NBA Season 2014-15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Season 2014-15

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:Bron Bron and Kyrie got into it after the loss to Portland. Looks like Bron Bron is already frustrated.

#should'vestayedinmiamibronbron
Sounds like Lebron had reason to confront him. Kyrie has ZERO assists in 6 straight quarters.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sixers down 40 to Raptors late in 4th. Yeah, they are the worst.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Sixers down 40 to Raptors late in 4th. Yeah, they are the worst.
Toronto is sneaky good, but, yeah ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Hard to be sneaky good when your one of only teams in the east worth a damn. They stand out quite well. No nba team should lose by 40 tho.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Hard to be sneaky good when your one of only teams in the east worth a damn. They stand out quite well. No nba team should lose by 40 tho.
Dude, the East is comprised of Cleveland and Chicago ... and everybody else. Washington seems to get the most love as the potential No. 3 seed, and everyone talks about the improvement of Charlotte. I don't think Toronto gets the attention it deserves because the franchise has only won one playoff series in its history. Plus it's Toronto -- off the U.S. media radar and not exactly a town that screams "HOOPS!"

But the Raps are pretty good. No threat to the Cavs or Bulls in the long run, but a team that can beat any NBA team on any regular-season night. That's more than my sorry-ass Knicks can say. :) :evil:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:But the Raps are pretty good. No threat to the Cavs or Bulls in the long run, but a team that can beat any NBA team on any regular-season night. That's more than my sorry-ass Knicks can say. :) :evil:
I actually disagree with that. The Bulls and Cavs have a ton more talent, but I just love the way Toronto plays. I think they've got a legit shot to come out of the east this year, given how sorry it truly is.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:But the Raps are pretty good. No threat to the Cavs or Bulls in the long run, but a team that can beat any NBA team on any regular-season night. That's more than my sorry-ass Knicks can say. :) :evil:
I actually disagree with that. The Bulls and Cavs have a ton more talent, but I just love the way Toronto plays. I think they've got a legit shot to come out of the east this year, given how sorry it truly is.
Will be interesting to see how they play in tonight's game against the Bulls. The Raptors do look sneaky good this season.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Will be interesting to see how they play in tonight's game against the Bulls. The Raptors do look sneaky good this season.
I hope the Raps light 'em up because I have Lowry on my Fan Duel squad tonight :).
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sixers down by 40+ to Mavs near end of 1st half.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

OK OK Philly is the worst. Haha.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

14 points in the first 16 minutes of the game last night? I don't want to hear the "We're not tanking" mantra from anyone in the Sixers' organization for the rest of this season.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Has attendance tanked too?

That coach looks nervous. If attendance declines, there will be pressure to replace the coach. Maybe the GM too.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

wco81 wrote:Has attendance tanked too?

That coach looks nervous. If attendance declines, there will be pressure to replace the coach. Maybe the GM too.
There is no chance Brett Brown gets fired anytime soon. He has been EXTREMELEY patient and done a great job as a teacher of the few actual young, NBA players they have. He is a great teacher of the game, which is what the Sixers need more than anything. He is from Pop's camp too. I can't criticize anyone who thinks they are tanking - free country. I honestly like what they are doing. They are not doing the "normal" blow what cap you have on some mid level FAs and just compete to slip into the playoffs 'thing'. Sam Hinke (GM) came from Houston and is very cerebral. He doesn't show his hand much at all and, of course, the media hates that. That being said, the media hasn't been too hard on him. To fire him now would be a waste. The ownership is all in to what Hinke has presented and has been doing. If Embiid turns out to be the stud he potentially can be they will be a nice squad in two years. Next year they will have MCW, Noel and Embiid on the floor. Dario Saric (1st rd pick this year who is playing in Turkey) will come the following year. There are no guarantees any of it will work but the plan is clear. They will have a ton of $$ under the cap next year and the year after so Hinke can then field a legit team.

As far as attendance, it hasn't been as bad as you think. They far from fill the arena but it hasn't been pathetic. That will come.

I can't wait to see Embiid on the floor.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wow a NBA thread on DSP longer than 1 page. I guess the NBA is really back. I've read it's on the upswing in interest recently. I was surprised NBA 2K15 is the #1 selling game as well.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
I'm going to quote myself, because I STILL love the way the Raps play. Beat down a pretty damn good Suns team who just didn't have enough in the tank to come back on them. The Raps are legit and I completely stand by that. Oh and they are tied with the Grizz for best record in the NBA. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Raps also SPANKED the Cavs last week. A very, very good basketball team. Probably Silver's nightmare for TV ratings, but it would be cool to see a team besides Chicago or Cleveland emerge from the East.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Heat are where I expected them to be with that roster. When Wade, Bosh are healthy they compensate for everyone else. When McRobert's is semi healthy you can see a more dynamic team that moves the ball a lot. And when they do, Deng benefits from it. Chalmers has stepped up but still inconsistent. Norris Cole has done a decent job. What I do like is the youth, FINALLY.

I was worried about Napier but you can see his play, improve and Ennis while raw shows flashes at time. Even Dawkins Jr helped with a win a few nights ago. What's been hurting the Heat are injuries. If they had a healthy Grainger, McRoberts and Deng you could probably get a better gauge of where the team is at ability wise. Props to Riley and Co for at least building a competitive team after Bron Bron left.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Went to Clippers and Suns tonight and damn what an incredible game even tho the outcome went against the Suns on an absolute ridiculous bounce on a horrifically shot three by Blake. No way in hell I've ever seen a ball take that angle on a bounce. Whoa.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sixers are so young and obviously going nowhere this year but they are fun to watch! Nice win last night coming from 23 down to beat the Heat. They only had 8 players available too. Youngest team in the history of the league. KJ McDaniels is the real fn deal! He's a smarter version of Iggy and a 2nd rounder! He's a top 5 rookie right now. Two sweet put backs last night and he's a STUD on D. My prediction of being the worst team in the league may not happen if they continue to improve. I can live with that. With Embiid and Saric coming in the near future plus two 1st rounders in the coming draft and cap $$$ - who knows what could happen in the next 3-5 years :D

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-phi ... back-games
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'll have to start watching the Sixers again. KJ McDaniels can be a restricted (or unrestricted) free agent next summer. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Go figure after an inconsistent run the Heat beat the Clippers. Hassan Whiteside might be the center the Heat have needed.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Go figure after an inconsistent run the Heat beat the Clippers. Hassan Whiteside might be the center the Heat have needed.
The only problem with you caring about that is that the clippers aren't that good. Oh and they hate each other allegedly.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't follow the Clips but I thought they were a top playoff team in the West. Well, the Heat have been losing to both good and crappy teams this season. Maybe Whiteside gives us Heater's some hope. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Go figure after an inconsistent run the Heat beat the Clippers. Hassan Whiteside might be the center the Heat have needed.
The only problem with you caring about that is that the clippers aren't that good. Oh and they hate each other allegedly.
Exactly. The Clippers are far from the gold standard in the West. They'll probably end up with the No. 7 seed in the West once the Spurs get going.

Griffin is overrated. Defense remains optional for Paul, and the Clippers may have the worst bench of any playoff-bound team in the NBA.

DB also is right: Rumors of serious dissent in that locker room.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

People better start taking Atlanta seriously as a potential NBA champion, barring injuries or a major shakeup in the power structure of the NBA due to deals before the deadline.

Yes, the East sucks. But the Hawks are 10-2 against Western teams this season, 19-6 against Eastern teams.

VERY underrated, good squad.