Project Cars

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Project Cars

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Those settings are almost identical to what I am using. I guess that's not surprising :lol:

All I have is less controller filtering, but the rest is the same.
Yeah, but you're a f*ck of a lot quicker than me. :twisted:
Terry is a SUPER gamer. I bet he didn't even level up once in Bloodborne and beat the game in 2 hrs. :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish! I just change games too quickly. I was obsessed with Bloodborne for a few weeks (never came close to beating it), and then did some co-op with a buddy. Then it got lost in the shuffle of releases. Racing and sports games I always fire up randomly and play, though. Madden is about the only thing I play consistently, multiple times per week.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Did you cats automatically get the latest patch when you fired up PCars on the XB1? It was released when I was away for work this week, and I saw no prompt for an update when I just launched PCars for the first time since I returned home.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I installed it on Tuesday evening and there was a 6.9GB patch, but couldn't tell you if it was the latest one. I won't be on the Xbox again until Sunday night to check it out.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I purchased the car pack that included the Indy car and the Ford Fusion stock car last night. Pretty good pack, the Indy cars looked great and were fun to drive.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:I purchased the car pack that included the Indy car and the Ford Fusion stock car last night. Pretty good pack, the Indy cars looked great and were fun to drive.
Same here. The new 'Vette race car is really fun in that pack, too.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

This game is free next month on XBO per Games with Gold. 2/16 - 3/15.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:This game is free next month on XBO per Games with Gold. 2/16 - 3/15.
Very cool news! PCars is an excellent game once you find controller settings that work for you.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

https://youtu.be/0YrrK92fQmk

New Project Cars 2 trailer
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I think I'll run a one-hour GT3 race tonight at Bathurst in Project Cars to celebrate the very cool 12 Hours of Bathurst this weekend:

http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/bathur ... otebook-3/

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

i'd totally join u if I had this for the xbox. Once it goes free i'm in!

Until then I'll continue to try to figure out how to drive that Porsche 917/30 in AC. What a beast. Crap Brakes, Huge Power and turns like a tank from BF4!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

FifaInspected wrote: Until then I'll continue to try to figure out how to drive that Porsche 917/30 in AC. What a beast. Crap Brakes, Huge Power and turns like a tank from BF4!
You're a brave man. :)

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

https://youtu.be/2BMDeMzvr_U

Conversation w/ Andy Tudor from Slightly Mad
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Playing this one free thanks to games with gold. I'm really enjoying it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

WPatrick wrote:Playing this one free thanks to games with gold. I'm really enjoying it.
I did as well, and I'm really enjoying it also. I already had it for my PC, and still play it on Steam from time to time. I was curious to see how well it did with my Thrustmaster TX wheel on the XBox One, and I'm really surprised at how well the force feedback is implemented. The force feedback effects are more realistic with it in Project Cars than Forza 6, IMO, although Forza 6 is still my favorite racing/driving game on a console. Not a bad pick up for *free* :)

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

J_Cauthen wrote:I did as well, and I'm really enjoying it also. I already had it for my PC, and still play it on Steam from time to time. I was curious to see how well it did with my Thrustmaster TX wheel on the XBox One, and I'm really surprised at how well the force feedback is implemented. The force feedback effects are more realistic with it in Project Cars than Forza 6, IMO, although Forza 6 is still my favorite racing/driving game on a console. Not a bad pick up for *free* :)
That is very interesting. Are you playing it on the Xbox One with the stock TX controller and force feedback settings? I ask because I probably spent no less than 20 hours in the first couple months PCARS was released for Xbox trrying to get some decent steering and force feedback settings with the Thrustmaster TX. After a couple patches with no better luck I finally gave up.

Recently, I tried again to get PCARS working decently with my TX on both the PC and Xbox One and still found it pretty bad. It's hard to describe, but just not intuitive is my best description. No feel when I would expect it, no advance notice of the car about to lose grip. Very floaty, as if I was driving a boat, not a car. The best advice I got from the forums was to make car specific changes using the links below.

But even after all that, I just don't get a good feel with the TX. Maybe it's the wheel itself. However, what I have found over the years of sim racing is that FFB and control feel is definitely a personal preference to some extent and a lot like craft beers. There are those who love IPA's and all the different hoppy/fruity infusions and those that hate them. Some that love the sours and the gose and some that only love the porters and stouts.

I absolutely love the default FFB with Forza 6. Outside of changing the rotation to 360 degrees, I have had it stock with no tweakings with the TX and honestly I think it is the best force feedback and wheel control of any racing sim I have played, even iRacing. However, if you go to the Turn 10 forums, most of the really good racers seem to agree that the FFB and control in FM6 is broken. I thought it was great in FM5 and improved in FM6. I also love the default FFB and steering control with the TX in DiRT Rally on the XBox One. I would rate it my number 2 with F1 2016 number 3. PCARS and Assetto Corsa I have just not been able to dial in on the Xbox One no matter how hard I try.

