PES3 ... demo vs final version, performance

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I´m finally home for a weekend, and got back on my PC. I downloaded the PES3 demo and ran it at 1024x768 at HIGH detail. 60fps constantly.
<BR>
<BR>I had been hearing this game is a total resource PIG but it ran great on my machine. My machine is not that fast:
<BR>
<BR>P4 2.0 Ghz
<BR>AGP4X, with ATI 9700 Pro, Catalyst 3.10
<BR>512 MB RAM
<BR>Soundblaster Audigy 2
<BR>I think I had no AA on, no AF... they were set to "Application Preference" but the game looked and played awesome.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Does the final version perform as well or better, or worse than the demo?
Xbox gamertag: JamesE009

snate
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snate »

Both played well for me but the final seems a bit smoother.
"They are using a new ball this year. It's livelier and that means more hitting, and more hitting means longer games, and that's the devil. It appears to be impossible to finish a game in less than two hours." - Ring Lardner 1911

prepster2k4
Mario Mendoza

Post by prepster2k4 »

I also had to run the demo at 1024x768 at high to get decent performance on a P4 2.66 with a Radeon 9800.
<BR>
<BR>When I received the full version I had to run it the same way until I installed the first patch, and now I have the resolution maxed and it is running as smooth as silk. Konami has now released a second patch as well that is supposed to help with the framerate issue, so I think you´d be fine with your current setup.
<BR>
<BR>One thing I did notice though is that the broadcast cams seem to seriously hinder the performance of the game, so I think I´m using the long cam.
<BR>
<BR>
Gamer Tag: Magnus Carver

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

James, I have an AMD athlon 2600 with 512 MB, and Nvidia Gforce 4 mx.
<BR>
<BR>I run the full version on medium detail.
<BR>
<BR>Pro Evo has a problem playing on Georce 4 MX cards...but I fixed it with a program called 3D analyzer and enabled my Hw TNL caps before starting the game.
<BR>
<BR>It runs great now with only an occasional slowdown in the box.
<BR>
<BR>I highly recommend this game.
<BR>
<BR>It is f´ing incredible.
<BR>
<BR>I am hopelessly addicted to it. I almost cry when I give up late equalizers or winners...cursing and what not....something I don´t do for any other game.
<BR>
<BR>The mods are sick...I have all the kits, a great ball, ref kits, shoes, adboards, custom stadiums(Chelsea has Crespos pictures on banners. Ajax has a soccer ball super imposed ove the midfield circle...and red and white nets.)
<BR>
<BR>Custom music for entrance scenes.
<BR>
<BR>Mods are working on a commentary patch.
<BR>
<BR>Other mods are working on an North/South American patch to play ML with MLS, mexican, Brazilian and Argentinian club teams.
<BR>
<BR>They are doing this for EPL, La Liga, Bundesligia, etc.
<BR>
<BR>The gameplay has tremendously improved from WE 6. I now find it extrememly dificult to win on 3 start level....it is a *****....and rewarding to say the least.
<BR>
<BR>Anyone with a decent PC owes it to themselves to play this gem....the greatest sports game I have ever played.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

One thing I noticed in playing the demo was how the frame rate varied depending on the camera being used. It would be too fast when zoomed out, but then when the camera would zoom in, it would be laborously slow. Have these issues been addressed?
<BR>
<BR>I still dig the heck out of WE6: IE, and I´m wondering if I should jump on the PC version or wait on the PS2 version of WE7: IE to come out? Or maybe they´ll even be an Xbox version??
<BR>
<BR>I still don´t have an analog thumbstick gamepad for my PC (using the old Advanced Gravis Gramepad USB). Maybe this explains some of my aversion to PC team sports games. Madden 2003 plays beautifully on my PC at full details with 8X AF and 4X AA, at 1024 x 768... never dips below 50 fps.
<BR>
<BR>I wind up playing NCAA 2004 on the PS2 much more often. I know part of that is due to my preference for college football and atmosphere, but I wonder how much can be laid in the lap of a using a D pad versus thumbstick.
<BR>
<BR>

pacuca
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by pacuca »

"Pro Evo has a problem playing on Georce 4 MX cards...but I fixed it with a program called 3D analyzer and enabled my Hw TNL caps before starting the game."
<BR>
<BR>pigpen,
<BR>Where can I get this program? Is it easy to use? What do I have to do to get Pro Evo- PC working with my Geforce 4 MX Card. Any tips would be greatlty appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>Also, where can I get the latest patch and any mods that are out there? Can you point me to any forums/sites devoted to the PC Version? Thanks.
<BR>
<BR>pacuca
<BR>
<BR><BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: pacuca on 23-12-2003 05:05 ]</font>

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

There are two sites I normally visit for files on the PC. First is <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.proevolutionline.com/" TARGET="_blank">ProEvolutionline</A><!-- BBCode End -->, which is dedicated to the PC version. You should also check out <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/" TARGET="_blank">the forums at evo-web</A><!-- BBCode End --> for the largest collection of downloads, as well as patches by The Wolf. Lastly there is <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.pesinsight.com" TARGET="_blank">PESinsight</A><!-- BBCode End -->, which I don´t go to as much but is where I got the newest patch from.
<BR>
<BR>BTW, am I the only one where the new patches destroy performance? I have tried installing both patches and each of them drops my framerate from 60+ to the teens or worse. I still have to use the 1.0 exe file to keep my game running smooth (albeit with some slowdown in the box).
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I have not installed any of the "official" patches from Microsoft.
<BR>
<BR>I was using the Superpatch 2 from ProEvolutionOnline.
<BR>
<BR>I am now using the Wolf´s Xmas patch....great stuff.
<BR>
<BR>It also includes an otion file for 5 or 6 teams to start ML with your real roster in tact.
<BR>
<BR>Pro-Evo are good forums...but I use Soccer Gaming....less cluttered.
<BR>
<BR>here:
<BR>
<BR><a href="http://www.soccergaming.tv/forumdisplay ... id=39">Pro Evo boards on Soccer Gaming</a>
<BR>
<BR>here for 3D analyzer, site is in German...I believe you click on the picture of it to download:
<BR>
<BR><a href="http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html">Tommo systems</a>
<BR>
<BR>when using, enable the HW TNL caps after selecting PE3 EXE...then run...you have to start Pro Evo 3 every time through this program...not that big of deal once you see how it is done.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Also, I turned off commentary last night...and now I have zero slow down in the box. There is supposed to be a fix for souncards, I haven´t tried it yet.
<BR>
<BR>I know this seems like a pain, but believe me it is worth it to play the greatest game of all time.
<BR>
<BR>When you first see those kits, in upgraded stadiums, with adboards and "We Will Rock You" playing, it brings a chill down your spine.
<BR>
<BR>Oh, BTW here is the thread for The Wolf´s X-Mas update:
<BR>
<BR><a href="http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthread.p ... 202">Wolfs Christmas Evolution patch thread</a>
<BR>
<BR><BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: pigpen81 on 23-12-2003 10:11 ]</font>

pacuca
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by pacuca »

Thanks a bunch.
<BR>
<BR>pacuca