It's Hockey Night- Season 14-15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: It's Hockey Night- Season 14-15

Post by ScoopBrady »

Guys, let's keep the talk to hockey. Busting balls is one thing but actual cheap shots have no place on these forums. We're a family, let's act like one. This goes both ways.

With that said, Go Hawks!! Kane has developed into a special player. He has made a huge difference with the offense of this team. He comes to play in the playoffs.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Guys, let's keep the talk to hockey. Busting balls is one thing but actual cheap shots have no place on these forums. We're a family, let's act like one. This goes both ways.

With that said, Go Hawks!! Kane has developed into a special player. He has made a huge difference with the offense of this team. He comes to play in the playoffs.
To me, Kane is the best player in the game right now and might end up as one of the greatest clutch players ever. 102 playoff games played and he's got 102 points....that's amazing. As a Blues fan, I don't even hate him. I wish the Hawks would have taken the Blues offer at the 2007 draft.. :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

10spro wrote:Strangest things happen when you miss a yawning cage. Those resilient Flames came back again from the dead as they pulled a huge win after two early key saves from Ramo in OT. Little Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau just hit the perfect wrister to tie it up, taking the game into OT. This should give a bit of a boost for the 1st line that's been rather invisible so far with only one point in three games.

Still Ducks are a better and deeper team.
That was one of the best shots I've seen. It was karma after the "obvious" goal (that apparently wasn't so obvious) was taken away from them. Kid is legit.

Unlucky with the delay of game penalty while trying to simply clear a puck out, but it is what it is. Flames came alive in that game, which was good to see.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

tjung0831 wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Guys, let's keep the talk to hockey. Busting balls is one thing but actual cheap shots have no place on these forums. We're a family, let's act like one. This goes both ways.

To me, Kane is the best player in the game right now and might end up as one of the greatest clutch players ever. 102 playoff games played and he's got 102 points....that's amazing. As a Blues fan, I don't even hate him. I wish the Hawks would have taken the Blues offer at the 2007 draft.. :lol:
I dont think hes the best player on the team so I wouldnt go that far but I will say he is winning me over.

He is on fire, he is a special player and the Blues would have someone who can score in the playoffs if they had him.

The Hawks as a whole are a special team.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
10spro wrote:Strangest things happen when you miss a yawning cage. Those resilient Flames came back again from the dead as they pulled a huge win after two early key saves from Ramo in OT. Little Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau just hit the perfect wrister to tie it up, taking the game into OT. This should give a bit of a boost for the 1st line that's been rather invisible so far with only one point in three games.

Still Ducks are a better and deeper team.
That was one of the best shots I've seen. It was karma after the "obvious" goal (that apparently wasn't so obvious) was taken away from them. Kid is legit.

Unlucky with the delay of game penalty while trying to simply clear a puck out, but it is what it is. Flames came alive in that game, which was good to see.
I missed the fun. We do go to sleep on those games. :oops: Will be there for the Hawk series though.

10s I cant believe you wrote yawning cage. :P

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

XXXIV wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:

I dont think hes the best player on the team so I wouldnt go that far but I will say he is winning me over.

He is on fire, he is a special player and the Blues would have someone who can score in the playoffs if they had him.

The Hawks as a whole are a special team.
The Blues do have the one guy that can score in the playoffs....their problem is they only have one.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

True man cannot live by Tarasenko alone.

Hawks have 4 players in the top 8 point getters up to this point.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The Ducks have survived with one line being able to score, but they do it exceptionally well. Kesler comes in on that second line and gets it done in a lot of cases, but Perry and Getzlaf are just on another planet most of the time. It would be a fun matchup with Chicago's top line if they don't do something stupid like drop game 4 to the Flames, too.

They looked a little sluggish in the 3rd last night for the first time in about 3 months, it seems. And that no-goal call seemed to enrage Calgary, but I'm betting it's tough to put together that kind of adrenaline again. I don't think it swings that way again next game, but we'll see.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

TCrouch wrote:The Ducks have survived with one line being able to score, but they do it exceptionally well. Kesler comes in on that second line and gets it done in a lot of cases, but Perry and Getzlaf are just on another planet most of the time. It would be a fun matchup with Chicago's top line if they don't do something stupid like drop game 4 to the Flames, too.

