 5 MP Beta last night, and it was pretty great. I will say it felt more like a reboot of Quake Arena than Halo, but that's not a bad thing for me.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Halo CE is still great, especially with the new graphics. Only knock is the repeating inside environments. Having fun playing through the campaign on coop this time.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I ordered this yesterday online for $20 even though I have all the games for the 360 minus Halo 2.