Anyone tried the PS4 motorcycle games - MXGP / MotoGP?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Anyone tried the PS4 motorcycle games - MXGP / MotoGP?

Post by Dave »

I might end up getting a PS4 later this month and MXGP and MotoGP 14 are two next gen exclusives that interest me on the system. The reviews are so/so but I haven't played a MotoGP game in a few years or a motocross game since the PS1, seems like they could be a couple of unique games to play--anyone spent much time with them?
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Anyone tried the PS4 motorcycle games - MXGP / MotoGP?

Post by F308GTB »

Have MotoGP 14 on the PC and enjoy it. I was a little wary since many online reviews say there are issues, but it's been enjoyable, particularly working up through the lower classes. The game has a steep jump in difficulty. I had to back off the difficulty as the field was simply way too fast and running well off the back on my own merely hot lapping a race was not enjoyable.

I'd really like to get MXGP, but the handling just seems a bit wonky for me, and I've heard once you master that, the game is super easy. You can check

MXGP - http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/mxgp-pc-ps3-full-review/
http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/motogp-14-review-ps4-pc/

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

MXGP is $5 on Steam this week. I'm leaning towards getting it at that price.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

cfiore
Mario Mendoza

Post by cfiore »

Dave wrote:I might end up getting a PS4 later this month and MXGP and MotoGP 14 are two next gen exclusives that interest me on the system. The reviews are so/so but I haven't played a MotoGP game in a few years or a motocross game since the PS1, seems like they could be a couple of unique games to play--anyone spent much time with them?
I have both for PS4 and I would say the MXGP is the hands down best MX game out there, possibly ever. It is really good. MotoGP 14 was ok, I am a MotoGP & F1 fanatic so I always buy them. MotoGP 15 is much better than 14 was imho. They improved the movement of the riders on the bikes and just little things. If you are a bike racing fan and have not played one in a while, you will probably really enjoy both. I would recommend 15 over 14 though. And MotoGP 15 just had a patch drop a couple days ago, haven't tried it since the patch though.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Naples39 wrote:MXGP is $5 on Steam this week. I'm leaning towards getting it at that price.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
Steam has a free demo of MXGP, so try it. I bought it at $5 last year. Haven't touched it lately, but it's a fun diversion. At first the handling/control takes some getting used to, but once you have it down it's pretty easy. Even on the highest difficulty the AI can be beaten. That's the only negative. Race clean and you'll win.