MLB The Show 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 15

Post by Diablo25 »

I just played a game with directional and I like it. One thing I didnt realize is you can move the 'directional' mechanism in mid pitch. I thought it was a pre pitch type thing. I like that you can treat it almost like zone hitting...trying to recognize the pitch on the way in. If there is a situation to go the other way you can just push to the right with the left stick and look for one out there to get the runner over. I had Cody Asche up and was leaving the left stick neutral...until I saw the pitch was away. I pushed to the left (where the pitch was) and Asche hit one off the left field wall. Very cool. There might be something here. The game continues to amaze.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:My online experiences have been good so far. Unlike past years the only lags I've seen are in some catching, throwing animations.
Great to hear. We gotta try one soon.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

There are three improvements that I am loving so far:

--Fielding is much more realistic, especially in the outfield. I love how flyballs carry in the wind and that you have to account for player momentum.

--Directional hitting is fantastic. I thought it was going to be too easy, but it's a lot like zone in that you'll have the greatest success when your direction matches where the pitch is. Even though I liked zone hitting, I love that it allows me to focus on the pitch rather than having to worry about where my cursor is.

--I don't know if this was actually changed or not, but meter pitching feels a lot less precise to me, which I like. I've found that even missing the accuracy line a little can lead to pitches having a lot of variation in where they wind up.

All of those are pretty subtle, but as someone who has played this game religiously for the last 7-8 years, they have added new depth and challenge to the game.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Agree Brando on all three points. This is the only game I want to play right now, and it's not as if it's changed dramatically over the last few years. However, they've really made quite a few nice subtle improvements, (fielding, pitching meter, ball physics, pace of the game, etc) that it continues to make each game feel fresh and entertaining. Now, the commentary needs a major overhaul.....

Aristo, I'm sure you'd find more than a few exclusive games that would make your purchase of a PS4 feel warranted. Then again, it depends on what genre of games you enjoy. The Last of Us is an amazing game that can't be missed if you missed out playing it on the PS3.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Per Steve @ OS:

Operation Sports (@operationsports)
4/7/15, 12:37 PM
For those asking, the guys are hoping to release OS Full Minors (OSFM) rosters sometime this weekend for MLB 15 The Show.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

sportdan30 wrote:Per Steve @ OS:

For those asking, the guys are hoping to release OS Full Minors (OSFM) rosters sometime this weekend for MLB 15 The Show.
Awesome, really looking forward to diving into franchise mode.

I also cannot get over how gorgeous this game is. The stadiums are breathtaking and the lighting is so realistic.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Brando70 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Per Steve @ OS:

Awesome, really looking forward to diving into franchise mode.

I also cannot get over how gorgeous this game is. The stadiums are breathtaking and the lighting is so realistic.
:D love it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Been watching this game on twitch a lot and I think I'll get it. Is there a new camera mode this year? It looks more immersive on twitch. And I guess another reason to keep my PS4 around :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ended up buying it. First impressions :

-Graphics : incredible! They really cleaned up the game's graphics from last year. It comes off very clear and vibrant. lighting looks great.

-Gameplay : after going analog directional I can't go back to Zone. I get it now why Aristo said it is like mech warrior. Its hard to go back since analog is so much easier.

-Customization : That is the biggest plus for me in this game. They've made it now with all the different hitting and pitching options to customize the game you want. I forget what it was, but I customized hitting/pitching in a way where I can finish games in 20 min time w/o turning on quick counts.

Glad I bought it :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

OS Rosters Version 1 are in the vault

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Amazing work by those guys.

For people looking to use these for Franchise, I recommend the variation, "OSFM 40 Man and CPs" from user Kruise_Kontrol. The original OSFM has 25-man rosters, only one player as a CP per team, and guys who are currently injured sent down to A ball to mimic being the DL. That's fine for quick play games, but causes some issues for franchise with drafting and those injured players maybe being out too long.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Just a few games into my Cubs franchise, I hit a homer with my pitcher. I launched a high fly at Colorado with Travis Wood, and the wind blowing out carried it just over the wall. Loved how it looked like it was going to only get to the track and then made the final drift into the stands.

