Project Cars

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Project Cars

Post by FifaInspected »

Thanks for the response, guys.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The massive 2.0 patch apparently was released today for PS4 and XB1. I'll check it tonight.

As an aside, here's a VERY cool car setup database: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I'm not sure the XB1 patch is out yet, mate. Hopefully it is - PC and PS4 have definitely been patched - but I haven't seen anything official. I've only had one quick race on PC since 2.0 and didn't test any of the things it's meant to have fixed, though I did think the AI cars were a bit less aggressive off the start. Might have been my imagination, though.

Fifa, difficulty settings on console are due for attention in an upcoming patch, so you'll be able to increase and decrease the difficulty in 2% increments. Why 2% instead of 1%, I have no idea.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

GB_Simo wrote: Why 2% instead of 1%, I have no idea.
Slightly Mad ?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yep, there was no XB1 patch last night.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

How many of you guys have this on the PS4?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I do.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I have Project Cars on PS4 as well
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I picked up an Xbox One last week with Project Cars and am enjoying it greatly. I am at the super kart level of career mode and they are a blast to drive, especially in helmet view.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

After playing only offline quick races since i've had the game I played online with randoms last night. What a fresh experience to have everyone on the track apparently interested in racing clean. Good stuff.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

After playing Forza 5 and Horizon 2, I remembered what it was like to play a game with controls that just work. I'm tired of fighting with Project Cars to find settings that work across different types of cars and feeling like I can't really push a car because any oversteer ends up with me putting it in the wall or at least off the track.

There is a really good game somewhere in Project Cars, but I sure as hell can't consistently find it.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Project Cars will be reduced to the dustbin or bargain bin -- take your pick -- of XB1 history once Forza 6 is released. The game is an absolute mess on XB1, and the continued delay of patch 2.0 only further reinforces that Slightly Mad released the XB1 version of the game in an advanced beta state.

This may be my last purchase of a Slightly Mad product. The company has zero respect for its customers to release a game in this state and then berate anyone on its forums who offers constructive criticism or challenges studio head Ian Bell.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:Project Cars will be reduced to the dustbin or bargain bin -- take your pick -- of XB1 history once Forza 6 is released. The game is an absolute mess on XB1, and the continued delay of patch 2.0 only further reinforces that Slightly Mad released the XB1 version of the game in an advanced beta state.

This may be my last purchase of a Slightly Mad product. The company has zero respect for its customers to release a game in this state and then berate anyone on its forums who offers constructive criticism or challenges studio head Ian Bell.
Did you see the official line on the XB1 patch delay? It required resubmission because Microsoft uncovered one glitch relating to use of the Logitech G920 wheel, which isn't out yet, and won't approve the patch until that's fixed.

I'm reminded of an old favourite phrase of yours, "a truckload of Morton."
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Patch 2.0 reportedly is out today for XB1.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

pk500 wrote:Project Cars will be reduced to the dustbin or bargain bin -- take your pick -- of XB1 history once Forza 6 is released. The game is an absolute mess on XB1, and the continued delay of patch 2.0 only further reinforces that Slightly Mad released the XB1 version of the game in an advanced beta state.

Just for you regarding the 2.5 update - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35178
Ian Bell wrote:As before, welcome to us not supporting pCARS1.
In response to someone challenging him about such a comment "Not sure why you keep beating this drum. Time to move on."
Ian Bell wrote:Are you really serious?

Did you not see any of the 500 news reports and tens of thousands of posts about us being a disgrace for leaving pCARS1 for pCARS2?

I'll decide when I think it's time for me to move on, ok?
Yes, the guy has some real class.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Still got to hard reset your xbox every time or the stuttering frame rate comes back :(

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Still got to hard reset your xbox every time or the stuttering frame rate comes back :(
I always use Power Saving mode, so my XB1 hard-resets every time I turn it on.

Happy to report that Slightly Mad FINALLY has made this game acceptable on the XB1 with Patch 2.0. I didn't see a single frame of slowdown last night at tracks where there was plenty in the past, such as Brands Hatch.

But the biggest improvement for me is the addition of very accurate force feedback for the triggers. You can feel when the tires are locking under braking or when you're losing grip under acceleration FAR better than in previous versions of the game.

The trigger FFB is so much improved that I'm using the stock controller setup and driving just fine. I figured some of the tweaks to the FFB and controller in patch 2.0 would render previous settings obsolete, so I returned to stock as a baseline. Haven't needed to tweak yet with a Formula C or BMW Z4 GT3 car.

Thumbs up to SMS for this improvement. This game finally is a keeper on XB1.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

PK, which controller mode are you using, 1,2 or 3?

I reset to 3, and find it's impossible to drive the Caterham. If i move the stick any more than a cm, the car fishtails and swap ends on me. I realize i'ts probably the car, but just wondering if you used a differnt base.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Gangrel are you Nissan4ever on project cars forum, if so ive been following your wheel set up page but could you post your settings for me on here.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gangrel wrote:PK, which controller mode are you using, 1,2 or 3?

I reset to 3, and find it's impossible to drive the Caterham. If i move the stick any more than a cm, the car fishtails and swap ends on me. I realize i'ts probably the car, but just wondering if you used a differnt base.
3. I'm probably returning to the settings I used before Patch 2.0. A bit more stable with steering.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I might try the same. Wayyyy to twitchy right now.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Project Cars for PS4 and XB1 down to $39.99 this week at Best Buy.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Project Cars already down to $40 on Xbox Live: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/B ... ajornelson

I traded in my copy last week at Best Buy. Game is just too much of a chore to play, with its beta release state, endless patches that still haven't fixed all problems, design for a wheel and not a gamepad, etc.

Roll on Forza 6.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

PK - I was on vacation last week and SIL kids has Project Cars on PS4.

I'm more of an arcade racing type and I dumbed the game down to beginner level and it was still competitive. I didnt change any control settings until later where I set the sensitivity to zero.

The game was a blast to play. One of the best racers I've played in a long time. The graphics were unreal, the control I thought was fine, and I even enjoyed the PS4 controller.

I would like to buy it on XBO but my question to you is, how broke is this game on XBO?

Even with my dumbed down settings, is it still going to be a pain to play on XBO?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I can't compare PCars on the XBO to the PS4 version, as I don't have a PS4.

But if Forza 5 is a polished gem, PCars on the XBO is a No-Pest Strip. Bugs galore, even after patches. There's a fantastic racing game somewhere in the package, but I lost the stamina to wait for the patches and continue to endure the repeated arrogance of the development team about its product.

I might recommend PCars for the XBO if Forza 6 wasn't on the horizon. I probably still would own it. But with Forza 6 being released in five weeks, it was easy for me to jettison PCars.