Kiss Sega GT 2002 goodbye

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My copy of Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox is headed for half.com as soon as I finish this post.
<BR>
<BR>Why? The all-conquering Ford GT40 Concept car.
<BR>
<BR>I had read posts in various Internet forums claiming that the Ford GT40 Concept car -- the yellow car with the black stripe on the box art -- was untouchable. Well, those stories are right.
<BR>
<BR>I sold my Strasborg Tipo for $332,000 and bought the GT40 Concept for $150,000 and tricked it out fully. The car is unstoppable. I ran it in the Supercar Challenge race, bouncing it off the walls due to its exceptional power and still won by two seconds on my first try. I could see myself winning a two-lap race by 10 seconds once I learned how to harness the power of this car.
<BR>
<BR>Combine this "money car" with the awful track design, and Sega GT 2002 is toast. There are just too many good games coming out for me to keep this.
<BR>
<BR>Maybe I´ll buy it again if the rumored add-on discs add Xbox Live play and tracks with better design.
<BR>
<BR>It´s too bad, as this game has a lot going for it. But the Ford GT40 Concept "money car" and lousy track design hurt it badly.
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2002-10-20 19:14, pk500 wrote:
<BR>My copy of Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox is headed for half.com as soon as I finish this post.
<BR>
<BR>Why? The all-conquering Ford GT40 Concept car.
<BR>
<BR>I had read posts in various Internet forums claiming that the Ford GT40 Concept car -- the yellow car with the black stripe on the box art -- was untouchable. Well, those stories are right.
<BR>
<BR>I sold my Strasborg Tipo for $332,000 and bought the GT40 Concept for $150,000 and tricked it out fully. The car is unstoppable. I ran it in the Supercar Challenge race, bouncing it off the walls due to its exceptional power and still won by two seconds on my first try. I could see myself winning a two-lap race by 10 seconds once I learned how to harness the power of this car.
<BR>
<BR>Combine this "money car" with the awful track design, and Sega GT 2002 is toast. There are just too many good games coming out for me to keep this.
<BR>
<BR>Maybe I´ll buy it again if the rumored add-on discs add Xbox Live play and tracks with better design.
<BR>
<BR>It´s too bad, as this game has a lot going for it. But the Ford GT40 Concept "money car" and lousy track design hurt it badly.
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>I hate to hear this about Sega GT 2002 PK. I had hoped it would be one of the incentives to make me come off the hip for an XBox. Would your attitude be much different if the Ford GT40 weren´t part of the package?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

John:
<BR>
<BR>First things first. Welcome back to DSP. It will be an honor to work with one of the true pioneers of sports gaming editorial on the Net.
<BR>
<BR>I´m not sure if I´d feel differently if not for the GT40. There may be other "money" cars that I didn´t uncover.
<BR>
<BR>Sega GT isn´t a bad game, but it still has that Gran Turismo-esque "car collecting" feel to it instead of a great racing feel like a Jarrett & Labonte Stock Car Racing for the PSX or Moto GP for the Xbox.
<BR>
<BR>But if you have broadband service, Xbox Live is good enough reason to get an Xbox, my friend. It´s amazing!
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

PK, you´ve got me very interested in XBox Live. The only PC racing I do now is online, and I´m literally consumed by it because it´s so good in both NASCAR 2002 and GPL. I´d like to expand that into console team sports gaming. I still can´t get into playing football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer on the PC as much as I do a console. I have cable service so I´m not lacking much from being online with the XBox.... other than the XBox itself.
<BR>
<BR>I was in EB yesterday and was just astounded at the XBox offers they have right now... they´re almost giving the stuff away!? It was all I could do to avoid making an impulse purchase, but this week wouldn´t be the time for me to further complicate matters by buying a new video game system.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for the word on Sega GT. I´m starting to get the picture. I will be looking further into the XBox!
<BR>
<BR>