I also saw a bug that's been reported on OS, the 1B not covering the bag. The batter hit a very odd broken bat single that bounced really high and just past the pitcher. The SS grabbed it and made the throw, but the 1B was still where he would be before the ball was put in play. I wouldn't have made the throw in time anyway, but that's a signifcant bug.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:I also saw a bug that's been reported on OS, the 1B not covering the bag. The batter hit a very odd broken bat single that bounced really high and just past the pitcher. The SS grabbed it and made the throw, but the 1B was still where he would be before the ball was put in play. I wouldn't have made the throw in time anyway, but that's a signifcant bug.
Happened to me last night...the batter right before a home run. Yes, with 2 outs. I turned the game off immediately. First time I saw it in about 2 dozen games, so obviously it doesn't happen often. The timing was just horrific last night.

It was a chopper to the second baseman...nothing out of the ordinary, and I threw to first and the 1B was standing like ten feet in front of the bag. Never even thought about going to first when I watched the replay.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Playing on quick counts, I started with a 1-1 count with Yadi. I swung and missed, and the ball went in the dirt. Molina starts to run to first and I'm thrown out. Strike 3....say what?!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I know the 2-strike bug is also out there -- is that specific to quick counts? I haven't seen it.

There is a patch due soon, hopefully it will fix some of these things. They are also supposed to be putting the end-game highlights back in.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Patch is out today, some much needed fixes like nerfing bunts.

Online Gameplay – Game would occasionally hang following an Intentional Walk, a regular Base on Balls, a Hit by Pitch, or a Balk.
General – Batters would strikeout on the second strike when the performed certain check swings at pitches in the dirt.
Franchise mode – Edit Player screen was limiting users from editing generated players, and players on certain teams.
General – Specific home runs would result in a baserunner staying on 1st base, and not score correctly.
Online Franchise - Injuries were not occurring during Online Franchise games.
Online Gameplay – Guessing Pitches had a delay and users would occasionally fail to guess Location and Pitch Type when offering input quickly.
Online – Within Game Rooms, users were missing their rank logos that distinguished them as Rookie, Veteran, All-Star, Hall of Fame, or Legend rank.
Online – Play Now Rated and Diamond Dynasty – Home and Away team assignment was not random, resulting in some users always being the home team, or always the away team.
Online – Play Now Online rated – Controlling the KC Royals, user would be given control of the ace pitcher (Ventura) no matter who was chosen to be the starting pitcher in the Pitcher Select screen.
Card Collections – Redeem Legend button was missing after completing a collection.
General - CPU runners were not using correct lead off logic.
General – Specific edited rosters would cause the game to crash when loading into a Road To The Show Showcase game.
General – Andrew McCutchen’s hair has been adjusted – We gave him a haircut to match his current appearance.
General – Wrigley Field had some collision/Home Run detection issues. Certain foul balls were being counted as Home Runs down the 1st base line.
General – Sounds of the Show issues have been resolved. Custom music was not being saved correctly where users intended them to.
General – Public Announcer audio was frequently incorrect (announcing the wrong name) during the end of game wrap up and also when bringing relief pitchers into the game.
General – Highlight Reel was added back into post game menus, by popular demand!
General – Tweaking and refining of in game sound effects.
General – Front End User Interface tweaking. Team colors on User’s Player Card.
General – Tuning to trade logic, specifically how the CPU traded with other CPU teams in Franchise and Season modes.
General – Baserunning/Lead Runner windows were missing from Manager Mode.
General - Players will now wear sleeves when the game is played at lower temperatures.
General – Fixed many occurrences of consumer reported crashes, reported to us through the PS4 operating system crash reporting tool. Areas that encountered these rare crashes included: Exiting Amateur Draft in Franchise mode / Entering Diamond Dynasty / During initial boot-up / Using the Suggested Trade feature in Franchise mode / Specific in game scenarios.
Community Market – Changing pages in the marketplace completed order now works.
Gameplay – Animation clean up and tuning.
Gameplay – Adjustments to tagging sliding baserunners.
AI tuning – Bunt success rate was incorrect/too successful and accurate.
Year to Year Saves modifications – Properly handling a small batch of players who were not in the league in MLB 14, and how they transfer over to MLB 15.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Thanks for posting the patch notes. I have very few complaints, aside from the 2 strike strikeout I encountered one time.