On the PC, I still rate iRacing the best FFB, but it takes far more tweaking than I care for these days and every new season requires re-tweaking as physics and tire models are updated. Also, as much as I love DiRT Rally, I can't get it to feel nearly as good on the PC with the same TX wheel that I use on the Xbox, very frustrating. Right now I find the best PC racing sims for default FFB and steering feel with the TX are Automobilista and RaceRoom Racing Experience. I love how those feel and I don't tweak a thing. It certainly could just be that I am not a good enough and precise enough driver to feel the nuances that you get when taking the time to do detailed per car FFB settings in PCARS,

Anyway, JC would you mind sharing your control FFB settings for PCARS on the Xbox One as I would love to give them a go. Thanks!

PCARS FFB/Controller Settings Links I have used in the past:
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-setting ... xbox-1/121

1) General settings - from Koza_Nostra : http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-setting ... xbox-1/168
2) Per car settings - from Jack Spades (classic) just like Koza_Nostra suggested to do : http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/export (take classic)
3) Jack Spades his own thread : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showth ... aker-Files

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:Anyway, JC would you mind sharing your control FFB settings for PCARS on the Xbox One as I would love to give them a go. Thanks!
Don, I'm away from the PC from which I got my settings and I honestly can't recall where I got them. It was from some obscure (to me) forum that I hope is still in my history. I tweaked them slightly because I found them a bit weak, overall, initially. I'm also away from my XBox One until later today. I'll see if I can't get all the relevant data to you once I'm able to get my hands on them again.

One thing that I think has me disappointed in Forza 6's default FFB settings with the TX is they feel so one dimensional and generic compared to the same wheel and Forza Apex on the PC. If I could transfer the FFB and wheel performance from Forza Apex on my PC, to Forza 6 on my XBox One, I'd be in Heaven! In this day and age where the XBox One and Windows 10 PC's can share the same development platform, I don't know why this isn't possible!? :?

BTW, that's an impressive list of references you compiled in your response to my post. I do know that I used Jack Spade's settings on the PC version of PC, with my Logitech G920, and they worked good for me on that wheel, but not as well with the TX. That said, the G920 feels like a toy to me compared to the TX, in overall feel and performance. I also find I'm getting great performance out of the TX in iRacing, using default settings. The DirectX 11 enhanced iRacing has put it back at the top of my playlist here lately! :D

I'll respond to some of your other points in context later also. You've already planted the idea of changing the rotation to 360 for Forza 6. I've never gone lower than 480, for some odd reason.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I've been tinkering with this game a little but I too dislike the ff in this game it just doesnt seem intuitive to me and its so lifeless around center, any straight lines and its like the wheel is just dead. I just cant invest the time into this game it deserves because of it.
Absolute shame.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I've been undergoing the tedious, but necessary, work of finding good Xbox controller settings for Project Cars 2. PC2 features much better control out of the box with a controller than the first game, but it's still not right.

Here's the best I've found so far of about 15 settings I've tested with the same car and track. The only variable is my degree of intoxication. :)

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 25
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 10
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 25
Clutch Deadzone - 5
Clutch Sensitivity - 25
Speed Sensitivity - 100
Damper Saturation - 90
Controller Damping - 35
Controller Vibration - 90

YMMV. Will update as I try more, if needed. But I really like the above settings. Fast, predictable and stable.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This game is f##king amazing at least at Spa. I run the Corvette GT cars with a 24 car grid and the AI are almost human-like. No rear-ending, they'll try and match your speed, they'll attempt an undercut on the corners, they'll attempt a pass on the outside if you give them a chance. They'll try and block you into some corners. They'll shadow you until you screw up.

And their logic into the braking zone is spot on, the way it should be where you can race flat out and waiting for them to screw up going into the braking zone, which btw they rarely do. Way, way too many racing games get this one part wrong and you can march up the field by counting on their brake corner strategy which will let you go from dead last to a top 5 within a few laps.

Here in PCars, I find myself having to work for every pass and nailing every corner and shadowing the car in front and even that isn't a given that i'll pass them. The car and brake physics are also top notch just like in Gran Turismo. Actually I prefer the brake and car physics in PCars a little better.

When PCars works, it's massively brilliant !

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:When PCars works, it's massively brilliant !
All true. Sadly, PCars works -- at least on Xbox One -- about as often as the Kardashians decide to quit social media for a weekend.