Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Post by Diablo25 »

TCrouch wrote:Next time you're climbing a wall and you can see handholds or ledges---just move the L stick slowly in any direction. You'll see Drake's hand move to match. It gives you very precise control over which handhold you're going to grab onto. When you're in some of those sections with multiple little holds to grab, it's really cool to be able to reach for the exact one I want, especially if some are dead ends, which I've run into already.
That is 'friggin' awesome :). Haha I'm a grown man and I'm excited about this stuff. It's like XXXIV says, you only have one life...may as well enjoy it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Exactly! I felt like such a moron, with the wife laughing at me...as I randomly moved his hand around and was mesmerized.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Multiplayer is VERY fun. Been messing with the MP trials which reward you relic points to upgrade. DIGGIN' this game hard right now!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Wow....what an intro! Such gorgeous visuals thus far. And Naughty Dog sure knows how to tell a story and introduce new and interesting characters.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:Wow....what an intro! Such gorgeous visuals thus far. And Naughty Dog sure knows how to tell a story and introduce new and interesting characters.
Love ND games. Their unique style, and presentation is like no other. The characters just keep you immersed in the story like no other video game. The details on some characters are so well done bringing them to real life like appearance, their emotions. The storytelling, the narrative is very well done.

I can tell that this Nathan Drake will keep me busy for awhile just like Lara Croft did for me on the last TR.

I felt like 'El Chapo' escaping from that prison... 8)

The scuba diving job was pretty cool and beautiful to experience. Time just flew by.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Uncharted 4 MP is pretty damn fun. A little taste of the trials where you can game XP, etc.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

5+ hours into the story and loving the s*** out of it. ND is an incredible developer. Story is great so far. Having a ball with it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:5+ hours into the story and loving the s*** out of it. ND is an incredible developer. Story is great so far. Having a ball with it.
Yeah, it's one of those games where I am completely OK to put the MP aside temporarily, while I dig into the offline mode. Characters are so alive...

Problem for me so far is that I am sooo hooked on Diamond Dynasty, that I should put more time into this one.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Damn fun :D

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The PS1 throwback w Crash Bandicoot is just awesome.

And the storytelling so far is incredible. Yes I'm a bit late to the party here but glad I picked it up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The PS1 throwback w Crash Bandicoot is just awesome.

And the storytelling so far is incredible. Yes I'm a bit late to the party here but glad I picked it up.
It'll only get better and better as you move on...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The PS1 throwback w Crash Bandicoot is just awesome.

I literally just played through the Crash Bandicoot scene. It floored me that it was playable! And I agree, the storytelling is very engaging, something that I rarely pay attention to in other games. So far, U4 is on the same level as The Last of Us, which is saying a lot.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I picked it up last week and have been loving it so far. Really like how the story is set up, and now that I'm 8 chapters in, the gameplay has picked up as well. The interplay between the characters is so good, and I love how they will elevate an otherwise dry section of walking from point A to point B with interesting dialog. Naughty Dog is really the best at that level of characterization.

The game is so breathtaking visually, I have been snapping a lot of shots in photo mode because the scenery is so gorgeous.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'm heading back into the campaign tonight. Been away from it for a few days and can't wait to see where the story goes.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am in absolute awe of this game. The level I am on is stunning. The action and storytelling are phenomenal. I cannot say enough about Naughty Dog.

Pretty cool action scene below (nothing story related) for those without a PS4. If you are past the Madagascar part of the game then you have seen it. I guess it's a slight spoiler if you plan on playing the game. Awesome stuff.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The chase through King's Bay was one of the most entertaining sequences ever in this series.

The only thing I would ding it on so far is the combat. It feels almost exactly the same as it has for the last couple of games, and there are times when I would rather keep exploring than take out yet another squad of goons.

The locations, though, have been superb. I have been taking lots of photos via photo mode because the scenery and visuals are so fantastic.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Finished Uncharted 4 over the weekend. It was a great ending for one of my favorite franchises. In terms of gameplay, I still think Uncharted 2 is the best of the series, but this had my favorite story and avoided the changes in tone that always threw a bit of a curveball with the previous games. I enjoyed looking for the journal entries, letters, etc. that helped flesh out what had happened to Captain Avery and the other pirates.

The locations were superb throughout. Even though the game remained linear, there was a lot more openness to explore the levels. The sense of vastness to the levels worked really well, too -- being in a city or on an island or out in the wild felt wide open even if the paths funneled you toward the objectives. I stopped and enjoyed the scenery much more than in any other Uncharted game.

Only a couple minor complaints. I wish some of the combat encounters could have been completely avoided by sneaking around enemies -- I could use stealth to take them out but not sneak past. That would have fit with the vibe of the story more.

The story with Nate's brother was interesting, but Sam's character was not as entertaining as Sully or Elena. I missed having them around more. And while Nadine was used very well early on, it's almost like they didn't know what to do with her after her initial appearance.

Overall, this is a textbook case on how to both end a series and go out before the formula gets old. Fantastic game.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Spin-off game coming out.

CAN'T WAIT.

Love the Uncharted series. 4 was a perfect game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncha ... 0-6449284/

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lost Legacy is coming up in less than a month, Nadine and Chloe are the main characters, the game apparently looks fantastic on the PS4 Pro.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Lost Legacy is coming up in less than a month, Nadine and Chloe are the main characters, the game apparently looks fantastic on the PS4 Pro.

I've been following it. Uncharted is arguably my favorite franchise. 8/22.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So its Tomb Raider? :D

I also love how she casually murders 10 people so she can get some treasure.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:So its Tomb Raider? :D

I also love how she casually murders 10 people so she can get some treasure.
Tomb Raider has made its recent rebirth by mimicking Uncharted's blueprint. To answer your question it is very much like TR but better. My opinion.

For the record I love the new iterations of TR. Loved them.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looks like Uncharted, but with women lead characters. I know I'll play it at some point, but for whatever reason, I'm not that excited at this point. I'm not a fan of the voice acting. It tries to sound like Nathan Drake, but you can't replace his dry humor.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: Tomb Raider has made its recent rebirth by mimicking Uncharted's blueprint. To answer your question it is very much like TR but better. My opinion.

I don't 100% agree because Tomb Raider is slightly more open world then UC which is very linear and also there is a huge TR fan base. I think the rebirth has to do with the fact they are kick ass games with great stories. I feel both series make you feel like you're in a movie and of course the similarities in game play are evident.

I'm currently playing the one this thread is titled after, got it on a flash sale and it my favorite UC so far but I still enjoyed the last 2 Tomb Raiders more than uncharted series 1-3 (can't comment on 4 yet) as a whole. I can't really say why, perhaps I just like the main character more. I enjoyed Last of Us more than any game I've ever played though so who knows what it is that grabs me.

Now this game, I will wait for a sale or some reviews. I have so many games that are not finished right now and I don't really care for the character in this video, I remember her from previous games. Can you switch between the 2 characters in this game?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: Tomb Raider has made its recent rebirth by mimicking Uncharted's blueprint. To answer your question it is very much like TR but better. My opinion.

I don't 100% agree because Tomb Raider is slightly more open world then UC which is very linear and also there is a huge TR fan base. I think the rebirth has to do with the fact they are kick ass games with great stories. I feel both series make you feel like you're in a movie and of course the similarities in game play are evident.

I'm currently playing the one this thread is titled after, got it on a flash sale and it my favorite UC so far but I still enjoyed the last 2 Tomb Raiders more than uncharted series 1-3 (can't comment on 4 yet) as a whole. I can't really say why, perhaps I just like the main character more. I enjoyed Last of Us more than any game I've ever played though so who knows what it is that grabs me.

Now this game, I will wait for a sale or some reviews. I have so many games that are not finished right now and I don't really care for the character in this video, I remember her from previous games. Can you switch between the 2 characters in this game?
The Last of Us sunk its teeth into me and didn't let go. What a game that was!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25