XBox Live vs. Chromecast?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

XBox Live vs. Chromecast?

Post by JackB1 »

Is there any reason to keep my XBL subscription going if I never play online games anymore?
I really like using my 360 console for Youtube, Netflix, Watch ESPN, Internet Explorer, etc.,
but isn't it cheaper to just use a $35 Chromecast and do it all that way? I head that Chromecast
can be laggy if you don't have a speedy internet connection and that the quality isn't
always so great?

any advice guys?

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox Live vs. Chromecast?

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Well you can cast YT, Netflix, Watch ESPN, HBO Go and more with the chromecast, that is if your using iOS or Android on your phone/tablet.

If you have an Android device, you can cast you screen (Internet Browsing) on your tv.

Plus you can cast the Chrome browser from any PC.

So on your particular case I see now reason why the Chromecast wouldn't serve your needs.

As far as quality is concerned, I really don't notice any difference when using Netflix on Chromecast, PS3, Vizio app or even from my laptop (Chrome browser).

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

JackB1 wrote:Is there any reason to keep my XBL subscription going if I never play online games anymore?
I really like using my 360 console for Youtube, Netflix, Watch ESPN, Internet Explorer, etc.,
but isn't it cheaper to just use a $35 Chromecast and do it all that way? I head that Chromecast
can be laggy if you don't have a speedy internet connection and that the quality isn't
always so great?

any advice guys?
You no longer need a gold acct to watch netflix and other apps. Free silver is enough.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Inuyasha wrote:
JackB1 wrote:Is there any reason to keep my XBL subscription going if I never play online games anymore?
always so great?

any advice guys?
You no longer need a gold acct to watch netflix and other apps. Free silver is enough.
I didn't know that! Thanks :)

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Well you can cast YT, Netflix, Watch ESPN, HBO Go and more with the chromecast, that is if your using iOS or Android on your phone/tablet.

If you have an Android device, you can cast you screen (Internet Browsing) on your tv.

So on your particular case I see now reason why the Chromecast wouldn't serve your needs.

As far as quality is concerned, I really don't notice any difference when using Netflix on Chromecast, PS3, Vizio app or even from my laptop (Chrome browser).
I borrowed a friend's chromecast to try it out and casting from my iphone worked pretty good, but trying to view my Chrome browser casting my laptop to my TV was very laggy.
The XBL Internet Explorer App is much faster and also graphically better.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

JackB1 wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Well you can cast YT, Netflix, Watch ESPN, HBO Go and more with the chromecast, that is if your using iOS or Android on your phone/tablet.

I borrowed a friend's chromecast to try it out and casting from my iphone worked pretty good, but trying to view my Chrome browser casting my laptop to my TV was very laggy.
As Don Mattrick would say - stick w the 360. 360 does a better job for netflix and streaming than other devices in my experience.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Inuyasha wrote:
JackB1 wrote:

As Don Mattrick would say - stick w the 360. 360 does a better job for netflix and streaming than other devices in my experience.
I will....as long as I don't need to pay for a Gold membership to do it :)

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Hey, if it's free, no doubt, stick with the 360.