PES 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2015

Post by tjung0831 »

sportdan30 wrote:Demo is out for the PS3 and PS4. Will download this evening.
I don't see a demo on PS4 at this point

Edit - nevermind...I found it!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This is the footie game to get. It's like the EPL vs MLS. This game does so much right. Fisrt off I figured I compared the graphics and they are pretty much the same on the PS4 and XONE. The PS4 looks slightly better but it's kinda marginal. This is NOT a true 1080P game it's just upscaled which is why things don't look as clean as they should. I wonder if the PC version will be true 1080P or upscaled. With the community packs available that could be the way I go.

Definitely FIFA looks true next-gen. PES is just a slightly cleaner version of the PS3/360.

The game is just badass. Everything you hoped for in FIFA is here. Like I mentioned earlier the CPU will utilize and has a mid and long range passing attack. I got caught off guard and watched the CPU float one over from outside my box to way pass the center line. You'll see the CPU and especially your guys throw their hands up for a run past defenders without having to initiate any controller input like FIFA. It's actually great to see Ronaldo squeeze past two backs for an open look at the GK. Again no controller inputs, it's all on the CPU AI.

Tackling and dispossession isn't as automatic as FIFA as you need the right angle and player. The CPU AI will challenge any attempt at either. One nice touch and don't know if it was in last years game cause I skipped that is when doing a GK or free kick you have a line of sight where the ball should go. With the GK it was an arcing line up down, with Ronaldo that same arc had bend to it going left/right or right/left.

Penalties are called but not cheap on both sides. Late in the game I got a foul called and Pirlo burns one for a score on a FK from outside the box and i'm down 1-2 at the 78 min mark. The CPU as well is not shy from firing one from different angles or spots if they sense an opportunity.

Passing isn't automatic in this game either unlike FIFA which can easily turn into mid field Soccer Pong.

To me the biggest thing about PES vs FIFA is that in PES you feel you are playing as part of a team and they are helping you out unlike FIFA which you pretty much have to do it all or else. I've been too frustrated with FIFA watching the ball get close to the keeper and my guys just standing around unaware of where the ball is and sometimes they'll go in defense mode which kills off a scoring chance. They should be moving forward at least the forwards and mid line. In PES that happens automatically.

So i'm sold on PES but not sure which version. I hope there's a PC demo but haven't found it yet.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Based on the demo the AI has improved quite a bit as you mentioned and it feels like a true representation of the sport. Fifa is definitely more on the arcade side but with its license and numerous modes you are guaranteed that you will find something to enjoy. I agree about the ping-pong effect in midfield and this is more evidenced in online games where they just use the pace abuse.

No construction, no build ups, people just pick the fastest players, apply the odd skills and it's on to the races. However on higher offline tournaments you can have a more realistic feel of the game with EA not to mention difficulty.

It'll remain to be seen how PES plays online, a feature that lags figuretly compared to Fifa.

Not sure what you mean by comparing the EPL to MLS other than its quality, but yes the crosses are beautiful to watch in PES including the corners dipping of the ball, and yes you do feel as all eleven players are coordinating together.

I happen to skip Konami every second year, usually the lack of game modes, limited license and poor online gameplay kills it for me, but based on gameplay alone I will be getting this one for sure.

Cool animations and visuals with the exception of the pitch which needs more greenery and be less cloudy.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:Not sure what you mean by comparing the EPL to MLS other than its quality, but yes the crosses are beautiful to watch in PES including the corners dipping of the ball, and yes you do feel as all eleven players are coordinating together.
I was referring to game play. After playing PES 2015, FIFA is far inferior in game play.
10spro wrote:Cool animations and visuals with the exception of the pitch which needs more greenery and be less cloudy.
This is NOT a true next gen game and the visuals are upscaled, spruced up 360/PS3 graphics. I also noticed my PS4 fans were spinning up so that is typically indicative of demands on the CPU. The cloudy effect and lower res of the pitch and 3D crowd is to keep a solid framerate which it does throughout a match.

The graphics show a little too much grey and I remember EA commenting back in the original Xbox days wrt NCCA Football as to why the PS2 versions colors were brighter and the Xbox had the color toned down and an overall grey look. There answer was "framerate enhancer".

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

NHL 15 is using the same effect then it seems?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:I agree about the ping-pong effect in midfield and this is more evidenced in online games where they just use the pace abuse.

No construction, no build ups,
I forgot to mention that yes, I noticed that as well. In PES the front and mid lines move forward based on what I see on the radar on an attack and there is a noticeable buildup with strikers moving forward waiting for a break.

