Rock Band 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rock Band 4

Post by Brando70 »

I have really become a big fan of the freestyle guitar solos. I know it makes the game a lot easier on guitar, but it is so much fun when I pull one off that sounds good. I especially like them when you have longer solos to get in a groove -- especially something like "Freebird."

On the drum side, though, I really dislike the dynamic fills. They feel very arbitrary and don't add much to the song. They have the interruption of the classic fills (where the drum sound usually changes) without the fun of making your own fill. I usually just play on the static setting and follow the whole song.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:I have really become a big fan of the freestyle guitar solos. I know it makes the game a lot easier on guitar, but it is so much fun when I pull one off that sounds good. I especially like them when you have longer solos to get in a groove -- especially something like "Freebird."
Totally with you here!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

RB1 songs now available for free individually for Xbox One if you purchased the export pack on the 360:
http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/link/ ... ock-Band-4
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Cymbals came today. Took about 30 minutes to install them but wow.. what a difference. REALLY feels like drums now!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Rock Band 1 songs can now be imported on Xbox One, but you have to do it in the XBO dashboard, not through the game:

--In the dashboard, hit start and go to Manage game
--To the right, you should see the option to install all the RB1 songs. It may take a few moments for it to show up, but if you click install, it will start working.
--Import is 1.3G, so it will take a while

A lot of fun songs on that first disc. Looking forward to trying Green Grass and High Tides with freestyle solos.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

This is the best Rock Band yet, hands down.

We have every weekend booked with friends since getting it. I have a nice stereo hooked to the xbox so Rock Band shakes the house when we play. :)

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

MizzouRah wrote:This is the best Rock Band yet, hands down.

We have every weekend booked with friends since getting it. I have a nice stereo hooked to the xbox so Rock Band shakes the house when we play. :)
I have mine hooked up my stereo too. Being able to crank the songs adds a lot, especially when the crowd gets into it and sings. I loved playing some old favorites yesterday from the first game -- "Green Grass and High Tides" on guitar and "Maps" on drums in particular.

Really looking forward to RB2 being exportable. That was my favorite on-disc set.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Any word of Beatles Rock Band becoming available for RB4? That's when I for sure pull the trigger.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Spooky wrote:Any word of Beatles Rock Band becoming available for RB4? That's when I for sure pull the trigger.
I don't think that is happening, Spooky. I don't believe Harmonix has the rights to allow Beatles Rock Band to be exported. There are some tracks missing from previous games for the same reason (Metallica, Journey, Black Sabbath).

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Brando70 wrote:
Spooky wrote:Any word of Beatles Rock Band becoming available for RB4? That's when I for sure pull the trigger.
I don't think that is happening, Spooky. I don't believe Harmonix has the rights to allow Beatles Rock Band to be exported. There are some tracks missing from previous games for the same reason (Metallica, Journey, Black Sabbath).
Ahhh..Yeah. That makes sense. Bummer. Wonder if that game could ever just be a BC game for download...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

FYI, Gamestop has the base game and the new guitar for $80 right now, which is the same price as the game and legacy adapter on XB1. Normally, the game and guitar are $130. Since my old guitars are kind of janky, I think this is a good time to jump in.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:
I have mine hooked up my stereo too. Being able to crank the songs adds a lot, especially when the crowd gets into it and sings. I loved playing some old favorites yesterday from the first game -- "Green Grass and High Tides" on guitar and "Maps" on drums in particular.

Really looking forward to RB2 being exportable. That was my favorite on-disc set.
I can just sit down and sing 10-12 songs at a time.. annoys the whole house! :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Created a band called DSP Destruction in Rock Band Rivals on Xbox One if anyone is interested, there can be up to 10 members in the band with weekly challenges where each member can play any or all of the three selected theme songs of the week and the score goes toward the band. I played two of the three songs for this week on medium with guitar and bass, I believe any band member can try those again at any level to get better scores for the band. The band can also get Crew XP for playing other songs in their library that match the theme of the week.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone