NBA Season 2014-15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Season 2014-15

Post by Rodster »

I can't believe i've turned into an NBA junkie. I'm looking forward to the Heat's season though i'm not expecting much. The one standout so far and it's too early is the Heat's 2013 2nd rd pick, James Ennis. He's showing potential in his game and scored 17 pts in the 1st Heat's preseason game. Shabazz Napier, so far a miss but time will tell. The starting 5 for the Heat need to gel but I seriously doubt if they'll make it past the 1st rd of the playoffs. So far the Heat are betting the house on 2016 especially with the new NBA TV deal that just went down. I would love to see KD in a Heat's uniform and that's one player Pat Riley is targeting.

The Cav's are a big ? mark if they can't play D. Will they even gel this year with KL, LBJ and KI? The new coach is a huge ? mark as well. Definitely no hate for LBJ but I'm not seeing that team as a lock. The only favorite I can think of is San Antonio with Pops.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Season 2014-15

Post by ScoopBrady »

In Chicago there's only one question that will sum up the entire season. Can Derrick Rose stay healthy all season.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So far so good for Derrick Rose. He's one fun player to watch. Kinda reminds me of a young D-Wade.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I feel pretty good about Rose staying healthy. How he will play is another matter. But I have already talked myself into believing Nikola Mirotic is a Montenegrin Kevin Love. :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I haven't been this excited for an opening night in like five years. It's gonna be a ridiculously interesting season. Tons of story lines.

First prediction. Anthony Davis MVP.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Damn, Julius Randle broke his leg in his first NBA game. Wow.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah i'm definitely looking forward to tonights Heat game. They're no longer the favorites for anything this year so every game will count. I doubt McRoberts will be in the starting lineup tonight. I'm more interested to see how the Big 3 in Cleveland play at the start of the season and if LeBron will have the same problems with KL and KI as he did when he came to Miami.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Caught the end of the Spurs-Mavs game, great close finish. Since my Knicks are going nowhere, I wouldn't mind the Spurs winning again. Yesterday, I was watching an NBATV discussion with Pop, Duncan, Parker and Ginobli. Talking about when each of them joined the teams and their ups and downs. Easy to root for those guys.

Still looking forward to Knicks-Bulls tonight. And I'll be watching the new look Cavs play the Knicks tomorrow.

Barring a miracle in NY, I'd like to see a Cavs-Spurs finals.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I haven't been this excited for an opening night in like five years. It's gonna be a ridiculously interesting season. Tons of story lines.

First prediction. Anthony Davis MVP.
Oooh, ballsy. Not an ounce of sarcasm, either. It's going to be tough for anyone to topple LeBron from the MVP perch, but Davis is a monster ready to explode.

There is one storyline about which I'm skeptical: The anointing of Steve Kerr as the love child of Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach. We know Kerr is a smart guy. We know he should be better than Mark Jackson. But hell, every story and podcast I've listened to seems to put Kerr among the five best coaches in the NBA before he's even coached one game.

I think the most compelling race in the league will be the battle for the sixth, seventh and eighth playoff spots in the West. Damn, that conference is ridiculously deep.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Damn, Julius Randle broke his leg in his first NBA game. Wow.
I feel bad for Randle. I feel zero sympathy for the Lakers. It's going to be fun to see how long it takes Kobe to spontaneously combust from playing on a sh*t team.

Let the slide to the Lottery begin for the Lakers. Love it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I'm more interested to see how the Big 3 in Cleveland play at the start of the season and if LeBron will have the same problems with KL and KI as he did when he came to Miami.
It will be interesting to see how their skills blend. But I don't think there will be the same chemistry issues in Cleveland as there were in Miami. The Heat were Wade's team when LeBron arrived, and he had to tiptoe around that. Plus Pat Riley was a MASSIVE personality in the front office, larger than LeBron in the team's hierarchy.

LeBron is the clear alpha dog and leader in Cleveland now. It's his team.

Irving should lap up everything LeBron tells him, as he's done nothing in his short career other than put up some numbers. Love has more established credentials, but he's never played in a playoff game, let alone won one, so he should heed every syllable from LeBron, too.

LeBron is in total control in Cleveland. Different than South Beach in 2010.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:I'm more interested to see how the Big 3 in Cleveland play at the start of the season and if LeBron will have the same problems with KL and KI as he did when he came to Miami.
It will be interesting to see how their skills blend. But I don't think there will be the same chemistry issues in Cleveland as there were in Miami. The Heat were Wade's team when LeBron arrived, and he had to tiptoe around that. Plus Pat Riley was a MASSIVE personality in the front office, larger than LeBron in the team's hierarchy.

LeBron is the clear alpha dog and leader in Cleveland now. It's his team.

Irving should lap up everything LeBron tells him, as he's done nothing in his short career other than put up some numbers. Love has more established credentials, but he's never played in a playoff game, let alone won one, so he should heed every syllable from LeBron, too.

LeBron is in total control in Cleveland. Different than South Beach in 2010.
Yeah but we'll have to see how KI reacts when he's put in D-Wade's shoes. Lets also see how their D looks as well. LeBron no question has D, not sure about KL and KI. And lets see how their new HC calls the game that is unless LeBron decides to call his own plays like he did with Coach Spo in Miami.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sixers!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good Lord, my Knicks are WRETCHED. How has anyone predicted this group as a playoff team?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:Good Lord, my Knicks are WRETCHED. How has anyone predicted this group as a playoff team?
Exactly who predicted that? Hope Melo likes his money :) That new triangle offense lasted 10 minutes.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote:Good Lord, my Knicks are WRETCHED. How has anyone predicted this group as a playoff team?
Exactly who predicted that? Hope Melo likes his money :) That new triangle offense lasted 10 minutes.
Multiple media outlets picked the Knicks to finish seventh or eighth in the East. They're all higher than me on XBL. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That was a SICK jam, Rod. The definition of posterized.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Well I'm sure they'll rebound tonight against Lebron and company! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Well I'm sure they'll rebound tonight against Lebron and company! :lol:
Yeah, lose by 15 or less, probably. :evil:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

LeBron on tonight's game against the Knicks. :lol:

"For me, I know all of us shouldn't take this moment for granted," James said after shootaround Thursday in advance of the Cavs' home game against the New York Knicks. "This is probably one of the biggest sporting events that is up there ever."

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:LeBron on tonight's game against the Knicks. :lol:

"For me, I know all of us shouldn't take this moment for granted," James said after shootaround Thursday in advance of the Cavs' home game against the New York Knicks. "This is probably one of the biggest sporting events that is up there ever."
In Cleveland, maybe. Otherwise, LeBron spent a bit too much time admiring himself in the mirror this morning.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's a close one in Cleveland.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

#shouldhavestayedinMiami

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:#shouldhavestayedinMiami
#dontbestupid

Gonna take them a while to gel...just like it does EVERY team that's cobbled together the way theirs was in Cleveland.