Digital Sportspage

Talk about sports gaming
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 13368
http://kotaku.com/first-news-on-mlb-14- ... 1510127498


Apparently an online Franchise will be included in this years' version too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8670
Location: St. Louis
Thanks for the link. Those vids are for the PS3 version, which by the way look really nice. The early impressions sound quite positive, especially the fielding control. Running animations looked improved too.

Here's hoping they improve the presentation and commentary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 11592
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Are people really clamoring for an online franchise for this game? Who has the time to play this many games and I always thought the online play had lag issues, did they fix that?

_________________
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:10 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8670
Location: St. Louis
Can't say online franchise appeals to me whatsoever. That's way too much of an investment of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:00 am
Posts: 1799
I've been playing 13 a lot over the last week and have been loving it. I actually played a random online game on sunday and it was by far the best online baseball game i've ever played. It was a huge improvement over my limited experience playing 12 online.

As for online franchise.. I could see it being very enjoyable with a short schedule and a few good friends.

It's a bit odd though that information about 14 is so limited being it's almost Feb. We don't even have a release date yet.

_________________
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 13368
I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
Full feature list for the game released.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/02/17/co ... 4-the-show

_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
thanks.

thankful, television/commentary 'option' is back for RTTS mode. For me this made RTTS unplayable, and is why i passed on MLB The Show, last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 368
10spro wrote:
I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.


Good call Nostradamus! :wink: :lol:


I'm leaning towards the PS4 for my next-gen console purchase. Will you guys be playing online together with MLB 14 The Show like we do with NHL 14?


-MERACE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 7597
Location: In Transition, IL
I think year-to-year saves are going to be huge. I really hope other sports games copy this feature.

I have always played franchise in this game, but with the Cubs ineptitude and the revamping of RTTS, I may stick with that mode this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:03 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 13368
MERACE wrote:
10spro wrote:
I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.


Good call Nostradamus! :wink: :lol:


I'm leaning towards the PS4 for my next-gen console purchase. Will you guys be playing online together with MLB 14 The Show like we do with NHL 14?


-MERACE

I'll be up for some games Mark. Doubt baseball will be as popular with some of the Ice Dragon boys but we should hook up for some vs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 6034
Location: The Illadelph
MERACE wrote:
10spro wrote:
I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.


Good call Nostradamus! :wink: :lol:


I'm leaning towards the PS4 for my next-gen console purchase. Will you guys be playing online together with MLB 14 The Show like we do with NHL 14?


-MERACE


I'm also leaning towards getting a PS4 when this comes out, having sat on the next-gen sideline thus far. I'll wait and see though.

_________________
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1576
Naples39 wrote:
I'm also leaning towards getting a PS4 when this comes out, having sat on the next-gen sideline thus far. I'll wait and see though.


personally, I plan to not get the PS4 version. As the MLB 14 PS4 version will not have SOTS (Sounds of the Show). To me, customized audio trumps 'eye candy'. In my opinion, you know


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
First MLB 14 The Show dev diary is out...quick counts and player lock covered.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/ ... ayer-lock/


_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 am 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8670
Location: St. Louis
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.


Love the quick counts, but I'm with you about the player lock. Dumb!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:42 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 11592
Location: Chicago, Illinois
I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?

_________________
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:46 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 6034
Location: The Illadelph
Quicker games is always on my list of desirable things in sports games if I'm going to playing seasons. It's tricky to do that without compromising stats and realism though.

This increases my interest in the game.

_________________
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Starting 5
Starting 5
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:00 am
Posts: 801
Location: Oceanside, CA
sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.


Love the quick counts, but I'm with you about the player lock. Dumb!


As someone who plays a lot of RTTS, I'm actually looking forward to this feature especially for exhibition games. I think it's fun...

_________________
_______________
[url=http://www.plaay.com]Unplug and PLAAY[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/388110344912856/]PLAAY Facebook Community[/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:51 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 21087
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Danimal wrote:
I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?


It's funny...I thought the same thing until I listened to the reasoning of them including it in that video above. Walks. I swing at damn near everything so I never walk, thus my OBP is always only slightly higher than my BA. Having quick counts should help with that a bit. I like it. Never really was a fan of throwing an actual 100+ pitches, so this should cut that in half at least. We'll see how it goes I guess. At least it's not mandatory or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 11592
Location: Chicago, Illinois
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?


It's funny...I thought the same thing until I listened to the reasoning of them including it in that video above. Walks. I swing at damn near everything so I never walk, thus my OBP is always only slightly higher than my BA. Having quick counts should help with that a bit. I like it. Never really was a fan of throwing an actual 100+ pitches, so this should cut that in half at least. We'll see how it goes I guess. At least it's not mandatory or anything.


Yeah, I'll admit it has increased my interest in the game, just not something I would of thought of including. I'm afraid it won't help me, give me a 3-0 count I'd still have a 70% shot of striking out.

_________________
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 7597
Location: In Transition, IL
I like the way they explained it. It's a nice balance between simming a game and playing it out. I could see myself using quick counts for some games in a series -- maybe play the first game and then do QC games for the rest. I also like that it could help generate walks for human pitchers, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:11 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
PS4 release date = May 6th. :)

http://forums.theshownation.com/attachm ... 1394747260

_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:31 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am
Posts: 13368
Not happy about the $70 raise north of the border, as many of you know also, the PS4 is being raised by $50 bucks too. Maybe, I find some games for a trade in, if not I may just get the PS3 version.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 14 The Show
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 pm 
Offline
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 8525
Location: Pennsylvania
10spro wrote:
Not happy about the $70 raise north of the border, as many of you know also, the PS4 is being raised by $50 bucks too. Maybe, I find some games for a trade in, if not I may just get the PS3 version.


WTF? BS by Sony.

_________________
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group