They looked a little sluggish in the 3rd last night for the first time in about 3 months, it seems. And that no-goal call seemed to enrage Calgary, but I'm betting it's tough to put together that kind of adrenaline again. I don't think it swings that way again next game, but we'll see.
Local St. Louis boy Patrick Maroon is a nice 3rd wheel on that Perry and Getzlaf line. I've seen a lot of players over the years...pro, juniors..etc and I still to this day have never seen anybody with hands like Maroon. If his skating was better, there is no doubt in my mind that he'd be a premier NHL power foward. When it comes to his hands, he's like a damn magician with the puck.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

He had a gorgeous toe drag last night that a defender barely got a stick on preventing a clean shot. Guy is legit, but overshadowed by the twin titans on that line.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Here we go again. Seven minutes in and its Plekanec with the stupid penalty. :evil:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

These guys on TV talking about bad luck. Bad luck my ass. They are the lowest scoring team that made the playoffs for a reason.... Thats not bad luck thats lack of finishing talent.

Only down one and played a VERY good second period.

ONE period to save the season...

LETS GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

What pressure the Bolts put on the Habs on the last minute. Price has kept them in the game, got to be heartbreaking. Johnson keeps plugging away with his diminutive size, a reversal of roles from last year.

Feel for ya XXXIV.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:What pressure the Bolts put on the Habs on the last minute. Price has kept them in the game, got to be heartbreaking. Johnson keeps plugging away with his diminutive size, a reversal of roles from last year.
Maybe a little heart breaking.

MOTHER f***er COCK SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucked ass but our friend Jimmy( Through XBOX Live party chat) was here to save my TV and my furniture.

The better coached team won. The better team won. All we have is Price. TB has a team , a coach and a GM with a f***in brain.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Who had the Caps up by two games at this point?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

The moment Johnson scored I feared for XXXIV's mental health.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Macca00 wrote:The moment Johnson scored I feared for XXXIV's mental health.
That horse left the barn years ago. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Was pretty cool talking with Jimmy while watching the game. Not a bad idea at all going into the future.

His feed was 5-6 seconds behindmine. When TB scored in the last second he didnt believe it because of the way I said it like nothing important happened.

Oh and in re reading my earlier post... In case anyone was confused I wasnt talking to 10s when I said MFER CSER! I was referring to that goal.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Anyone think the Rangers have a chance? Of all the teams left I like the Rangers the most. If they can get to game 7 I like their chances

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

fletcher21 wrote:Anyone think the Rangers have a chance? Of all the teams left I like the Rangers the most. If they can get to game 7 I like their chances
Before the playoffs started I thought the finals would be the Hawks beating the Rangers.

The Rangers are a better team than the Caps and they're not dead yet, but they have a pretty tough hill to climb now.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am rooting for the Caps but I have NOT counted the Rangers out.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Rangers are timeless. Best uniforms, most historic stadium, most iconic American team. I also don't like the caps. Ovechkin is a reptilian. I think it will go 7, it's just a matter of whether or not the Rangers can find scoring. Henrik will keep them close in every game.

Regardless, no one is beating the hawks, especially none of the eastern conference teams. Western conference finals might as well be considered the cup finals. Showtime will get finals mvp and Chicago will be title town again

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I like Montreal 3-1 tonight to avoid sweep
I like Chicago 3-2 tonight for the sweep

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Massive dive leads to a Lightning goal.

Tell me how they thats a penalty and not a f***in DIVE?!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... 17&page=21

Disgusting.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

That was nice.

No bad penalties by the Habs...The refs picked up some of that slack by calling BULLSHIT. They were s***!

f*** them and moving on...

I enjoyed the effort by the boys to avoid the sweep and it was quite the effort. AWESOME! I did not see that coming!

Get to hear that fat broad sing Oh Canada one more time. :D

GO HABS GO!