In FIFA there's no such thing, no buildup what so ever and like you said, you either use a fast player or revert to passing long to catch the AI off guard.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Rodster wrote:This is the footie game to get. It's like the EPL vs MLS. This game does so much right. Fisrt off I figured I compared the graphics and they are pretty much the same on the PS4 and XONE. The PS4 looks slightly better but it's kinda marginal. This is NOT a true 1080P game it's just upscaled which is why things don't look as clean as they should. I wonder if the PC version will be true 1080P or upscaled. With the community packs available that could be the way I go.
Konami say it is 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbone and PS3.

http://www.konami.jp/we/2015/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Feanor wrote:Konami say it is 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbone and PS3.
That's a subpar 1080P looking game then, nowhere close to the bar EA raised with FIFA Football.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So along Halo, this comes out on Tuesday. Just not sure which system I am getting it for. Anyone else after the promising demo?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm leaning on the PC version.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Got the PS4 version (preloaded on the weekend)- got PS4 version because it's a noticeable graphical upgrade on the XBONE version (comparing demos).

Played 4 games. This game is the real deal - if you liked the demo you'll like this. I think it's f'ing brilliant.

Rod - I would be wary of the PC version. Word is that it's not the same game as the XBONE and PS4 versions. PC version comes out on the 13th, I'd wait a few days to see if it's the same game or not.

EDIT: It has the 'fake' EPL and 'fake' Championship - nice to have Championship teams! I played Derby vs. Ipswich (can't remember what their fake names were). Transfers seem up to date.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Good to know Macca. I preordered the Xbone version and hopefully will get here tomorrow as it was a holiday today.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Macca, i'll get the PS4 version then. Maybe we could get together for a match or two. I'm just waiting to see if there's a discount for the BF deals.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Been contemplating between the two as well (pc vs ps4) so I guess that decision is easy now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

http://www.pes-patch.com/2014/08/pes-20 ... ences.html

PES Official Facebook Account : I can confirm PC and New Gen versions are the same apart from the following items. New gen is slightly ahead of PC for:

• Elapsed time – Show brightness/shadow change from real time lighting according to the match time of day
• Crowd improvement – Crowd variety to be increased by 10 times
• Player lighting to be improved through differed rendering
• Improved shirt quality – Weave variety added
• Enhance depth of field

So gameplay, animations, modes etc etc exactly same.

I wouldn’t imagine the two versions to be incredibly different. I’m not saying that you are not going to see the difference, as I haven’t seen the PC version myself yet. But It sounds really promising, and I am a PC player.

The PC version is going to be the same, the differences are going to be as few as I mentioned.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I bought the PS4 version. Love it. Heck, I even played an online game and won! :o

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leebo33 wrote:I bought the PS4 version. Love it. Heck, I even played an online game and won! :o
Any lagging? That's been my experience in the past with the PS3 so I chose Live this time. It's still in the shiny package though, I know in the past the option files have been more practical with Sony but I understand things have improved with Xbox as well.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This game on the field...just murders FIFA. So organic and unscripted. You know...the opposite of EAs game. Damn if only they had the licenses. Hopefully the community can patch the Ps4 version.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

10spro wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:I bought the PS4 version. Love it. Heck, I even played an online game and won! :o
Any lagging? That's been my experience in the past with the PS3 so I chose Live this time. It's still in the shiny package though, I know in the past the option files have been more practical with Sony but I understand things have improved with Xbox as well.
Keep in mind it was a small sample size.....it wasn't laggy per se but it wasn't as smooth as it should have been. There was the slightest of input delay.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Picked up the PC version as well to compare it to the PS4...I imagine the modding community will be up on the PC version, so that's the reason. I'm sure I'll just throw the PS4 version up on eBay or trade it in next week for GTA5.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This is what a footie game is all about. Good tempo, good tactics, love the fact that every goal feels different. No two goals you score are alike. In FIFA, I pretty much got a routine in mind: play quick one-twos to set up a chipped through ball or try bombing down the wing are often repeated tactics used by all especially online.

I can build up my play here, take possession of the ball as long as I want to, as long as I am cycling the ball smartly, the gameplay is just very fluid.

Fifa has great atmosphere and presentation, something lacking here, but it makes up in attempting to represent the beautiful game we all watch on the tube. From mastering tactics to grinding out a win, it just feels like you're truly playing a football match.

Doesn't look like the option files are doable at this point for either console although you can go and edit the players yourself.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

After ten minutes with the PC game, I'm convinced its far inferior compared to the PS4 version. So much smoother and fluid on the PS4...and as expected, all of the lighting and textures are better as well. I'll still keep the PC version around for the option files, but I'm def. keeping the PS4 version because it's just...well...better.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Now i'm glad I did not buy FIFA 15. I saw things in the PES 2015 demo I haven't seen in any FIFA game in the last 6-7 years. I'm glad PES finally got it's act together post Seabass. His Winning Eleven series was still the best but this is right up there.

Too bad I can't find a filler at Target to complete my B2G1 this week. Target sux. :P

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

how easy is the game to patch on the 360? I've only played the PC version.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

IGN's review.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/pr ... 015-review

Makes me want to trade in FIFA after reading this.

Is it possible to configre the same button controls as in FIFA?