I'm currently 6-6 on my young season with Cardinals. Loving every game I've played thus far. I came back from 4-1 down to the Reds to win 5-4 the other night. Kozma hit a pinch hit three run double with 2 outs in the 8th to tie the game. Such an exciting moment in my sports video game history. Promptly, the next game I lost 3-0, but won the rubber game of the series. Every game feels different in its own way.

I'm seeing more realistic streaks by my players as opposed to last year. It may be because I'm playing on dynamic difficulty with batting. I can't seem to graduate to All-Star, but that's quite ok with me. It feels like the right balance in terms of difficulty. I'll struggle some games, and do well in others. Last night for instance, I had 2 hits through five, and in inning six, I banged out 5 consecutive hits to tie the game at 2. I can't recall putting that many hits together in year's past.

I'm pitching on Veteran, with no dynamic difficulty administered. At times, I think I've mastered Veteran, and then I'll be trounced 7-2 by the Reds. Or I'll feel like I can just throw any pitch in the strike zone with Wainwright (cruising through 5), and all of a sudden, I let my guard down, and Jay Bruce takes me deep.

I still have the occasional difficulty with aligning my player under a fly ball, but it's very infrequent. However, tracking fly balls is a joy, especially when you have someone like Heyward who can fly to the ball. Ratings in regards to outfield defense really seem to matter more so than in year's past.

I've also been amazed at some of the misplays the CPU has made, and I mean that in a positive way. I've had two occurrences now in which they either misjudged a fly ball (Ryan Braun), or dropped the ball completely (don't recall whom). Now, I don't take anything for granted. I too have had a couple errors in the outfield. Before, it seemed that every fly ball was a sure out.

I'm still struggling with tagging up when there are more than one person on base. It can be a bit frustrating, and have run myself out of innings on stupid double plays.

Overall, I really can't say enough good things about this game. It's been a pure joy to play.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I ended up selling this to a coworker today. Game is terrific, but when it comes down to it, it's still baseball and I'm having a hard time getting games in within 30 min. Maybe Ive lost patience with baseball games and baseball in general. Our fast paced instant technological/gratification culture makes it hard for me to follow the sport anymore.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Anyone playing this on PS3?

Haven't played this game in years and my Mets actually should be a fun team to play with, at least pitching wise.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Anyone playing this on PS3?

Haven't played this game in years and my Mets actually should be a fun team to play with, at least pitching wise.
I have it on the PS4 but the PS3 version is great also. You can't go wrong with it. Definitely worth the price which should be discounted by now.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I picked this up for PS4 a couple of weeks ago and love it. I've not played The Show since 2013 and the addition of quick counts combined with Fast Play means I'm cranking out most games in less than 30 minutes... which ideally means my short attention span doesn't expire before my games do. Great fun.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Hey I just got this game yesterday. However when I went to import my MLB 14 season, several players, such as Derek Jeter, were replaced by fictional players. Is there any way to fix this?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The developers need to allow us the gamer to be able to play quick counts on the MLB Live mode. Once again, I won't finish a season, but I'd love to play the MLB Live feature, but I have a hard time playing now without quick counts.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i rebought this when it was 20 bucks at target a few weeks ago. Immesnley enjoying it more. they patched up the things that bothered me at launch. also with the cubs in the race makes it more fun to play.

last year you could trick the game into doing quick counts in the MLB Live mode. You would have to start an exhibition game with quick counts, then quit it when the game loaded in the 1st inning, then go back to MLB LIVE and it would keep the quick count option. I am not sure if that works this year as I have not tried it. but game would be even more fun if quick counts were an option in the Live mode.

Really digging diamond dynasty too. Just hope next year they expand the single player mode to something like what Madden did with Ultimate team.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My son and I created a second baseman who got drafted in the 7th round by the Texas Rangers. We're playing in the minor leagues, and can knock out 5 games easily in one sitting. The mode could have a little more depth, but it's fun to be able to trade off batting and fielding together.