the Crew: pc, ps4, xb1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

the Crew: pc, ps4, xb1

Post by vinny-b »

anyone plan to pick this up?

this remind me of a modern gen version of Driver. Unexpectedly, based on the particular video below, it actually looks challenging.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: the Crew: pc, ps4, xb1

Post by TCrouch »

I will when they give it to me for free. After their AC Unity launch they offered up a free game to any season pass purchaser, and the only game on their list that I don't have is that one. Unfortunately they still had no way to redeem it. Nice of them!

Played the beta quite a bit and it was surprisingly fun. Definitely more of the old school Need for Speed than anything else. They did a good job of making the condensed US feel big enough to be massive, but small enough that you could zip from region to region without losing interest.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

TCrouch wrote:I will when they give it to me for free. After their AC Unity launch they offered up a free game to any season pass purchaser, and the only game on their list that I don't have is that one. Unfortunately they still had no way to redeem it. Nice of them!

Played the beta quite a bit and it was surprisingly fun. Definitely more of the old school Need for Speed than anything else. They did a good job of making the condensed US feel big enough to be massive, but small enough that you could zip from region to region without losing interest.
ok Terry. I hope you end up receiving it (free)

it does look like the handling *may* indeed be improved from the beta. Not interested in a Test Drive 1 ps3 (complete lack of vehicle weight and handling) type of driving experience.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Every bit of feedback I've heard about this game from the closed and open beta's is that it's complete garbage. just FYI
GT = Wilk5280

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

note: the cockpit view of this Nissan Z, looks downright appealing:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I would definitely not consider it "complete garbage", but the default controls were wonky at best. Took me a few minutes to dial it in to what I liked, and from there it was a fairly entertaining arcade game.

But there IS a reason I won't pay for it. I can't see it being anything that would compete with FH2 or anything. At best, I could see playing it a few days and then shelving it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zero interest. I'm enjoying an cornucopia of racing fun with Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2 and Need For Speed Rivals.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

$32 at bb ugc this week. Worth getting? Concept sounds like fun. U gys still playing?

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

did pick it up, as a gift for someone. However, personally i would bypass it.

while it's fun, and have positive points (largest map version of United States ever). It's online only. These f#ckers (developers) need to receive a message that when consumers purchase a game, it's expected to be a purchase, and not a rental. By releasing a game which requires 24/7 internet connection (that actually does have an extensive single-player campaign) the game will become unplayable, when the servers shut down. Literally, unplayable.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

vinny-b wrote:did pick it up, as a gift for someone. However, personally i would bypass it.

while it's fun, and have positive points (largest map version of United States ever). It's online only. These f#ckers (developers) need to receive a message that when consumers purchase a game, it's expected to be a purchase, and not a rental. By releasing a game which requires 24/7 internet connection (that actually does have an extensive single-player campaign) the game will become unplayable, when the servers shut down. Literally, unplayable.

Thanks for that info. I'll avoid it then. Seems like the concept is fun but the execution is a disaster. I picked up Forza 5 new for $20 instead.